• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Instinctive types

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Which are generally speaking the most instinctive types in MBTI, or perceived as instinctive?
And the least?
Which functions are involved or uninvolved?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which are generally speaking the most instinctive types in MBTI, or perceived as instinctive?
And the least?
Which functions are involved or uninvolved?

what do you mean by instinctive???

Like they do whatever they do naturally without needing much thought?

---> extraverted sensors, ESXPs in particular.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
what do you mean by instinctive???

Like they do whatever they do naturally without needing much thought?

---> extraverted sensors, ESXPs in particular.

Yes, I suppose that definition.
I am curious because talking with my uncle about his son, the paediatrician said he is an intelligent but very instinctive child.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Instinct just means to respond to things without having to ponder first -- you have an immediate awareness of how you feel about them and what you stand to lose or gain by them. I would call my ESFP kid pretty instinctive and he just responds to things in the moment. My introverted kids need to keep themselves detached and evaluate their own feelings and responses before feeling comfortable committing to them.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I suppose that definition.
I am curious because talking with my uncle about his son, the paediatrician said he is an intelligent but very instinctive child.

Oh, and you're trying to work out his type from that?? Odd, Victor just posted something about that his words must be getting to me. When this uncle says intelligent and instinctive, he is probably refering to one time where his child did something that could be described as such, children might often seem instinctive because they are, and intelligent because we have low expectations of them, lol.

My family and I just went on a holiday. What started as a brief spot of fishing, turned into a rock throwing contest. I failed miserably, for some reason, the way I instinctively throw rocks is off beat. My younger brother, who is about 6 years younger than me, could throw an extra 20 meters ontop of my throw. He is an ESFP, he's also taken the test just so you know. He has always been good at physical feats and skills, it just seems natural to him, he 'just does it' and it just works. I have to think about it, for example, I thought: throw it at 45 degrees, that way it will go furthest, then checked what he did, and guess what? His throw was almost exactly right, but he never thought about it, he just did it. It is odd how well he fits the stereotype.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Instinct just means to respond to things without having to ponder first -- you have an immediate awareness of how you feel about them and what you stand to lose or gain by them. I would call my ESFP kid pretty instinctive and he just responds to things in the moment. My introverted kids need to keep themselves detached and evaluate their own feelings and responses before feeling comfortable committing to them.

It seems introverted people are less instinctive and more reflecting than extraverted. Could be true... Also J/P are important I think, and F/T, S/N not too much.
Maybe it could be, from most instinctive to low:
EP high
EJ-IP medium
IJ low

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Oh, and you're trying to work out his type from that?? Odd, Victor just posted something about that his words must be getting to me. When this uncle says intelligent and instinctive, he is probably refering to one time where his child did something that could be described as such, children might often seem instinctive because they are, and intelligent because we have low expectations of them, lol.

Interesting anectode King.
I don't think to type a child by those two words, but I'm although curious.
BTW, It's the paediatrician who said to my uncle that the child is intelligent but very instictive. A medical doctor who see thousand children in his career I think can valuate some sort of personality.

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
I'll place my bet on Extraverted Perceivers.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i would say instinct is one of my biggest driving forces. i love to let my instinct lead, as much as possible.

i can see it being natural for EP types or SP types. but when i think about it, it seems like anyone could apply instinct to their own life in their own way.
maybe instinct is just more obvious in EP types - an instinct that is working in plain sight, instead of behind the scenes.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hahaha. i feel intuitive sometimes. i can fix pretty much any kind of electronics without knowing shit about them. people ask me how and i have no fucking clue.

i suspect that ExxP in general just likes to dive in and figure it out as we go. but i don't think i'd ever describe myself as instinctive. that has an earthy quality i'd be quicker to assign to SP types.

regardless, i suspect the doctor was using a euphemism... lol...

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Thanks for all your thought!

regardless, i suspect the doctor was using a euphemism... lol...

:yes:Possibile! LOL!
The doctor also said the child has a liveliness higher than normal!
He sleeps only few hours and he goes in tricycle all the night. Poor parents, they get crazy! Maybe he has adhd!
thanks.