User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 62

  1. #21
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Hey
    I don't really know how to say it =X
    But it seems like many F think that being T is better than being F
    And that like they think that being T is in every way easier than being F and that they dont like being F.
    & if F was super nice friendly and T jerk that has no emotions, so Mrs. F would like to become Mrs. T...
    while the opposite does not happend? o.O


    Get it? o_O
    So am I a moron who has hallucinations or is it true?


    Note: Sorry about the big amount of "and like you know the thingy watermelon" . I'm jealous of whoever has writing skills.
    I think it is because feelers around here and at INTPc have been treated like they are less intelligent than thinkers.

    Of course it's not true (take CC SS for example), but it's still frustrating.

  2. #22
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Because we think with our brains and you think with your hearts. And thinking with your brains is normal, so you guys are freaks for using an organ that is designed for the circulatory system.

    It's science. You can't deny my logic.



    Ahhh... Nobody thinks I'm funny but me...
    Hell yeah, I love thinking with an organ that has no neural pathways! How we think will forever be a mystery.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #23
    Senior Member HighwayChild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Hey
    I don't really know how to say it =X
    But it seems like many F think that being T is better than being F
    And that like they think that being T is in every way easier than being F and that they dont like being F.
    & if F was super nice friendly and T jerk that has no emotions, so Mrs. F would like to become Mrs. T...
    while the opposite does not happend? o.O


    Get it? o_O
    So am I a moron who has hallucinations or is it true?


    Note: Sorry about the big amount of "and like you know the thingy watermelon" . I'm jealous of whoever has writing skills.

    Hey, I feel you sometimes. But do you ever feel like you can "turn on" the T when you need to? I know what you mean about the writing skills. T people seem very precise about what they want to say and I wonder if they can just talk and type like that without much hesitation. If I write something were I intend to put a lot of thought into it, it seems to take forever. Most of the time I don't care and will just type as my mind flows. Like right now. Tends to be babbly.
    But I really like my F much better. We all have our strenghts and weaknesses but to me, it's much more useful around other people to think primarily as an F and be able to switch to T when I have to. To me, Fs are much more fun and pleasant to be around. While not all Ts are Spock-like robots or whatever, most can certainly come off that way. Many come off as pompous and can suck the fun right out of everything. Kudos to you thinkers who manage to be relaxed and balanced, wherever you are. (I'm so sorry if I offend you!)
    Coco, I like your NF. You say the craziest nonsense but it's hilarious and so much fun to read. It really takes a different kind of intelligence to be able to pull that off, so my T thinks anyway.

  4. #24
    Senior Member HighwayChild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Hell yeah, I love thinking with an organ that has no neural pathways! How we think will forever be a mystery.
    Depending on which "organ", it can get you into lots of trouble.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but.. umm.. Is there any reason why rats would be a good way to test any of this in the first place? They could just be limited to E/I themselves. I can't imagine there being an INFP or ESTJ rat. There *could* be people that come close though. Why not test on them?
    haha, thats a great point

  6. #26
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Because we think with our brains and you think with your hearts. And thinking with your brains is normal, so you guys are freaks for using an organ that is designed for the circulatory system.

    It's science. You can't deny my logic.

    Okay Patches, this is just for you. My Dad is possibly ISXJ, probably T but I never rule out F on anyone. Both my Dad and I have quit jobs in our lifetimes because the men we were dealing with had no integrity - frigging scumbags. The money meant nothing to us, because we don't sell out our integrity for any price. One day I was talking with Dad about thinking with your head and your heart. I asked him which he does, and his answer was my own- BOTH.

    I brought up one of his melodramatic moments, earlier in his life, when he quit working for a large company, and I asked him how he decided. He pointed to his heart and said, "My heart told me the president was a piece of shit, and my head told me to tell him to shove it up his ass!"

    As far as I am concerned if someone can't use both their head and their heart together, their decisions will be utter garbage.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    xNTp
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I love my T (haha), but F people tend to be more flexible when going between T and F. T people tend to find it harder to use their F than Fs their T... Might make them more balanced/well-adapted individuals.

  8. #28
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Are Fs more prone to "the grass is greener" syndrome?

  9. #29
    Senior Member HighwayChild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Are Fs more prone to "the grass is greener" syndrome?

    Maybe, depending on the person. I suppose it could depend on the enneagram type to go along with it, like a 4 F could be more inclined to see a barren wasteland with gray skies and skeletons (which can be beautiful in it's own way) and a 7 F might definately see green pastures full of rainbows and bunny rabbits and cute little chipmunks and whatnot. I tend to see the negative more often and can get overly paranoid and usually react emotionally in a nonproductive way. I don't like this about myself. This isn't always the case, but does happen often. That's when I stop and tune in to the rational T and usually that helps bring a sense of calm and peace. So, sometimes, the T part brings in some rain and life and allows me to grow my F into a greener pasture, it's all about balance I think. This is why sometimes I can see T as being better than F, but I still enjoy the F more. I have a crazy uncle who is a T and he is fun loving and always happy, although when he goes into TJ mode, I can't help but laugh at him a little. He's ex military and it is just funny to me to see how his mind seems to transport back into his days in the field, even for something as simple of setting up a tent on a camp ground. My family knows to just get out of his way and let him do his thing. I guess I mean that he overthinks things sometimes. I keep expecting him to get flashbacks and just jump under a table screaming for everyone to GET DOWN!

  10. #30
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I brought up one of his melodramatic moments, earlier in his life, when he quit working for a large company, and I asked him how he decided. He pointed to his heart and said, "My heart told me the president was a piece of shit, and my head told me to tell him to shove it up his ass!"
    your dad is awesome.

    As far as I am concerned if someone can't use both their head and their heart together, their decisions will be utter garbage.
    absolutely.

    my dad is a T concerned with integrity. it was once suggested to him that he backdate (illegal, not to mention unethical, but rather easy to get away with) documents, and he took the issue straight to the head of the company and informed him that he would be doing no such thing, both for his own good and the good of everyone else. and he still has that job today.

    and my INTP little brother is a drama queen, his inferior/aspirational Fe is simultaneously hilarious and maddening. and sometimes very sweet, though he'd be loathe to admit it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Are Fs more prone to "the grass is greener" syndrome?
    well, Fs in general concentrate on people more, so i think there is a natural tendency to compare and contrast. i also suspect that Fs, especially Fi dom/aux, are more prone to experiencing it in emotional bouts too, which correlates to feeling down about oneself. it's the usage of shitty logic that is then attached to value judgments:

    (parentheses = things one may tend to forget/leave out)

    1. ____ is a characteristic of me ->
    2. that was not useful to me (in this situation) ->
    3. (all) others do not seem to have this issue ->
    4. i am lesser than (some) others (in this respect) ->
    5. i suck/fail/have disappointed someone


    of course what is missing here is the other half of the argument, which is that i have some strengths that others don't. i am sure that being a T would be better in some situations, but not all.

    and i think it's easy to forget sometimes that others have bouts of insecurity too, when you're so absorbed in your own issues. despite lots of Fi dom/aux I AM NOT JEALOUS! statements on the boards, i personally totally admit to jealousy. i compare myself to others and naturally notice all their strengths (as an F is apt to do...) and feel insecure in comparison. of course the solution is emphasizing your own strengths

    secrets:
    incidentally, for anyone who struggles with feeling down on themselves too, i really like keeping a resume (aka really obvious list of accomplishments) and a "scrapbook" board (instead of all my scrap stuff in a book it's pinned up on a huge corkboard) around to remind me of how awesome i am and all the fun things i've done and hope to do

Similar Threads

  1. Searching the first person who doesn't want to be better than an ENTJ
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 02:35 AM
  3. This place is better than MBTIc
    By Athenian200 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 02:15 PM
  4. How Intuitives can be better with money...
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO