User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Statistically, supposedly a little under half (45% or so).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

Is this world population or population in a certain country?

I could see it making a difference.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Is this world population or population in a certain country?

I could see it making a difference.
    Good question. I once read that INTJ is the predominant type among Japanese business leaders. How? Why?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I once read that INTJ is the predominant type among Japanese business leaders. How? Why?
    Well, INTJ and ENTJ are extremely common types among business leaders in general, and Japan is a very introverted country. In the US the most common type among business leaders is likely ENTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Well, INTJ and ENTJ are extremely common types among business leaders in general, and Japan is a very introverted country. In the US the most common type among business leaders is likely ENTJ.
    I think your first sentence is right. With regards to the second one though, the percentage of business executives by type in the US is:

ISTJ - 32.1%
    ESTJ - 28%
    INTJ - 15.8%
    ENTJ - 9.4%
    ENTP - 5.3%

The rest are other types. It's interesting that ISTJs and INTJs are represented in numbers that far exceed their proportion of the overall population.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ

I recall seeing a study done once (on a documentary) that studied children adopted into different cultures, and they still tended to display personality characteristics more in line with their ethnicity/original culture than their adopted one, even when adopted at birth. There was also a noticeable difference in disposition on average. MBTI type wasn't referenced, though, and it's been awhile since I've seen it.

If you're a believer in the effect of genetics on type than that would make sense. Of course, it could also just be that certain cultures tend to prize certain types more than others (like E's in the US).
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Good point. I guess I was just thinking of somebody whose dominant function is introverted or who comes up as an I on an MBTI assessment.
    By that definition, it might be close to 50/50. Stats like "25% of the general population; 70% of the gifted" (or whatever it is) and discussions of introverts as a misunderstood minority likely use a stricter definition, and refer to a more pronounced introverted preference.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    50.9% according to the National sample figures in the MBTI Manual
    Interesting!

"National" as in U.S.A., or by nation (Australia, Germany, France, Lichtenstein, Uzbekistan, etc.) I'm only half being a smart ass, because I actually do have a genuine interest in how that statistic might vary across various nations, especially those whose cultural values are significantly different than in Western societies.

For instance, in a fundamentalist Muslim nation, it does not behoove females to be too extroverted. Gaining energy from social interactions could very well get women in such nations a caning, beating or worse at the hands of the Muttawah, or their own husbands for the matter. So, does such fear of punishment predispose women in fundamentalist Musilm societies to "become" more introverted for the sake of self preservation?

On the flip side, are American women more prone to "become" extroverted in order to pursue the many potential gains available to individuals willing to put themselves out in all kinds of situations in order to find opportunities/wealth/a suitable mate?

The answer to these questions seems to hold part of the answer as to how powerful GENOTYPE is Vs. ENVIRONMENT. (That is assuming that one's MBTI type is genetically inherited in some significant capacity. Come to think of it, is it? Has anyone ever prone that?)

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I believe the '98 figures which has them at around 50/50.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Please Understand Me Claims it's about 50/50.
    I thought they claimed 75% E / 25% I

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Aren't introversion and extroversion often viewed as more of a scale than two distinct categories? In that case, I think most people probably land around the middle somewhere and will seem extroverted to a more extreme introvert.

There are different ways people define E & I though, and based on Jung's definition, it seems to me that true introverts are the minority. I think when people think of an extrovert, they think of the extreme version, and so they cannot see themselves in it. I wonder how many people who test I are highly introverted or actually near the middle mark...
    MBTI only looks at what side of the dichotomy you fall on. And I do agree that alot of people are near the middle, which means its not uncommon to question the result. Other personality measures like the Big Five do use a continuum.

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    50.9% according to the National sample figures in the MBTI Manual
    That's what I've heard too. Its almost even between E and I.

You might be interested in this link: MBTI Proximity Chart at MROB

Apparently according to the official MBTI form M test, there are more F's than T's at about a 60:40 ratio. Only 1 in 4 females tests as a thinking type. About 1 in 5 females are ISFJ, the most common type overall. Only 1.8% of females are INTP, making me a rare breed indeed.

Also, there is a slight correlation between E/I and gender. For females about 55% are E. Reverse is true for males.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne