• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe and Popularity

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interestingly enough, of the top five posters who have received the most "likes" 4/5 are Fi right now. It struck me because of the established belief that people are more drawn to Fe. It would be interesting to continue to watch that list each year and see if overall it comes out evenly split, or if there are cultural shifts that favor one approach or the other at various times. This list surprised me because of the lack of Fe on it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/thanks.php?do=statistics
1. prplchknz (10230) Fi-dom
2. EJCC (8104) inferior Fi
3. Yamato Nadeshiko (7882) Fe-aux
4. Coriolis (5905) Fi-tert
5. magpie (5460) Fi-dom or tert

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interestingly enough, of the top five posters who have received the most "likes" 4/5 are Fi right now. It struck me because of the established belief that people are more drawn to Fe. It would be interesting to continue to watch that list each year and see if overall it comes out evenly split, or if there are cultural shifts that favor one approach or the other at various times. This list surprised me because of the lack of Fe on it.

lol

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I dont get Fe hate as if healthy its one of the best functions around :D. It can really brighten up a persons day if they feel down and make others feel valued and loved which we all seek to some extent. The reason why some people may hate Fe is because thinkiun about it Fi and Fe are kinda like hmmm like a cafe in which Fe sets the food that is served that yields best net happiness and Fi wants its own type of food. Hmmmm then Fi can be like that whiny kid who screasmt that they dont get their ice cream because Fe saids its bad for people then Fi can be like hmmm if mature and with a good Pe function they can then scan the Fe system and look for something else it likes or even mix and match to closest get wha tthey want like they can like order ice cubes and cream to make cold cream and Fe can off course create a suggestion box for the Fi users to have a voice in the system so in the end its pleasent for all if both Fe and Fi can be mature :D

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

This is lolz worthy. I dont really think hmmm that its linked to Fi or Fe jus that people like their posts and they post a lot but hmmm I think it could depend on other functions and many other factors like hmmm they could easily just be a nice person or insightful person. Its intresting thought that Fi people overalll get more likes based on thus. Any way to see how I fare?. :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is lolz worthy. I dont really think hmmm that its linked to Fi or Fe jus that people like their posts and they post a lot but hmmm I think it could depend on other functions and many other factors like hmmm they could easily just be a nice person or insightful person. Its intresting thought that Fi people overalll get more likes based on thus. Any way to see how I fare?. :)
I think it helps to view the broad picture over time, and yes, I think there is a way people can like certain individuals so that popularity is not always function related. I do think though, that it could suggest that in this online environment, there isn't a pre-set prejudice in favor of Fe and against Fi. There could be some specific environments irl where a person could experience that, or other examples of their function being at odds with what is generally favored.

I think Fe probably does often help people to form friendship groups or to fit into certain cultures, but Fi doesn't have a strong a need for those things and so isn't necessarily ostracized for not receiving it. I've never been a part of a 'group', but I don't really want to be, so it isn't something that I miss for not being good at using Fe.

Jaguar

If I give someone a "like" for posting a Fleetwood Mac video, it's because I like Fleetwood Mac. Not the person who posted it.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think it helps to view the broad picture over time, and yes, I think there is a way people can like certain individuals so that popularity is not always function related. I do think though, that it could suggest that in this online environment, there isn't a pre-set prejudice in favor of Fe and against Fi. There could be some specific environments irl where a person could experience that, or other examples of their function being at odds with what is generally favored.

I think Fe probably does often help people to form friendship groups or to fit into certain cultures, but Fi doesn't have a strong a need for those things and so isn't necessarily ostracized for not receiving it. I've never been a part of a 'group', but I don't really want to be, so it isn't something that I miss for not being good at using Fe.

I know im being a typical Ne dom detrailer of curoisty but I wonder if hmmm thee is also a Ti/Te Ni/Ne Si/Se bias as well for popularity. My theory is that there are certain groups of people who like different types of comments. I am a very Ne heavy person and I noitce Ne types like my posts a lot more so than Ni types. Just a theory to expand on all the functions.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Sometimes I like a post as a means of responding to somebody else who's responding to me, if that makes sense. It's to say that I appreciate and have read their post, bUT i don't feel like I have anything substantial to add. Usually it'd also entail me at least having a somewhat positive impression of the person who posted it, but not always.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I think you would actually have to look at the ratio of "likes" to total posts, giving you a percentage of how "likeable" a particular member may be.

Now like this post.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think you would actually have to look at the ratio of "likes" to total posts, giving you a percentage of how "likeable" a particular member may be.

Now like this post.

:rly???:

It really depends on the distribution of people on this forum, the number of times they've posted since the reputation system was in-acted, and various "trades" of reputation points given.

As has been pointed out before, who has strong Fe is not necessarily easy to tell from the type. But I think you were referring to the "lasagna" model.

So you can divide the types into twp groups:
With Fe in top 4 from lasagna model: ESFJ, ENFJ, ISFJ, INFJ, ESTP, ENTP, ISTP, INTP
With Fe not in top 4 in lasagna model:ISFP, INFP, ESFP, ENFP, ISTJ, INTJ, ESTJ, ENTJ

IMO, the top group forms a bigger section of our forum than the bottom. We could count using self reported types, or by the poll, or the survey to get a semi-accurate number.

With above caveats (and many more I haven't mentioned), I will attempt once again to do math in public:

For now, lets us call the fraction of the group with Fe in the top-4 of the lasagna model, F.

Let us represent a person symbolically by "f" if they fall in the top group, "t" if they fall in the bottom.

Then if we choose 10 people, we will have something like:

fttftffft

The probability of finding that particular (order dependent) selection of people
is given by F^<number of f's in the pattern>*(1-F)^<number of t's in the pattern>

The probability that any 8 of a random sampling of 10 people on the forum is in the top group ("f") is given by:

<the number of different patterns with 8 f's and 2 t's>*F^8*(1-F)^2=
(10 choose 8)*F^8*(1-F)^2=45*F^8*(1-F)^2

If we say F=0.6. Then the probability is 45*(0.6)^8*(0.4)^2=12% roughly that we would have exactly 8 members.

But I suppose you wanted to know what the chance of finding 8 or more is.

You could add up the chances of finding 9 and 10 to the list.

So we would add: 45*(0.6)^8*(0.4)^2+10*(0.6)^9*(0.4)+(0.6)^10=12%+4%+0.6%=17% roughly

But of course if F=0.8
45*(0.8)^8*(0.2)^2+10*(0.8)^9*(0.2)+(0.8)^10=30%+27%+11%=68% roughly

The expected number of people in the top ten would be F*10.

Hope that makes sense. I'm too lazy to actually do the counting.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

#FeRepresentative

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Probably because we relate more to other humans.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably because we relate more to other humans.

e6df24ab94fb8a282eea97f4d5986890.jpg

PurpleDawn

Fe only annoys me when idiots think ENFPs have it......oh and when my ENFJ mother won't leave me alone when I'm emotionally distressed and thinks she can unrealistically fix things.

Other than that Fe users are rather chill.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe only annoys me when idiots think ENFPs have it......oh and when my ENFJ mother won't leave me alone when I'm emotionally distressed and thinks she can unrealistically fix things.

Other than that Fe users are rather chill.

Yeah I hate when FJs try to make me feel better, but they have good intentions.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do think it's tied to popularity. Fe is, in the end, about maintaining smooth sailing in a larger group dynamic, and so on the surface at least it can be very 'pleasant' to be around. (and it can rub Fi users the wrong way because an Fi user doing the same thing very well has to be totally fake to do it, whereas it's just how the Fe user is) In a customer service setting, even team dynamics, Fe users are definitely more well liked. They tend to win 'Partner of the Quarter' sorts of awards. ;)

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think people hate on FJs because they are jealous of those who are popular. They make ji or Te out to be superior to compensate for not being like irl. It's kinda funny if you think about it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think people hate on FJs because they are jealous of those who are popular. They make ji or Te out to be superior to compensate for not being like irl. It's kinda funny if you think about it.

Jealousy might be part of it, but often too it's young IxTx's who are resentful of their FJ mother or any FJ who operates differently from how they do.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Jealousy might be part of it, but often too it's young IxTx's who are resentful of their FJ mother or any FJ who operates differently from how they do.

Oh they're upset because they can't make rude comments at the dinner table. Thanks for reminding me. Yeah ITs love their rude comments, but it's a good thing that FJs do not reward this behavior. It can hurt your chance of getting/keeping a job if it gets too out of control.