User Tag List

Thread: Quick Question

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default Quick Question

Everybody is all up in everybody else's business about the supposed insurmountable obstacles people who use TiFe and people who use FiTe face in communicating. Are there any such problems for NiSe people and NeSi people, and if so can Sim write up an essay on it so we can all argue some more? Thanks.

garbage

Here's bologna's long-winded essay:

Where effective communication is actually a priority goal, "insurmountable obstacles in communication due to function preferences" is just code for "not trying hard enough."

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Here's bologna's long-winded essay:

Where effective communication is actually a priority goal, "insurmountable obstacles in communication due to function preferences" is just code for "not trying hard enough."
    Excellent, I think you've about summed it up.

I'll add that perhaps the unconscious perpetuation of passive-aggressive resistance to adequate performance in the sphere of interpersonal communication is likely to be the REAL priority goal though. Those who actually want to improve their communication badly enough are more likely to be looking for ways they can improve it rather than looking for explanations for why they can't. Sometimes the real obstacle boils down to not having established firm enough personal boundaries to always feel confident in saying "no" to people when it's appropriate, making a system of passive-aggressive avoidance necessary to avoid being overwhelmed by the constant needs of others.

Funny, incidentally, how I can use Fi Ti, and communicate well enough for most purposes. And if I can't, I try to do something about it.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Excellent, I think you've about summed it up.

I'll add that perhaps the unconscious perpetuation of passive-aggressive resistance to adequate performance in the sphere of interpersonal communication is likely to be the REAL priority goal though. Those who actually want to improve their communication badly enough are more likely to be looking for ways they can improve it rather than looking for explanations for why they can't. Sometimes the real obstacle boils down to not having established firm enough personal boundaries to always feel confident in saying "no" to people when it's appropriate, making a system of passive-aggressive avoidance necessary to avoid being overwhelmed by the constant needs of others.

Funny, incidentally, how I can use Fi Ti, and communicate well enough for most purposes. And if I can't, I try to do something about it.
    Less with the gracious statements of acceptance, more with the arguing, please.