User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    Why? Because I've willingly made changes to my personality from INFP to INFJ to ENTP, now closer to ENTJ, simply so I can succeed in different areas in life more efficiently.
    EVERY INFP THINKS THEY ARE UNTYPEABLE!

That's part of MBTI!
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    EVERY INFP THINKS THEY ARE UNTYPEABLE!

That's part of MBTI!
    Then more than half the world is an INFP because most don't even believe in this. I know you're joking though, I'm just purposefully being serious.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    I think looking at function usage and orientation is ultimately more useful, particularly if you don't fit any particular archetype that closely. Being able to "act like another type", although I suspect this equates more to acting like the stereotype of another type (though this obviously depends on your level of understanding) may indicate a greater degree of functional maturity and mental flexibility.
    I'll call it my "technique." My technique involves not reading a book or website about the "type" I want to transform into, but finding weak spots in areas in life I consider important, enough so to change the way I behave. For instance, while behaving as an ENTP, my attention span lowered dramatically, and I had a difficult time getting work done. I decided to think in terms of Te. I began thinking Ti, only in an external instance as well as thinking in schemes instead of singular possibilities. Did it work? Yes. Last night I made very good friends with an ESFJ acquaintance I'd always weirded out with my "ENTP-ness." Maybe it was coincidence, but this happened as well when started my ENTP phase: I began becoming very close friends with ISFPs I'd known for a long time but never held a meaningful conversation with.

Ultimately however, most people who want to fit the archetype (or stereotype) associated with the type they test as are going to end up doing so, and most who don't, won't, precisely because the enhanced awareness that learning about the types and functions gives you, opens up new options for modifying your habituated patterns of thought and behaviour. You can choose to make use of that knowledge to change who you are or you can use it to reinforce who you are. Same process, aimed at defining your self-perception, except that one may lead to you getting a different result in future and the other will lead to you getting the same.
    Spot on.

I don't think it's very useful as a predictive or deterministic system to tell you how you ought to be, which is what a lot of people unfortunately choose to take it as being. It's quite good for describing how you are at the moment, if understood correctly. Also, obviously, any self-assessment test, once you know the rationale on which it operates, can be manipulated to give the result you want to achieve. Nothing surprising about that. The more interesting question I would want you to ask yourself is why you would feel the need to do so, and what you get out of it?
    Again, Gospel.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

take it from a pro. mbti is full of "it" but if you look beneath the surface and find jungian typology you'll be in good shape. jung was empty of it.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Then more than half the world is an INFP because most don't even believe in this.
    Um, no. The statements "Every INFP thinks that they are untypeable" and "Every person who thinks they are untypeable is INFP" are not congruent and never will be.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    New topic:

Have you tested for your Enneagram type?

I'm 7w8 sx/so.

Here's a decent quick test for your ring:

Free Enneagram Personality Test
    8w9 sx/so/sp

Previous Enneagram results:

4w5 sx/so/sp
    5w4 sx/so/sp
    3w4 sx/so/sp
    7w6 sx/so/sp
    7w8 sx/so/sp
    9w8 sx/so/sp

My sexual variant has always been consistent, which I find fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    The final tests of pass or fail, will be how you react when under severe stress or handling trauma that impacts on your inferior or shadow functions.
    And I await eagerly for this moment; I don't like stress, but I do expect it and would be utterly disappointed if it never came again in my life.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

congrats, nobody that has any idea wtf he's talking about actually uses MBTI; they all use Jungian typology
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    The test is self-fulfilling, and I think it's easy to manipulate it to make it say what you want it to say. I think a test isn't good enough, and that objective analysis of one's life, current relationship with family and friends, behavior, etc. needs to take place for a legitimate assessment of what someone's preferred "type" happens to be.
    I am with you on the things you've said. I had this lately in another thread and I concluded that mbti is a piece of the great puzzle that is life. It brought me valueable new ideas about personality and I dont want to miss them.

Mbti has one certain attribute, it attracts both tribe people and loners, this is what makes it success. The thing is, tribe people will always join any groups in their lives, so you cant really expect from them that they will start to think now with mbti for the first time.

Loners tho can find said valueable information and get help on their quest of self. If they tho wont stay sceptic about mbti, like about everything else, it wouldnt really help them.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

The problem with MBTI and all the personality inventories is that even if they accurately describe your personality you have to index that personality with a date and time. John Doe (Aug 12 2010 5:00 PM) has generated a profile that Myers-Briggs (1961 or whenever) determined to be similar to ENTP.

These tests are no more than cold reading.

For instance: Which describes you best? a. You are the life of the party. OR b. You keep in the background.

If you answer You are the life of the party. Lo and behold your profile says: You are the type that tends to be the life of the party. Oh WOW! How did they know that?

This is why I use somatotypes. It is objective and can't change. It tells your personality in its genotype - unadapted state. A lot of you ridicule somatotype because you think it identifies you as a type you don't prefer. The type you prefer is your current type that has been conditioned by all sorts of intrusions into your true self. Naturally, at this point you fail to recognize your true self. The purpose of therapy is to restore your true core personality. Somatotype is the only tool that can help you do that. (see my blogs)
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post

This is why I use somatotypes. It is objective and can't change. Tells your personality in its genotype - unadapted state. A lot of you ridicule somatotype because you think you think it identifies you as a type you don't prefer. The type you prefer is your current type that has been conditioned by all sorts of intrusions into your true self. Naturally, at this point you fail to recognize your true self. The purpose of therapy is to restore your true core personality. Somatotype is the only tool that can help you do that. (see my blogs)
    And for 3.99 you, too, can buy a somatopotato peeler. It's objective to you.
    It doesn't mean it's objective to anyone else.