User Tag List

First 91011

ReflecTcelfeR

Then what do consistent results on tests throughout time suggest? You're always the same? But we always change... Weird.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There's so much love in this thread I can't stand it.

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
    O Lord Kumbaya

Banned

I agree with the statement, but I think the other functions might enter in a support role even if they are not in charge. I believe that the inferior function (the fourth) enters only occasionally and once developed still prefers the subconscious to the ego. What is often misrepresented is that the any function entering the conscious driving seat can be a negative or a positive experience, it is, simply an experience.

I also do believe that the core personality/ego really is defined by a persons Hero with it's associated dominant function and dominant attitude.

I'm still in debate with myself if regarding the functionality of the Peur when it is in the driving seat or when other functions are in the driving seat, for example:

Could as easily have a different attitude on the tertiary if the dominant has an extreme attitude at that particular time:

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Are you feeling the love?
    I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    We have tendencies (i.e., not determinations) that will direct our libido in certain directions.

The probabilities for these tendencies are influenced by our genetics, and by our past experiences/decisions.

Whichever direction our libido goes is not determined, but is probabilistically weighted, and therefore whatever functions we use are not determined, but are simply probabilistic; as such, we do not necessarily hold rigidly to a particular type's functional set at all times.

However, for some people (perhaps even most), the probability-weightings are such that they rarely deviate from their "basal" functional set (i.e., the set of functions associated with the highest probability weightings on an individual's various axes: S vs. N, T vs. F, E vs. I).

As such, and even in cases where people deviate occasionally from their "basal" type, people generally tend to display, over the long run, characteristics of a particular type, or, possibly, a hybrid type (which occurs when the probability weightings on one or more of the axes is relatively close to 50%).
    How's that for self-righteous?

Banned

Comment on INTJ Anima/Animus,

@Zathrusthra, @Highlander, @etc.

I have been trawling through my past memories of Se breakthroughs and have discovered it is quite defining, often finding myself semi absurdly doing things such as thinking 'she would look good in rainbow shocks/power suit/high heels/dress' etc. almost completely out of control of my normal train of thought. Have any other INTJs experienced similar reactions to this often very close to just meeting someone with these kind of Se override switches triggering a change in attitude?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

^ my Se is actually quite well-developed, as I have played sports my entire life and am an extreme lover of women...

my girlfriend actually said to me last night: "even when you're in a rush, you have time to be superficial..."

i felt that drove the point home rather well...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    ^ my Se is actually quite well-developed, as I have played sports my entire life and am an extreme lover of women...

my girlfriend actually said to me last night: "even when you're in a rush, you have time to be superficial..."

i felt that drove the point home rather well...
    My question was poorly worded, what I intended to ask is: Do you find that occasionally you project your Se onto others as a strong sensory desire that seems separate to your conscious?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    My question was poorly worded, what I intended to ask is: Do you find that occasionally you project your Se onto others as a strong sensory desire that seems separate to your conscious?
    Never. I am as pure as white snow.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639