User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP

Default It's an N world: the N connection

As a woman, the E, F, and P already feel natural/normal to me, so when I think of how different I am from the others around me, I just think of the N, and that's the reason why I'm here, why I think about this stuff sometimes.
    Instead of just 'living with everyone', it's like I'm outside the box looking in, seeing the general picture.
    I don't really care too much about the distinct differences of each of the N types; to me, we're all in the same group. I feel more connection with N types than I do with any of the other functions. All S's are far in reality to me, and I don't feel they ever really understand or get me. They're so blended into the world, with other people, and they can speak and make body gestures so readily and normally, while I feel a 'hesitance', never having been able to just blurt something out or physically push myself (sensual) like it's natural.
    To everyone else, the sky and clouds are just sky and clouds.. they're thinking it looks like nice sunny weather today, or it's about to rain if it looks gray. To me the sky and clouds look like a painting.. the sun's different colored hues blended into the clouds... the sky is so beautiful.

I used to know an INFP who felt more connected with ISFPs than any other.. which was always strange to me, S's are so far from reality from us. I knew another INFJ who felt more connected with introverts in general, than other N types who are extroverted.
    Those who don't feel their strongest connection with other Ns, explain your experience..

Anyways, most of us on the forum are Ns already, but I want to make this topic specifically about our connection as iNtuitives. & my N love for other Ns I just want to connect.
    I feel that mutual attraction and affection(?)this loving feeling, when I see an iNtuitive. I know we understand each other.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by deep rain View Post
    I feel that mutual attraction and affection(?)this loving feeling, when I see an iNtuitive. I know we understand each other.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't necessarily find my strongest connections to other people correlating to any cognitive function. I'm really close to my ISFJ mom, and we share no functions, according to this theory anyway.

That said, the people I relate to most tend to have a 1 letter change and/or are NF (which is interesting, as that can also mean totally different functions). I'd say that INTPs, INFJs, ISFPs, ENFPs and ENFJs are the types I find myself relating to the most in my life. I do sometimes relate to other extreme introverts also.

I understand the "N connection" thing and how it can be really nice to experience. I often recognize when I am talking to another iNtuitive, & it's refreshing as it can be less frequent for me (surrounded by SFs...). However, I still can connect to Sensors very well. There are different ways you connect and relate to different people.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    xNTp

I also like Ns best.
    Then Ts.

I also connect with other Ns best. Ss are far too "caught up in the moment" for me. I prefer people who ponder what could be and make many connections.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

eh, but i like that Ss are more in reality. sometimes i forget to appreciate things for what they are because i get so far off on mental tangents. i don't think they lack a sense of beauty at all.

not that i don't love you Ns, but i like a mixture of both personally

i seem to connect most easily rather randomly. ENTP, ENFJ, ISTP, ISFP... probably my "easiest connection" types. but not necessarily my favorites...