User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Just to clarify - the person answering the phone wakes you up to talk to someone who called. You're sleeping.

It's a trivial example, but I think some Fe users might do this kind of thing a lot. In and of itself, none of this seems so bad but when it happens 100 times, it's disappointing.

They tell a white lie to make someone feel better (especially those they are not close to). They go out of their way to make others comfortable. They're always doing things for others. Yet, there is this subtle criticism of those who are close to them because they are not in some way as they ought to be.

It doesn't as much seem like selfishness as misplaced priorities.

There are a lot of wonderful things about Fe, don't get me wrong, but there is a dark side to it.
    I know... I wasn't offended in the slightest. I was giving you a hard time. I would actually want to personally whack the person on the noggin if they did that to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Apologies for the back-on-topic derail...

I didn't watch the videos (25 min!), but I do recall that Rick Reilly was far from the only one appalled by Jordan's speech. FWIW, I suspect Reilly is NFJ and Simmons ESFP (pulled those out of my ass after thinking about it for a grand total of approximately 15 seconds). Also, I believe Rick Reilly is subconsciously racist, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that his perception of the speech was influenced by that.

That said, where you perceive Fe users to be insincere, to me many Fi users come off as not just rude, but downright mean. They sometimes knowingly and gratuitously hurt people's feelings for no reason other than candor, and often seem deeply self-centered. I know many Fi users, both online and IRL, who do not give those impressions, but to me, the "sins" of Fe pale in comparison to the ugliest aspects of Fi.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    Apologies for the back-on-topic derail...

I didn't watch the videos (25 min!), but I do recall that Rick Reilly was far from the only one appalled by Jordan's speech. FWIW, I suspect Reilly is NFJ and Simmons ESFP (pulled those out of my ass after thinking about it for a grand total of approximately 15 seconds). Also, I believe Rick Reilly is subconsciously racist, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that his perception of the speech was influenced by that.

That said, where you perceive Fe users to be insincere, to me many Fi users come off as not just rude, but downright mean. They sometimes knowingly and gratuitously hurt people's feelings for no reason other than candor, and often seem deeply self-centered. I know many Fi users, both online and IRL, who do not give those impressions, but to me, the "sins" of Fe pale in comparison to the ugliest aspects of Fi.
    Shit... you might have inadvertently started another battle between Fe and Fi users.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    It may very well be but I don't think it is the topic of the thread - to compare the two.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Yeah. It's bullshit selfishness when people do that sort of thing because it makes them feel good. They believe that they're being courteous and nice to you and 'why are you so ungrateful you should be more grateful that I called'

If you truly care about someone, and if you're really trying to do something for them, how about looking at what they actually need or want?
    I need to start checking more people for a pulse.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Shit... you might have inadvertently started another battle between Fe and Fi users.
    I wonder which one will prevail...

DOWN WITH Fi!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

That is the thread is about Fe not FI.

Unless I am mistaken.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Fe: The main function no one appreciates until it's not being used.

... you'd be surprised at how much good Fe has been benefiting you, once it's been taken away.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

... you'd be surprised at how much good Fe has been benefiting you, once it's been taken away.
    Welp, this is one of those cases where it's insanely useful to separate what the function actually means from its potential results, because functions can manifest themselves in a wide variety of ways.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

THAT is true.

Tri-type 639