User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does your type attract or repel you?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attract

22 46.81%
  • Repel

6 12.77%
  • Neither

19 40.43%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Question Do Identical Types Attract or Repel You?

Do you tend to like your own type? Or do you tend to stay away from your type?

Glycerine

I have had crushes on almost every EXFJ male I've gotten to know (one of them was A LOT older than me). It's quite embarrassing. I hope that doesn't make me look like a narcissist.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

In some sick wierd way, I have an odd fetish like attraction towards female ISTJs. But it's not as strong as the attraction I have towards INTJs.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

it greatly depends on how mature the INTP in question is, but I think that sort of applies to all types

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

neither, but i usually have strong reactions to them. either love or they get on my nerves. sometimes both.

MBTI
    INtP

I like most mature, thoughtful INTP's well enough, but I wouldn't say that I tend to be either particularly attracted to or repelled by them in general. But I suspect that most people of any type would say that INTP's (and INFP's) tend to sort of blend in rather than inspire either attraction or repellation (is that a word? I'm thinking no). With the exception of the ever-unpopular immature INTP, it takes a while for us to register on folks .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

You don't want to mix two INFPs and alcohol... The resulting looniness is a serious threat to society. (I've met only one other INFP, though)

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I usually enjoy the company of fellow INTPs, we have alot in common, are more likely to share similar interests which makes conversation easier. It can be awkward though if the other person is too similar to me. Then its almost like watching a video of myself in all its embarrasing awkwardness.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Generally repelled. But it depends on the individual and, as someone said above, how mature they are. I haven't met that many, but I have had complex feelings about them, a love/hate, attraction/annoyance sort of thing.
    Last edited by sui generis; 08-14-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: add moar
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    I usually enjoy the company of fellow INTPs, we have a lot in common, are more likely to share similar interests which makes conversation easier. It can be awkward, though, if the other person is too similar to me. Then it's almost like watching a video of myself in all its embarrasing awkwardness.
    The reason other INTPs sometimes annoy me is that they almost always have a pedantic urge to correct every insignificant error I make. Effective communication can become onerous if a single typographical or grammatical error can derail any argument and make you a target for personal attack.