User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 127

  1. #11
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Ever notice that people can find offense in or have a criticism about the statement "the sky is blue" if they dislike the person who said it?

    Ever notice that someone you don't like is rarely funny?

    You can generally apply the above two statements to all 16 mbti types, Fe or not.

  2. #12
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I like Fe users and would like t o use Fe more effectively so I can love the Fe users even more in my life. Yeah, i dont know anything about basketball..but the below was of interest


    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    So in INTJs...they are NiTe..FiSe.

    I have noticed the older ones take a distinct, very individual weird turn. They get kinda emo. They seem to begin to appreciate love and harmony and see the big picture a lot more. They become highly compassionate..even if they dont say much, they feel it .but the younger ones without such well developed Fi arent like this...so yeah I dunno...
    I would be wary of making the assumption that all mature Fi resembles compassion...

    That's akin to saying that one must value compassion above other values in order to be mature, which is not necessarily the case.

    Note: that is also not to say that those who value other values over compassion are not compassionate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    What does it mean for Fi to turn inwards upon itself exactly? What does misbehaving Fi look like? (In me, it is emo vomiting or expression of moral judgments in inappropriate situations or that dont really fit the situation properly) Really trying to understand negative Fi...
    I think negative Fi is seen in thinking that one's own subjective Fi judgments are actually objective and universal judgments.

  3. #13
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Ever notice that people can find offense in or have a criticism about the statement "the sky is blue" if they dislike the person who said it?

    Ever notice that someone you don't like is rarely funny?

    You can generally apply the above two statements to all 16 mbti types, Fe or not.
    Point taken.

    I just think there's a clear division between these two people (Rick Reilly as Fe-user, Michael Jordan as Fi-user), and that Mr. Reilly is making a clear display of Fe vs. Fi in his article.

  4. #14
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Note: that is also not to say that those who value other values over compassion are not compassionate.

    I think negative Fi is seen in thinking that one's own subjective Fi judgments are actually objective and universal judgments.
    Are you, like, Te-ing up layers of Fi values? hehehe, I have a headache, but for some reason that is quite funny. Yup, as I said highly individual, given Fi of course.

    Well, I see IXTJs get real damned whiny when stuff doesnt go their way, which seems like the bad side of Fi...I mean I still love em of course, but yeah, whiny...Bless their hearts.

    I get this funny feeling that bad Fi in you guys might look more like bad Fi in an ISFP.....but I dont know what that is really. Just like bad Fi in an ESTJ might look a bit like a tyrannical ENFP....sending them off on crusades for injustice...well meant but a little off kilter...I did see this once. But my heart was very sad for the ESTJ as it was a cause very, very close to her heart.

    I need ibuprofin...something about basketball....

  5. #15
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I get this funny feeling that bad Fi in you guys might look more like bad Fi in an ISFP.....but I dont know what that is really. Just like bad Fi in an ESTJ might look a bit like a tyrannical ENFP....sending them off on crusades for injustice...well meant but a little off kilter...I did see this once. But my heart was very sad for the ESTJ as it was a cause very, very close to her
    heart.
    My spidey-sense is telling me this could be a trick...



    Aren't you just pointing to the INTJ-ISFP shared Ni/Fi loop, and the ESTJ-ENFP shared Si/Fi loop?

  6. #16
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    My spidey-sense is telling me this could be a trick...



    Aren't you just pointing to the INTJ-ISFP shared Ni/Fi loop, and the ESTJ-ENFP shared Si/Fi loop?
    Silly INTJ have you not noticed enfps just blather off whatever is in our brains at that very second?

    (However that line of text translates to "My NeTe says I see a connection, but has had no testing whatsoever so take this with a grain of salt, but it is too fun to keep to myself")

    I would say it is Ni-Fi-Se and Si-Fi-Ne. I understand how my perceiving functions work and can extrapolate to ESTJs sorta...you guys, I still dont understand at all...either ISFPs or INTJs. But KDude sounds like a wise old INTJ who has moved past book knowledge and onto love of the Se things in a very holistic sense...thus I suspect there is a link...

  7. #17
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    But KDude sounds like a wise old INTJ who has moved past book knowledge and onto love of the Se things in a very holistic sense...thus I suspect there is a link...

  8. #18
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    What does it mean for Fi to turn inwards upon itself exactly? What does misbehaving Fi look like? (In me, it is emo vomiting or expression of moral judgments in inappropriate situations or that dont really fit the situation properly) Really trying to understand negative Fi...
    I think it'd be pretty rare, but it could be worse than merely emo. "Turned inwards", to me, would mean unapologetic conviction mixed with someone who only has shortsighted values/interests. It would also probably only manifest like that in someone who had the worst kind of experiences that shaped their Fi over time. I think the term "values" is so abstract that we should not necessarily say they would be vomiting out moral judgements. They might be vomiting out something, but it'd be their own personal morality.. which is basically no morality at all.

    This is the most hilarious typing I've ever seen. It pissed me off when I first read it, but I started thinking later that there might be something to it: Nero Caesar was an ISFP. Who would have thought the role model for all impulsive antichrists was an ISFP

  9. #19
    Senior Member Stevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Well I don't like you Te-ers either, getting your "Objectivity" and "Empiricism" all up in my subjective internal logic. So there.

  10. #20
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I need to say that that link above is still hard to swallow. Plus, they only have two ISFPs there. Doesn't look like much thought was put into it. I smell a rat. A biased NT one, I might add.

    I think a "treacherous" ISFP would mostly be some dude who couldn't keep it in his pants or something.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2016, 02:34 AM
  2. [NF] Looking for participants! And my type!
    By Sercan in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2016, 02:41 AM
  3. [NF] INFJ/P Confronting my depression for the first time and trying to reach out for help
    By fkdup in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 03:15 AM
  4. Applying to intern for Congressmen and my move to WASHINGTON DC!!!!!111!1one
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO