cool stuff

F vs. T -3
    N vs. S -8
    (F+T) vs. (N+S) 3
    Fi vs. Fe 1
    Ti vs. Te 2
    Si vs. Se 4
    Ni vs. Ne 0

gives INFJ/ENFP. Changing the Ni vs. Ne slider in one direction or the other nails it down.

It seems like you give much more weight to the dominant function than to the more inferior functions. Good. Please keep it that way, forever

I got isfp. T vs F and Ti vs Te were the defining factors.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Smile I like it.

I did it twice. The first time using the scales according to my own self knowledge. The second, I moved the scale taking my cognitive processes profile into account.

The first time I got ISTJ, the second INTJ ISTJ

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

For some reason I read this as "calculate your pet"
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    For some reason I read this as "calculate your pet"
    Now I wonder what is the type of your pet.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Interesting,
    I got ENFP and ENTP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think I found a small bug.

If I go all of these in their maxes

T+F -> T N -> Fi Ti Ne Si

It gives INTP or ISTP, even though ISTP should'nt come up at all, and if I lower the T+F from =-10 to -9. ISTP dissappears. So there seems to be a bug when you max out the slides somewhere.

Or am I wrong in my assumption? In reality I relate to somewhere in the center of the TF-SN slide though. Both sides come into play for me.
    It's not a bug -- all my program does is look for the first most used function (in this case Ti), and try to distinguish between INTP and ISTP with Ne vs. Se. If Ne and Se are the same it can't choose.

Unless maybe I misunderstand you. If so, please explain since I for some reason can't decode what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I got INTP....I'm not crazy about the T/F distinction. I think about truth a lot, but I am Fi-dom. In many ways, I relate much more to Ti than Fe, so lumping both Fs together often makes me test T.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I mean exactly that....Fi deals with truth plenty .
    Um, Fi deals with truth zero by definition. I don't know how to distinguish better.

I'm not talking about Fi types here (INFP and ISFP). I'm not saying they use Thinking zero. I'm just saying the function itself has nothing to do with truth (except if you're using some weird value-based definition of truth).

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I had the same issue.

I would have used: "F is about whether something is right or appropriate, T is about whether something is correct or implementable." [rather than "good", "true" and "feasible"]
    Yeah those work well too. I feel 'feasible' really means the same thing as 'implementable' in this context, as do 'right' and 'good' and 'correct' and 'true'. If I didn't say appropriate, though, I should have.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Like an ESTJ who use Ne more than the other functions, which doesn't fit with the logic of functions.
    Not sure I get what you mean. If you get ESTJ, what that means is your Te has the highest score and your Si is higher than Ni.

I think that's the definition of ESTJ. Isn't it?

This is just a thought, I'm not sure if it's valid, but it's a hunch. Like those who make connections with experiences, would still in this scales eyes be S even though the act of connecting experiences is seen more as Ne, which correlates with NP's though this person may prefer experiences more than ideas. Does this make sense?
    If a person makes connections with experiences, they are using both S and N. Only in situations where one of the two is more prevalent is it even possible to distinguish a preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Unsurprisingly enough, I got INFJ, which means my results were accurate. I had trouble understanding what you meant with the T + F vs. N + S pair-off, though, and ended up just leaving it alone.
    The reason I had to have that scale was that if I didn't, then S+N would always be exactly 50% of the total functions (as would T+F). That's not very often the case with individuals, so I had to include it.

If you go towards the N+S side, your S and N functions will go up and your T and F functions go down.

I guess the way to use it would be to (in your case), compare your Ni score to your Fe score. Slide the scale until you think they have the right ratio. The rest of the stuff will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I'm impressed, but I have three concerns:
    1. I didn't really follow the description of Ti and Fi you gave. 'good' doesn't make sense to me.
    Can you be a bit more specific?

2. I think it needs some kind of guide to how far you should generally pull a scale. I used 1 2 or 3 to be weak, medium or strong respectively, other people seem to max it out or something, and I bet there are all sorts of other ways to do it. There's 21 different spots you can put the slider isn't there?
    That's a really good idea. And yes, there are 21 spots.

3. Since it is done by displacing one scale relative to another, shouldn't the scales be placed one on top of the other? That way it would be clearer which you believe is highest or not.
    I'm not sure what you mean...

The sliders are arranged vertically in terms of their change-power.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    The reason I had to have that scale was that if I didn't, then S+N would always be exactly 50% of the total functions (as would T+F). That's not very often the case with individuals, so I had to include it.

If you go towards the N+S side, your S and N functions will go up and your T and F functions go down.

I guess the way to use it would be to (in your case), compare your Ni score to your Fe score. Slide the scale until you think they have the right ratio. The rest of the stuff will follow.
    I understand why you had to put that scale on the calculator, I just had trouble interpreting the description you put below it. The only thing I can figure is that you're describing the difference between going with a gut reaction in an unquestioning sort of way as opposed to questioning your reactions and arriving at a more thought-out approach.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I understand why you had to put that scale on the calculator, I just had trouble interpreting the description you put below it. The only thing I can figure is that you're describing the difference between going with a gut reaction in an unquestioning sort of way as opposed to questioning your reactions and arriving at a more thought-out approach.
    Well, yeah, I do admit that I was someone stuck when trying to describe that one.....

I said the only description I could think of for that scale...any other thoughts?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    Now I wonder what is the type of your pet.
    Lol. He was an INTJ but he disappeared on Valentines Day. I hope he found a nice love and not a pack of hungry coyote. Sigh, I still miss my Macavity...
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"