• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let pretend we are at a party!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:) I want for everyone to feel as welcome and happy to be there as I am! Plus- quiet people fascinate me ;)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:rofl1:

Does this happen frequently?

she's mobbed by canadians like The Beatles were with groupies back in the day! :rofl1:

I was chased just yesterday. My tin foil hat and tin foil pants were almost no match for him. I made the mistake of taking him down a peg on his politics and then used the phrase "unwashed troglodyte commoner man" on him. Something just kinda went "ping" in his brain.

The crazy thing is that I live no where near Canada. Figure that one out!

This interests me. What's the attraction of chatting them up? :huh: I do it myself in a hostess capacity but otherwise I wouldn't go by that criterion when zeroing in on conversation targets at a party. What's in it for you?

:) I want for everyone to feel as welcome and happy to be there as I am! Plus- quiet people fascinate me ;)

Whatever has it right! :) I hate to see someone looking alone and UNCOMFORTABLE. If they look all right with sitting alone, then I don't pester them, but if they look like they're going to puke on their shoes from social anxiety, then I try to step in and just relax them a little with some not-too-banal chat.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Wondering how long I have to stay before I can leave; wondering how I can reduce that time; planning my escape.

Or cooking. One or the other.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Walks into the room and comes to a halt 2 step past the doorway. Sidesteps to observe the scene without blocking the entrance. Blinks to herself

Mutters under her breath for the nth time, "Why am I coming to a party? I don't like parties..."

Pretends to be all casual like and walks diagonally across the room (while weaving expertly around clusters of people of course). All the while carefully scanning the room for people she knows.

Hears the commotion at the kitchen and peeks in. Decides to grab a can of pop while she's there. Then wanders to find a group of friends talking and stands on one side to listen while sipping her soda.

Becomes bored a couple of minutes later and finds a quiet unoccupied spot to sit. Debates whether enough is enough. Has she stayed long enough to meet social obligations.

Then goes "What the heck!"

Grabs all her stuff and heads to the door.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm standing quietly of to the side sipping on a drink . I hope someone spots me or I spot someone I feel comfortable approaching. Two or three more drinks this won't be a problem.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I break out in a cold sweat every time I enter a party, Night. Maybe we should walk in together?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Depends if I'm drunk or not. If not under the influence I'll probably be with a close friend or two chatting or whatever. If drunk I'll probably trail off in search of pretty girls to hit on. lol :D

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Depends if I'm drunk or not. If not under the influence I'll probably be with a close friend or two chatting or whatever. If drunk I'll probably trail off in search of pretty girls to hit on. lol :D

Do they hit you back? :whistling:

:D

quiet people usually have interesting things to share. The noisy ones will always be talking and be at every party, you won't miss them if you skip them for a couple... but the quiet ones may not show up again, or they may grab their stuff and head for the door before you've finished saying hello. ;)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or my INTJ wingman. Without me and Jaye, he woulda holed up long ago. He liked getting out with us. He didn't have to say anything, just get out among people with two trusty extroverted NFs! :D Plus, he keeps us out of trouble.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'd head to the bar to get a drink with Limey, Ivy and Noah and find a cozy place to hang out while yapping and people watching. After a few drinks I would bump into whatever and Pink Piranha and proceed to yap awhile with them. I would imagine at some point we'd shoot the shit with Rajah, Edahn, Xander, Substitute, Cafe, etc. Sorry if I left anyone out. Truth is I'll talk to anyone as as long as you aren't boring me to tears, so feel free to add your name to the list if you feel that at the very least you have an opinion on an interesting subject. :yes:

Will I be the loud chick in the center of the room whoopin' it up? No, I prefer intimate settings with good music and ambient lighting.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd be trying to get Jen to go home with me. MROWL!! Hotty! *bum-feel*

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'd be trying to get Jen to go home with me. MROWL!! Hotty! *bum-feel*
I am so flattered! :blush: What an awesome comment coming from such a drop dead gorgeous woman! :wubbie:

Are you an ass woman? Limey is such a T&A man. I swear sometimes he has four hands! I'm more of a crotch grabber (his, no one else's!). :yes:

Alrighty then, back to the party! :party2:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am so flattered! :blush: What an awesome comment coming from such a drop dead gorgeous woman! :wubbie:

You're very and truly welcome! :wubbie:

Are you an ass woman?

Usually? No. But I do recall blurting at a Red Wings game, "Whoooooa, baby, Yzerman's got some JUNK. IN. THE. TRUNK! W00t!" lol :D

Limey is such a T&A man. I swear sometimes he has four hands! I'm more of a crotch grabber (his, no one else's!). :yes:

AHAHAHHAHA!!! Why am I envisioning you grappling with an octopus?

Alrighty then, back to the party! :party2:

It's a party now!

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm there with my E friends, and we are mutually keeping each other in line. Either that or I am shit housed drunk and making stupid decisions. There are enough examples of both for each to be equally plausible.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm there with my E friends, and we are mutually keeping each other in line. Either that or I am shit housed drunk and making stupid decisions. There are enough examples of both for each to be equally plausible.

I sense a story. Give this man some room! :D