• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI is not Typology.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's a Conspiracy!!

G

Ginkgo

This is Typology Central, so what is typology?

Typology is -

1. a classification according to general type, especially in archaeology, psychology, or the social sciences : a typology of Saxon cremation vessels.

2. study or analysis using such classification.

3. the study and interpretation of types and symbols, originally especially in the Bible.

'Typology' originated in the mid 19th century : from Greek tupos ‘type’ + -logy.

Notice there is no mention whatsoever of MBTI, none whatsoever.

Of course we could speak of psychological typology, but it is sheer nonsense to speak of MBTI as typology.

It would do you some good to learn linear language.

You're trying to invalidate the position that MBTI is typology by saying that Typology is not MBTI.

It's like saying that a baboon is not a mammal because not all mammals are baboons.

English, do you speak it?

Mole

Permabanned
It would do you some good to learn linear language.

You're trying to invalidate the position that MBTI is typology by saying that Typology is not MBTI.

It's like saying that a baboon is not a mammal because not all mammals are baboons.

English, do you speak it?

I speak Strine, mate.

And sometimes, as you have noticed, Strine speaks me.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
This is Typology Central, so what is typology?

Typology is -

1. a classification according to general type, especially in archaeology, psychology, or the social sciences : a typology of Saxon cremation vessels.

2. study or analysis using such classification.

3. the study and interpretation of types and symbols, originally especially in the Bible.

'Typology' originated in the mid 19th century : from Greek tupos ‘type’ + -logy.

Notice there is no mention whatsoever of MBTI, none whatsoever.

Of course we could speak of psychological typology, but it is sheer nonsense to speak of MBTI as typology.

What about MBTI as psychological typology?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Still, I can't figure out how typology has benefited me, low these many months.