User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    istp

I would hold the door open for other people coming in who probably don't want to wait behind me, then enter myself and stand in the doorway so I could observe the room. If I meet the eye of anyone I recognize, I would smile in a reserved yet amiable manner typical of me in large social settings. I would probably go out of my way to greet those people first, perhaps listen intently to the conversation (or pretend to) a bit before moving on to listen to other conversations and greet people who look interesting. At some point I would get bored and start to look for ways to get some value out of my night-- probably get some water or maybe a drink and either look for another loner who looks interesting to talk to, or look for a good discussion that I'd actually want to get involved in.

Though-out the evening I probably wouldn't talk much. I'd smile a lot and pretend to find the whole thing interesting, but after long enough if nothing fun was going on, I'd slip out quietly... perhaps go jump in the pool, explore a nearby forest, or shoot some hoops out on the driveway if I could find a basketball. If I'm lucky the hosts will have some kids who can show me something more interesting to do.
    Last edited by Grayscale; 01-16-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    PM us?

yes?

and you poor introverts! I'd talk to you at a party!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    PM us?
    I'll mull it over.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    I would hold the door open for other people coming in who probably don't want to wait behind me, then enter myself and stand in the doorway so I could observe the room. If I meet the eye of anyone I recognize, I would smile in a reserved yet amiable manner typical of me in large social settings. I would probably go out of my way to greet those people first, perhaps listen intently to the conversation (or pretend to) a bit before moving on to listen to other conversations and greet people who look interesting. At some point I would get bored and start get some value out of my night-- probably get some water or maybe a drink and either look for another loner who looks interesting to talk to, or look for a good discussion that I'd actually want to get involved in.

Though-out the evening I probably wouldn't talk much. I'd smile a lot and pretend to find the whole thing interesting, but after long enough if nothing fun was going on, I'd slip out quietly... perhaps go jump in the pool, explore a nearby forest, or shoot some hoops out on the driveway if I could find a basketball. If I'm lucky the hosts will have some kids who can show me something more interesting to do.
    I'd be following this guy. Because frankly I would be bored also.

MBTI
    INFJ

"WHAT IS LOVE!?"

Is the first thing you'd hear as I step into the doorway. I don't scan the room, or look for anyone I know, but I'm probably very happy as I land on the dance floor and drop into the beat of whatever song is playing. If a circle doesn't open up for me, I start swinging elbows and giving off the party shout.

If my dancing buddies are with me, they'd be on the floor with me and we'd show each other what we learned since the last time we met.

Alternatively, I'm the DJ. XD

-A
    "Je ne craignais pas de mourir
    Mais de mourir sans etre illumine."

"I was not afraid to die,
    But to die without being enlightened."

-Comte de Saint-Germain, La Tres Sainte-Trinisophie

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Tango?
    I can do most of them :P I have danced for some years, even competed a bit in it before starting to cycle..

If you're a man dancing at a party, you're attracting a lot of women.
    Well, that's part of why I'd do it But generally dancing is by far the most fun activity I can see at a party. Chatting doesn't even come close as second. I can't see why males seem to consider it "gay" or something like that. Never seen so many chicks being attracted to me as much as when I dance, and if that's being gay hey, i'll be, lol.
    Most of my friends are lame though and don't dance. I've got only an ISTp buddy with whom I can go asking girls to dance with us.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I'd be following this guy. Because frankly I would be bored also.
    Grayscale, you have a fan!

Or perhaps, Silent, you have a wingman!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Grayscale, you have a ride home!

Or perhaps, Silent, you have gas money!
    Fixed.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Frankly, I'd try not to go unless there was someone whose company I really enjoyed also going...and we'd walk in together, if I could arrange that. But by myself, in a place where I don't know anyone, I'm very likely just to slink back out the door...depending on the whole setting of the party anyway. If it's loud, I wouldn't stay long regardless who I was with...but if it's pretty low-key, I'd stay for a while. Until I got tired or bored anyway. I'm not likely to intoduce myself to anyone unless they do so to me first. I might not even acknowledge anyone there if I didn't know them.

I'm really, just not a party person. A "get together" person, yes. Party person, no.

MBTI
    GONE

I feel pretty comfortable at clubs and enjoy myself, mostly dancing and talking to friends, but also saying hello to familiar faces, saying hi to strangers, having random conversations in general, and getting friendly with bartenders (it pays!) If I'm at a club, it's generally because I want to be there.

At parties though -- it really depends on my mood, the crowd, the kind of party, the kind of layout, who I know, and why I'm there. I know, is that vague enough? I can be really nervous, really relaxed, very outgoing, very quiet, very playful, or very reserved. Judging from past experience, it's all across the board. I've made spectacles of myself and chatted up folks ad infinitum and I've also sat or stood in a corner counting the minutes until I could leave. Even so, I generally make an effort to talk to at least 1or 2 strangers. You never know who you'll meet next!

Perhaps it's related to type? I think someone else said that ENFP can exhibit a little bit of every type.