• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI... in 4D!

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP

Behold! The MBTI tesseract! While bringing nothing new in terms of typology, this is an excellent way to visualize the interplay between types!

All 16 types reside on 1 4cube.

There is 1 4cube.
Each 4cube contains 16 vertices (types).
Each vertex straddles 1 4cube.

Within the 4cube each letter is a 3cube (some, of course, distorted because of the projection from 4D onto 3D... onto 2D). There are (surprise!) 8 3cubes.

There are 8 3cubes.
Each 3cube contains 8 vertices.
Each vertex straddles 4 3cubes.

The boundaries between two cubes form a 4-vertex 2square. There are
24 2squares. Four of these represent the traditional temperaments, NT, NF, SJ, SP. However, each possible combination of two letters is a square, and it's a given that each face is a set of shared properties. Other common faces I've seen referred to were IP, IN, NP, and so on.

There are 24 2squares.
Each square contains 4 vertices.
Each vertex straddles 6 2squares.

Finally comes perhaps the least important layer of distinction, the 1line. there are 32 1lines. On each 1line are two types sharing three letters. In terms of the functions the vast majority of 1lines will have little significant in common aside from a three-letter similarity.

There are 32 1lines.
Each 1line contains 2 vertices.
Each vertex straddles 4 1lines.

I'm sure I could babble on more about this and I was intending to place this whole thing in Cartesian 4-space and play around with that but I'm lazy. Additionally, I was planning on making clearer diagrams as well as seeing how the functions work under various transformations but it's a lot easier to just say "I was going to do it" than to do it.

Enjoy.

P.S. I probably will add more later.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Copycat!:D
mbti.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait... how's this work? So I roll it on the table after blowing on it, and then ....?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait... how's this work? So I roll it on the table after blowing on it, and then ....?
If you roll it, you see this:

200px-8-cell-simple.gif

You can roll anything from 1-8 (instead of just 6), providing you have the additional dimension of space.

Manis

MBTI Type
INFP
Awesome! Was hoping someone would do something like this. Good work.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
HYPERCUBE

well done :D

i'm especially impressed that now that you've done this i understand the hypercube better. i was having trouble with the z axis

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I don't like such visualisation, they confuse me more than they help often :/ Still I appreciate the effort the responsible person gave into it I guess.

Chloe

I decided to give it a try, too..

with my limited MBTI knowledge..

here if someone's interested..
its my " flower model"
i'm still learning... tho

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP
I was of the impression that after R3 they simply began using x1, x2, x3 and so on for the dimensions.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
z is depth :p. According to the mighty wikipedia, w is used for the 4th dimensional axis and length measured along that axis is apparently called 'spissitude' (my new favourite word :D).

Fourth dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh lol you're right, i meant the 4th one

spissitude?

:rofl1:

i've gotta incorporate that one into conversation soon.

i like the ana (up towards) and kata (down from) distinctions.