User Tag List

View Poll Results: In your opinion, how many of the statements below are true?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • None of these

15 57.69%

2 7.69%

0 0%

2 7.69%

1 3.85%

3 11.54%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • I believe all of these and would agree with more similar statements.

3 11.54%
123 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default Forum opinion on common MBTI remarks

Please indicate how many of the statements below you regard as true.

A. If I am an Extrovert, my communication skills are superior to that of people with "I" in their code.
    B. If I am an Extrovert, then I am a sociable, friendly person with highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
    C. If I test as an Extrovert, my results suggest that I am socially talented and should make lifestyle choices that involve a lot of interaction with people such as public speaking, hosting parties and pursuing careers that will not obligate me to spend a lot of time alone.
    D. If I am an intuitive, I am more creative than people who identify as Sensors.
    E. If I am an intuitive type, I am a person of high-ideals, a visionary, an intellectual who has great potential to change the way people think.
    F. If my MBTI test scores suggest that I am an intuitive type, I am a cerebral person and should make lifestyle choices that emphasize abstract thinking; perhaps I should consider writing novels, poetry, becoming a public speaker or any other enterpise that allows me to share my ideas with others.
    G. If I am a Thinking type, my logical reasoning skills are superior to that of people who identify themselves as Feelers.
    H. If I am a Thinking type, I am logical, analytical and dispassionate.
    I. If my MBTI test-scores suggest that I am a thinking type, I should make lifestyle choices that involve problem-solving, deductive reasoning or dispassionate contemplation; perhaps I should consider specializing in Computer Science, Information Technology or Mathematics.
    J. If I am a Judging type, I am generally more organized than people who identify as perceivers.
    K. If I am a Judging type, I am a well-organized, responsible person who is generally good at following through on plans.
    L. If my test results suggest that I am a judging type, I should consider pursuing careers that involve organizing tasks, helping others find structure in their work and delegating responsibilities; it is quite likely that I would do well in a managerial or an administrative position.
    M. If I notice that somebody is a Feeler, I'm inclined to think that they are a friendly person.
    N. If somebody is an NT, they are probably more intelligent than most people.
    O. If somebody is an NF, they probably do a better job understanding people and would make better counsellors than people of other types.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I voted none of them. MBTI measures your preferences, not your abilities.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Cut to the chase and quit playing with people.
    Zero.

Glycerine

zippo.

None.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

all of them

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    zippo.
    I have one of those, I've used it for about 5 years now... something about the sounds of flipping it open and lighting it are immensely satisfying

however, I selected zero
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The choices are worded in absolutes and therefore the answers are too obvious. Next time, make it harder

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Of course.

S are obsessed by real life, unlike us N wich have VIP Access to Imagination. We N are also more creative and intelligent in general.

I are a bunch of hermit loners who live in the Sahara with their camel called Malek or Abdelkader. Extroverts actually have a life.

T is the most smart of all. F "cares about people" and all that useless stuff. We T's are more intelligent, more logic and more everything. What the F(haha) is the point of being a F. F may be friendly, but we're intelligent and respected.

J is in every way better than P. Ps are unresponsible, messy, indecisive, can't work or focus, ect. Pros of being P: Err... umm... uh...

And all that only comes to one conclusion: ENFP is the best type ^_^

garbage

Who would outright state that they believe these things? The people who are just cutting their teeth on this stuff.

Who else would blatantly admit to believing these things? Almost nobody.

Now, who would allow perceptions like these to subconsciously color their thinking and their posts? Pretty much everybody, myself included.

.. who would develop very rough mental models and mental categorizations using very loose versions of some of these statements as surface-level constructs, but without believing that their models are absolutely true and so may not have meaning to others? I'm just going to admit up to that.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    C. If I test as an Extrovert, my results suggest that I am socially talented and should make lifestyle choices that involve a lot of interaction with people such as public speaking, hosting parties and pursuing careers that will not obligate me to spend a lot of time alone.
    This one is true as worded, because the test questions for Extroversion pretty much revolve around statements such as "I am the life of the party" and "I get bored when I'm alone"--the results will suggest those sorts of lifestyle choices.

There's a case to be made for statement L, too. Both C and L reflect a decent surface-level use of MBTI for career exploration (not career determination). Most of the rest of the statements are, of course, misguided.