veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I don't like Rick Reilly because he's a douche.
    Truth.

Also, I don't even like Michael Jordan and I thought his speech was awesome. Screw the whiney, pissant media hacks.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Fe: The main function no one appreciates until it's not being used.

... you'd be surprised at how much good Fe has been benefiting you, once it's been taken away.
    Fake social cohesion is over-rated...

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Welp, this is one of those cases where it's insanely useful to separate what the function actually means from its potential results, because functions can manifest themselves in a wide variety of ways.
    THAT is true.

ESTPs have Fe, but they tend to limit their collectivism and motivating attitude to those close, I think. I wouldn't knock it. And the thing is, people (outsiders, I mean) complain about ESTP athletes as well. "Too much".. "too loud".. blah blah.. but I think some of what they're turned off by is Fe in this case. And you could hardly accuse someone like Ray Lewis of not being individualistic.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd3sNvKC_jU].[/youtube]

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    ESTPs have Fe, but they tend to limit their collectivism and motivating attitude to those close, I think. I wouldn't knock it. And the thing is, people (outsiders, I mean) complain about ESTP athletes as well. "Too much".. "too loud".. blah blah.. but I think some of what they're turned off by is Fe in this case. And you could hardly accuse someone like Ray Lewis of not being individualistic.
    Many athletes = ESTP =/= all athletes = ESTP.

I'm pretty sure Ray Lewis is an ESFP.

Now A-Rod: there's your classic ESTP athlete.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    FWIW, I suspect Reilly is NFJ and Simmons ESFP (pulled those out of my ass after thinking about it for a grand total of approximately 15 seconds).
    Bill Simmons as an ESFP might be the worst typing I've ever seen...

He is about the most obvious ENTP I can think of:

- constantly making brilliant, accurate, and insightful connections between athletes/aspects of one sport and another, and one sports era and another (Ne).
    - constantly making extremely long-winded, extremely entertaining articles which are obviously based on his own subjective, internal logic (Ti).
    - very congenial (and somewhat fake): he's notorious for tearing certain athletes and coaches apart (and accurately, most of the time), but, if he ever actually meets them face-to-face, he (admittedly) throws it all out the window and totally sucks up to them (Fe).
    - he's always reminiscing about the past, and significant moments in his sports-watching life, and has a phenomenal memory about these events and statistics (Si).

He's literally the most blatant ENTP I can think of.

And a rather highly developed one at that.

Also, I believe Rick Reilly is subconsciously racist, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that his perception of the speech was influenced by that.

Damn, throwing the race card just like that?

But I guess it makes sense, considering some of his fellow xNFJs... ().

That said, where you perceive Fe users to be insincere, to me many Fi users come off as not just rude, but downright mean. They sometimes knowingly and gratuitously hurt people's feelings for no reason other than candor, and often seem deeply self-centered.
    Yeah, I can agree with this.

But why should I care how you feel?

I know many Fi users, both online and IRL, who do not give those impressions, but to me, the "sins" of Fe pale in comparison to the ugliest aspects of Fi.
    *ahem* *cough cough*

Ray Lewis an ESFP.. Maybe.. That's pretty interesting though.. usually I think of ESFP athletes to be like Magic, Lebron (kind of upbeat, less edgy, more warmth to those guys). I started thinking recently that Ali was ESFP though (seemed to be more Te), and he isn't all that different than Lewis in attitude.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Ray Lewis an ESFP.. Maybe.. That's pretty interesting though.. usually I think of ESFP athletes to be like Magic, Lebron (kind of upbeat, less edgy, more warmth to those guys). I started thinking recently that Ali was ESFP though (seemed to be more Te), and he isn't all that different than Lewis in attitude.
    I would think the edgier, more self-oriented athletes would be those with Fi...

Jordan, Kobe, Bode Miller would all be good examples.

Those who are more smooth, congenial and fan-friendly (and more vacuous) would more likely be the Fe-users...

Lebron, Beckham, A-Rod.

I don't see how Lebron's decision to "go with the group" in Miami could be seen as an Fi over Fe decision...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-FjTk4KZBc&feature=related"]Fi vs. Fe (skip to 2:00)[/YOUTUBE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic, and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team... In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."
    Even LeBron's chalk-throwing thing at the beginning of games is always a group-oriented event...

Barkley, on the other hand, would probably be another good example of an Fi-user athlete (probably an ESFP):

Quote Originally Posted by Barkley
    "He'll never be Jordan. This clearly takes him out of the conversation. He can win as much as he wants to. There would have been something honorable about staying in Cleveland and trying to win it as 'The Man' ... LeBron, if he would've in Cleveland, and if he could've got a championship there, it would have been over the top for his legacy, just one in Cleveland. No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade's team."
    Magic is an interesting question... I've always been a huge fan, but not quite sure what his type would be...

He could be an Fe-user (he's so fucking congenial), or he could be an ESFP.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I've gone out of my way in multiple threads to argue that Kobe was Fi, so it's nice I don't need to now. Heh. I agree though. On the other hand, I think some less edgier types still may be Fi too. Magic, like I said. Penny Hardaway another (he kind of reminds of Magic).
    I am almost positive that Kobe is an ISTJ.

Derek Fisher (my favorite player) too.

I'm not sure about Jordan -- all I know is that he's an Fi-user.

Bird seems like a definite Fi-user as well.

The reason why I could see Magic being an Fi-user is basically because of his dual with Bird:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic
    "We didn’t think about it ’cause that’s not what we were about. From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird.”

bah, i deleted that post.. figured it was superfluous

I've seen some say ISTJ.. perhaps that's right. I actually thought ISFP, but it's no denying that his Te is more noticable than a typical ISFP's inferior Te. Sometimes when he speaks though, he sounds like an SP.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMFjg7Hdsys]/[/youtube]

garbage

Also: Gahndi and Jesus

but they weren't basketball players