User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

It's good for looking inward and finding out what means the most to me. It's good for following my heart and doing what I feel is right and true. When I say that I want to speak out for human rights and life and against war and weapons of mass destruction, I feel that I am using my Fi. Even if no one agrees with me, I will still persevere because I am expressing what is in my heart.
    I don't feel as if I am lost at sea. I'm never lost. Somewhere out there is a shore and seashells and sand and someone who will understand what I have just said here...

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I must be Fe, because my ship will sail if it has to. I'm not sure what a dormant, lost at sea, individualistic Fi is good for.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Bah, I misread the metaphor (details, details...), and deleted that.

What you say is how I've wanted to see Fi as well, Tourist.

Anyways, I'm getting tired of all of this "unempathetic" stuff too. It's making me confused.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I've decided my metaphor kind of sucks, a rudder is still a tool for getting things done, which isn't really Fi, no Fi is more like a magnificent ship with a nihilistic captain and crew, everyone trying to fulfill their duties to everyone else but ultimately just drifting aimlessly.
    Suggestion:

Fi's the ocean the ship is surrounded by and uses to get somewhere, to journey, to find its way...or get completely lost in the shit storm up ahead

I'd say Te is the rudder
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Oh KDude, I think that we are empathetic, just like people with Fe. It just comes from a different place. And, because our feeling function is introverted, it can sometimes be hard to put that empathy into words.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Bah, I misread the metaphor (details, details...), and deleted that.

What you say is how I've wanted to see Fi as well, Tourist.

Anyways, I'm getting tired of all of this "unempathetic" stuff too. It's making me confused.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Oh no. Then I am rudderless! Te is probably my weakest function!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Suggestion:

Fi's the ocean the ship is surrounded by and uses to get somewhere, to journey, to find its way...or get completely lost in the shit storm up ahead

I'd say Te is the rudder

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Strong Te and Ni but weak Fi = knowing how to get there but not knowing where you want to go.

Strong Fi and Se but weak Te = knowing where you want to go but not how to get there.

Maybe.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Sweetheart, you wouldn't be half as adorable and datable without Fi...
    As my inferior function, it's more of a pain than it's worth!

Fi is like the gummy bear that gets stuck in the cogs of machinery, causing production to crash to a halt. When a mechanic finally pulls out the mutilated gummy bear, it just reforms and dives back into the cogs again. It's a dumb, sappy little suicidal maniac. :steam:

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    As my inferior function, it's more of a pain than it's worth!

Fi is like the gummy bear that gets stuck in the cogs of machinery, causing production to crash to a halt. When a mechanic finally pulls out the mutilated gummy bear, it just reforms and dives back into the cogs again. It's a dumb, sappy little suicidal maniac. :steam:
    So you're saying you have heart?

(barely)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    guys guys Fi is so MISUNDERSTOOD

though seriously sometimes i read non-Fi-dom/aux descriptions of Fi and am like wtf

don't get too hung up on on that black-and-white thing that some profiles like to talk about... or just reducing Fi to emotion... maybe that's how it plays out as a tert/inf or shadow function but it's more nuanced in a dom/aux than that
    Oh I know....the only people who grasp Fi seem to be those who use it well, usually with it as the dom or aux function. I have a feeling those who have inferior Fi or Fi in shadow have such a low view of it because their own use is so limited and shabby. That or, you know, IFPs are just MISUNDERSTOOD
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

That sounds about right to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Strong Te and Ni but weak Fi = knowing how to get there but not knowing where you want to go.

Strong Fi and Se but weak Te = knowing where you want to go but not how to get there.

Maybe.