User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Do we have evidence that the functions are mutually exclusive? Can we? What do they represent exactly? Why are these things grouped and not others in our model?
    Is F and T a real dichotomy? Why must what is not thinking be feeling? Why must what is not intuition be sensing?
    Ding. Ding. Ding. Great questions.

Abstract
    Journal of Personality Assessment
    1993, Vol. 60, No. 2, Pages 290-301

Bipolarity in Jungian Type Theory and the Myers--Briggs Type Indicator
    Steven A. Girelli, *Jayne E. Stake*

The standard form of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI; Myers & McCaultey, 1985) was constructed to measure introversion/extroversion, sensing/ intuiting, and thinking/feeling as single, bipolar dimensions. We tested this assumption of bipolarity with a Likert form of the MBTI that allowed for the independent assessment of each attitude and function. A total of 106 female and 59 male undergraduate and graduate students completed the standard and Likert MBTI forms approximately 3 weeks apart. Evidence for the bipolarity of the introversion/extroversion dimension was weak, and findings did not support the bipolarity of the sensing/intuiting or thinking/feeling dimensions. Results provide evidence that high negative correlations within MBTI dimensions are an artifact of its forced-choice format.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I put you in a similar box as I put Jag, with possibly two "dominant" functions.

Example of a team leader’s type mode profile using the SL-TDI. (Singer and Loomis.)

Extraverted Sensation Dominant
    Extraverted Thinking Dominant

Extraverted Intuition Auxiliary

Introverted Feeling Mid-Mode
    Introverted Thinking Mid-Mode
    Introverted Sensing Mid-Mode

Extraverted Feeling Least Developed
    Introverted Intuition Least Developed

All food for thought for what is possible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Ding. Ding. Ding. Great questions.

Example of a team leader’s type mode profile using the SL-TDI. (Singer and Loomis.)

All food for thought for what is possible.
    Despite my irritation with your seagull approach to responding to posts, I agree the SL-TDI sounds interesting and helps resolves some problems with traditional MBTI type dynamics. It's too bad there's no online version to take (at least that I can find), nor any books on the subject that I've been able to track down. I've met too many people who seem to lead with confusing mixes of functions (Ti-Si for example) to think that the standard models of type dynamics are always correct for everyone.

Still, I'd think at least alluding to what you do think is correct is far more helpful than simply attacking what you think is incorrect. I'd certainly be open to other models that more fully reflect reality, even if they aren't so consistent in pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Despite my irritation with your seagull approach to responding to posts, I agree the SL-TDI sounds interesting and helps resolves some problems with traditional MBTI type dynamics. It's too bad there's no online version to take (at least that I can find), nor any books on the subject that I've been able to track down.
    Here's a quick pointer for you: When you are looking for information on a topic, don't begin your post by being snarky.
    Now that we got that out of the way, here's some info you may find interesting:

The Singer-Loomis Inventory of Personality

This is the work of two Jungian analysts, June Singer and Mary Loomis. It is not only the newest of the tests, but it is structured differently, for it does not make the assumption that the three measures of extraversion-introversion, thinking- feeling and sensation-intuition must be opposed to each other.

SINGER-LOOMIS TDI: THE NEXT GENERATION OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TYPE INSTRUMENT
    http://haskayne.ucalgary.ca/haskayne...ger-loomis.pdf

An Inventory designed to assess personality functioning
    http://www.movingboundaries.com/

MBTI
    INTJ

Farp, and it's even called a type deployment inventory.

You damn extrovert, Jag. With all your years of experience you should know by now that your dominant function influences your development of ideas, and particularly in this case some theory that appeals to reality as it really happens in the external world will be right up your alley. But what level of truth does it represent?

It can't possibly not represent truth. To say so is to say that people with dominant e functions are routinely wrong, which they're not. But to say it's the whole story is to say one set of functions does always do better at everything than any other set.

Begs the question, how much of the real world as we see it is indicative what goes on inside a person?

Probably a lot of it is.

But we are surely also familiar with the idea that appearances deceive.

(Hello Ni imperative... one now wonders if it is always necessary to see behind what is presented? Well, yes, for me, it is. Otherwise I have nothing particularly interesting to get involved with here. But is that a dominant function dominating or is it a learned approach that allows a particular specialization of functioning? Either way, I'm not going to get far merely cataloging what the external world offers--I'd also like to wildly speculate in the hope of coming up with a renewed picture of what is real.

Still, how does that holism emerge? By functions taking command of consciousness or by some other holism already in existence? Or by yo momma?)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Here's a quick pointer for you: When you are looking for information on a topic, don't begin your post by being snarky.
    Now that we got that out of the way, here's some info you may find interesting:

The Singer-Loomis Inventory of Personality

This is the work of two Jungian analysts, June Singer and Mary Loomis. It is not only the newest of the tests, but it is structured differently, for it does not make the assumption that the three measures of extraversion-introversion, thinking- feeling and sensation-intuition must be opposed to each other.

SINGER-LOOMIS TDI: THE NEXT GENERATION OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TYPE INSTRUMENT
    http://haskayne.ucalgary.ca/haskayne...ger-loomis.pdf

An Inventory designed to assess personality functioning
    http://www.movingboundaries.com/
    Yep, already found those. But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    You damn extrovert, Jag. With all your years of experience you should know by now that your dominant function influences your development of ideas, and particularly in this case some theory that appeals to reality as it really happens in the external world will be right up your alley. But what level of truth does it represent?

It can't possibly not represent truth. To say so is to say that people with dominant e functions are routinely wrong, which they're not. But to say it's the whole story is to say one set of functions does always do better at everything than any other set.

Begs the question, how much of the real world as we see it is indicative what goes on inside a person?

Probably a lot of it is.

But we are surely also familiar with the idea that appearances deceive.

(Hello Ni imperative... one now wonders if it is always necessary to see behind what is presented? Well, yes, for me, it is. Otherwise I have nothing particularly interesting to get involved with here. But is that a dominant function dominating or is it a learned approach that allows a particular specialization of functioning? Either way, I'm not going to get far merely cataloging what the external world offers--I'd also like to wildly speculate in the hope of coming up with a renewed picture of what is real.

Still, how does that holism emerge? By functions taking command of consciousness or by some other holism already in existence? Or by yo momma?)
    Kalach do you have anything to offer in this thread other than calling people retards or screwing with people in general? And you wonder why you're not taken seriously. Go sleep it off.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Kalach do you have anything to offer in this thread other than calling people retards or screwing with people in general? And you wonder why you're not taken seriously. Go sleep it off.
    Arrrggghhh. Where is your sense of humor?

I thought Kalach was in Asia - which would make it the middle of the afternoon or something.

Are you suggesting an afternoon nap?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Where is your sense of humor?
    Not in that.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't as a matter of routine make executive decisions about what people are doing right now, so the Singer Loomis version of type--seemingly aka "type is whatever you're doing right now"--doesn't appeal. I do however as a matter of routine dream up longer term conceptualizations, possibly even attempting to be predictive, so some theory of type that allows a longer term focus on the person as an object both in and out of a changing environment suits better.

See? If we all work together, we'll have eventually contributed the whole picture. What remains to be determined is how much of our own pictures we'll have to abandon and how much will have to be augmented by stuff we don't like.

Are you feeling the love? I am.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

12 steps of love awaits.
    MBTI= what type are you right now.