User Tag List

First 34567 Last

I'd have to be an extrovert then because I don't get this. I don't see any gap. I guess you could say there is me expressing myself but it isn't a stable sense of self. There is no separation. Or is there...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Well fuck. Who you calling crazy?!

I don't actually think it's possible to explain this to an extrovert. But I wrote this elsewhere.
    haha! you!! and all the others like you!! haha no really...okay i might get it...the sense of you is the same as the sense of me...just you don't feel like you express it well...so it's just an expression thing? which makes you feel like no one truly sees you...unless they know you very well...so...that creates the fractured sense of self...but...it's really just a feeling that comes from a lack of expression?

am i even saying anything there? i can't tell. i may have just gone in a circle spewing words with no meaning...shit sorry about that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

hmmm...I can relate to this seperate sense of self...

ReflecTcelfeR

You did. The lack of expressing an opinion causes a disconnect between you and the person who you aren't expressing your opinion too and thus making yourself feel isolated and retreating inward more. The disconnect only makes it appear as if a second 'inner world' is being created when you still only have one world, it just the fact that you aren't showing it. Yes?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Extroverts constantly check the environment because if they don't, their thoughts may cease to be relevant to the current situation.

Introverts constantly check with themselves because if they don't, their experiences may cease to be relevant to who they are.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    You did. The lack of expressing an opinion causes a disconnect between you and the person who you aren't expressing your opinion too and thus making yourself feel isolated and retreating inward more. The disconnect only makes it appear as if a second 'inner world' is being created when you still only have one world, it just the fact that you aren't showing it. Yes?
    right okay yes...i gots it. i think. like visiting a country where you don't know the language...you're still you but you feel locked inside because no one understands you. i get it. i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    right okay yes...i gots it. i think. like visiting a country where you don't know the language...you're still you but you feel locked inside because no one understands you. i get it. i think.
    Exactly.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'd have to be an extrovert then because I don't get this. I don't see any gap. I guess you could say there is me expressing myself but it isn't a stable sense of self. There is no separation. Or is there...
    Sensors are more rooted in reality than us airy-fairy types.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha! you!! and all the others like you!! haha no really...okay i might get it...the sense of you is the same as the sense of me...just you don't feel like you express it well...so it's just an expression thing? which makes you feel like no one truly sees you...unless they know you very well...so...that creates the fractured sense of self...but...it's really just a feeling that comes from a lack of expression?

am i even saying anything there? i can't tell. i may have just gone in a circle spewing words with no meaning...shit sorry about that.
    That's ok. We're used to it. :P

It's not that I can't express myself. It's that y'all aren't able to understand my awesomeness.

Seriously though. Much of an INTPs world is non-verbal. It's a huge overhead to translate what goes on in our heads into a language that makes sense to anyone else. That's why it's so exhausting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    It's a huge overhead to translate what goes on in our heads into a language that makes sense to anyone else. That's why it's so exhausting.
    I love having an excuse not to explain my actions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I love having an excuse not to explain my actions.
    Is that why you keep changing your type?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.