User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i like action and happy endings! life has enough depressing and abstract shit, why add more?
    Well said, skylights;1294265 ^^

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Fi aux though i may be, indie films generally make me and/or

i like action and happy endings! life has enough depressing and abstract shit, why add more?
    See! Without Fi, you won't be able to dislike something due to some subjective measure
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Clearly I am heavily biased. But I think it's most appropriate for people dominant in a function to discuss the effects of not having a certain function exist. Clearly though, as i've said earlier, it's a little inappropriate to isolate individual functions.
    For this reason;

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I actually like the rudder metaphor.

I think Fi is the rudder, at least for an Fi-user.

But for an Fe-user, Fe-is the rudder...

Now for humanity, hmmmm...

I would say for humanity, there is no single rudder.

There are thousands of rutters constantly trying to push the world in their own direction.
    Brilliant!!!

Ever heard of the stanford prison experiments? (where all of the subjects were separated into 'guards' and 'prisoners' and the guards started literally becoming abusive, disrespectful intimidatory within a very short space of time).

Or the Milgram experiments where subjects were tested on their personal conscience, under the authority of psychologists who pretended to be "scientists" where given instructions to 'electrocute' other subjects? (where most people did exactly what the 'scientists' told them, even though some were 'screaming' - although it was fake, in 'pain'?).

What some social psychologists deduced from these experiments, was that people were capable of doing anything, regardless of the consequences, given the circumstance (especially given permission by authority).

I dare say, Fi might allow someone to move through these morality tests. When I grew up I never needed to be told how to behave; I was aware of all the consequences of my actions, even as a young child. As a very small child, I knew what hurt other people psychologically, emotionally, physically etc, and I decided the negative consequences that come from moving against people, outweigh the positives in most situations. It's like the opposite of game theory. It's able to see the holes in game theory instantly, that John Nash is only seeing/admitting now.

I think all functions operate on a brilliant balance continuum. I think Fi brings something important to an arguably Te oriented world. But that said, I can see how many people see it as irrelevant or a bother. It sometimes deals with things that most people don't deal with. But without Fi, the world would probably lose a lot of psychologists and counselors. It may lose the people in science who communicate well to the mass public. It may lose a lot of activists, campaigners, lawyers. A lot of people who others would term, 'unsuccessful' and 'bums'; but they probably don't care because they define 'success' in different terms. They define success as 'integrity' to their own self. It balances out Te, and i've seen a few Fi-dom teachers, show Te-dom students a way of life that gives them a sense of liberation.

A lot of people say Fi just leads to misery, hopelessness etc. No, that comes from how a person thinks. Fi as a pure cognitive function, gives worth, meaning, depth of subjective knowledge, values things in subjective terms. The world could do without it sure, but it would take away the colour and depth of experience for many people. What are we all alive for? just to procreate and make money? what is living really about? what society tells you is being a successful human? (remember, how the world is, doesn't make it 'good').

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah... I pointed out that it was off topic on page 9, but that was ignored, because calling Sensors stupid is MUCH more fun than dredging Antisocial One's old thread on wiping people out (hint hint... if you insist on starting a thread there already is one)

and looking at something differently doesn't mean looking at it wrongly... the concerns were quite global and widespread... they just weren't what you wanted to hear, and therefore you deemed them shallow and narrowly focused

now go listen to Zarathusa's good advice

And a world without Fi would be a lot less of a field of landmines for me... my understanding of that damned function on a personal level is fairly terrible
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I think that's partly the problem. People who aren't Fi-users..hell even Fi-users themselves are too mystified to appreciate Fi for what it is.

Sad really.

It's taken for granted, and shunned when it *does* get noticed as then it's emo :horor:
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

lol yeah Fi is confusing. also... i dunno about you guys... but for me, i give way too much weight to what other people think. bad habit, but if people keep telling me i'm illogical and very sensitive, i start wondering if i am really stupid and emo

which makes me sound stupid and emo.

vicious cycle

on the bright side, typology helps me reason why i am not stupid and emo, just illogical and very sensitive. aka Fi.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

lol yeah Fi is confusing. also... i dunno about you guys... but for me, i give way too much weight to what other people think. bad habit, but if people keep telling me i'm illogical and very sensitive, i start wondering if i am really stupid and emo

which makes me sound stupid and emo.

vicious cycle
    Sometimes, even tertiary Fi users can answer your Fi questions.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

on that note, I usually find it easier to describe my less dominant functions than my dominant ones because the dominant ones are the ones that I don't put any thought into using
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

You're not the typical INTJ in that regard
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I think that's partly the problem. People who aren't Fi-users..hell even Fi-users themselves are too mystified to appreciate Fi for what it is.

Sad really.

It's taken for granted, and shunned when it *does* get noticed as then it's emo :horor:
    For you, Fi is your auxiliary function which makes it feel pretty natural since it's well developed. Same as Ni feels for me.

By the time Fi hits the inferior level, it becomes an achilles tendon, especially if your leading functions are ordered as Te/Ni/Se. These three cognitive functions are logical and rational. Fi is not when it's not been well developed and is an unfamiliar decision maker since it feels really needy and overboard, very much a cognitive dissonance. Te/Ni/Se fight it, as a decision-making function. Kind of like:

Te/Ni/Se: That makes no logical or rational sense. Take a look at the world around you and look to future consequences so you understand the impact of your attitude.
    Fi: But it feels right.
    Te/Ni/Se: WTF does that mean and what's the significance of it?

Of course we can try to develop it and many try to do so, including myself. But it's constant effort and no amount of effort has made it feel natural for me. Maybe in a couple of decades, it will be modified to feel more natural or at the very least, not unnatural.