• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where are you most likely to find EACH type?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ - At home watching the Simpsons and passively listening to their answering machine messages complaining about how they never come out to do anything fun and that a night in doesn't count as plans.

INTJs: working menial jobs while dreaming big.

INTJ: Working on a research project in AP physics.

I don't relate to any of these. I hated physics as well as the Simpsons. Maybe, "Working big jobs while dreaming menial".

Some of these are super funny and pretty right on.

Personally..I'm an atmoshere person. I like to go places that are pretty or cool n funky with interesting things to look at or some kind of vibe that adds to the whole experience..preferably with great company, good music and yummy things to eat and drink. :)

This sounds really wonderful. Don't necessarily do it but that sounds great.

I'm generally working, cocooning, or on a trip somewhere. I do like to go out at least once every couple weeks. During the last four weeks, I guess I've gone out to dinner or brunch several times, played bocci ball, visited friends, saw a movie, went to a wine bar, went to the Chicago meetup, went to Taste of Chicago, saw a concert, and am going to an air show today. That's more than I thought. It's summer. I guess you are most likely to find me at work, at home, in a restaurant, or on vacation though.

Edit: Oh. You might find me driving. I do a lot of that.

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Where can one usually find an ENTJ or two? (Other than wherever they are while they're running the world.)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Where can one usually find an ENTJ or two? (Other than wherever they are while they're running the world.)

At work. Or at home answering their multiple work cell phones because people at work can't seen to function without them.

(Mother is an ENTJ and I've been dating an ENTJ for 5 years. Worrrkkkahhoolllliiiccsss.)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFJ: At a party, the beach, a dance club, a business workshop, energy healing class, mom n dads house, a BBQ, the city, the library, the dog park, we are all over the place!

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
In the wild, should one happen across an individual wandering forlornly and aimlessly looking alternately at the ground and at the clouds as well as avoiding eye-contact with any passers-by, then one might have spotted an INTP on a rare fresh air excursion. Additional indicators of INTPdom might include sudden changes in direction, a sporadic avoidance of various ground elements such as cracks or tiles of a specific colour, occasional stops to stare blankly at nothing with an emotionless face. The speed with which the INTP walks is almost invariably inversely proportional to his knowledge of his destination.

You forgot the suddenly stopping and looking around in confusion because they have forgotten where they are and where they were going.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ENTJ friend is often found out and about her neighborhood, walking her dog. She works alone out of a home office, and goes out just for the social contact. She also sees it as a way to help build community in her neighborhood. She keeps water and a dog biscuit dispenser in her front yard to share with other neighborhood dogs, and uses it as a mechanism to strike up conversations with the dogs' people.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My INTP activities at high school were:

observing interactions between people
going to listen to the debates - interschool and intraschool, in the library exploring the catalogue, wagging it (skipping out) in the art/photo lab, or wagging it with a good book under a tree down by the river.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
During the semester, if I'm outside my dorm at all, I'm usually wandering the campus aimlessly with earbuds shoved in my ears and a completely vacant expression on my face, out on my daily walk.

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
During the semester, if I'm outside my dorm at all, I'm usually wandering the campus aimlessly with earbuds shoved in my ears and a completely vacant expression on my face, out on my daily walk.

Hah. That will most def. be my modus operandi come this fall semester. I'm surprised more people don't enjoy this. Nay, on second thought, I'm not, but I still contend that they're really missing out.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESTP - Where no one else will be willing to tread.
ESFP - Obviously an awesome party.
ISTP - Riding off in motorcycles, looking cool and like they don't give a fuck about anything.
ISFP - Bonnaroo

INFP - Volunteer events to help starving children across the globe.
ENFP - At the mall looking into random stores and people watching, and then talking to those people soon after.
INFJ - They're too hard to find because there aren't enough of them!
ENFJ - Protesting injustices on the street and such.

ENTP - Comic-con
INTP - In their private dwellings with their most comfortable way of communicating to people at their fingertips.
INTJ - Not where people usually gather.
ENTJ - On a jeweled-encrusted throne...which later they will find it's only some designs on porcelain.

ESFJ - Inviting friends over to have a cooking party or a football party.
ISFJ - At home, reading a magazine.
ESTJ - Sports event of some sort.
ISTJ - In the basement playing video games.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hahaha good ones.

tawanda said:
INFP - Volunteer events to help starving children across the globe.
ENFP - At the mall looking into random stores and people watching, and then talking to those people soon after.
INFJ - They're too hard to find because there aren't enough of them!
ENFJ - Protesting injustices on the street and such.

switch ENFP/ENFJ maybe. NFJs do more people watching than NFPs... more observant in general. and ENFP isn't super social in general lol

INFJs are on the typo C boards! there seem to be a lot of "new" ones lately :)

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The INTP, a rare and reclusive specimen, is almost never present in the wild of his own volition, since he prefers to remain in his dwelling lurking various forums in order to amass and categorize vast quantities of only tenuously-relevant information.

If one should ever gain access to the computer of an INTP - often his most sacred object (thought when stolen away quietly its absence might go unnoticed for a great deal of time) - a few distinctive features will stand out. First, look at his browser. If there are five different typology or MBTI-type-related forums open concurrently, or if the desktop looks like it's being organized by three different systems at once, without any of the three being complete, then chances are your specimen is an INTP.

In writing, the defining feature of the INTP - aside from his often-cruel wit, will be his vicious pedantry. Expect constructions like "to who it was given," or "what helped me was she being there," to bring on comparisons of the user's intellect to that of a primate or an inanimate object. Spelling errors are seen as sins meriting flagellation. The use of 'u' to stand for 'you' or other such instances of greatly altering the English language will practically guarantee the cessation of all communication with the user by the INTP; however, often-byzantine abbreviations such as 'tbqf' to stand for 'to be quite frank' are used frequently, and the INTP will express genuine incredulity whenever the other party is not able to instantly decipher any new abbreviation the INTP has used. In addition, in personal communication the INTP is not necessarily insistent on proper capitalization and punctuation.

In the wild, should one happen across an individual wandering forlornly and aimlessly looking alternately at the ground and at the clouds as well as avoiding eye-contact with any passers-by, then one might have spotted an INTP on a rare fresh air excursion. Additional indicators of INTPdom might include sudden changes in direction, a sporadic avoidance of various ground elements such as cracks or tiles of a specific colour, occasional stops to stare blankly at nothing with an emotionless face. The speed with which the INTP walks is almost invariably inversely proportional to his knowledge of his destination.

A very good indicator of INTPdom is smiling or smirking without any obvious cause. Also indicative are sudden stops in motion accompanied by a rapid movement of the head, with eyes searching all around, as though the INTP were sniffing out the scent of an idea hiding behind a metaphorical bush or tree, his Ti thirsting to disembowel it.

Owing to the fact that most INTPs will spend their free time writing unnecessarily complicated, tangentially relevant responses to various threads on various forums, the INTP could be perhaps the rarest type to spot in public.

[The above rant was written based on my experiences. The description of the INTP's going for a walk is 100% true to my life.]

Everything said there is true (at least for me, an INTP specimen), just one more detail: you may find them with family even when they don't want to be outside. What is stated in the quote is true as far as we really want to go out (rarely)...

The only place where you can find me that I really enjoy getting (the process of walking and the speed compared to knowledge applies) is in a chess gathering, playing and beating the crap out of many people. I don't have any official FIDE rating, but I play in between 1750 and 2050 ELO.

Last edited:

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hah. That will most def. be my modus operandi come this fall semester. I'm surprised more people don't enjoy this. Nay, on second thought, I'm not, but I still contend that they're really missing out.

I find it highly enjoyable to be outside and yet still alone with my thoughts. A lot better than sitting around inside and sweating to death in the lack of A/C at least. I really am an outdoors person, even though I tend not to go outside unless I have a reason to.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I find it highly enjoyable to be outside and yet still alone with my thoughts. A lot better than sitting around inside and sweating to death in the lack of A/C at least. I really am an outdoors person, even though I tend not to go outside unless I have a reason to.

I listen to music in between classes, in the car and wherever I have free time. If there's dead time, my phone is jam packed with music personalized for me. That beats a lot of alternatives. I found myself just keeping the headphones on, walking around campus and admiring the curvy "scenery."

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4

Ah, yes, that makes quite a lot of sense, especially since I can sympathize with the lack of A/C (seriously, I feel like I got shafted by college in this respect) and therefore understand the pleasure that is to be gotten from being outside and, ironically, out of the stifling indoor heat. I also occasionally get into that mood where I crave to be outside because it's far more "open" and offers so much more breathing room. But then again, many other times I'll happily stay cooped up inside with all my books and computers.