User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    No its just the easiest example I could come up with. You must be normal if you know exactly why he suggested it...lol....
    Heh. I can recognize what is normal, I guess. I can always tell why some limits were set to keep slipping or pull at a minimal level.. I kinda put myself in the place of a soccer mom or something, and see what would be unpleasant for her. Doesn't mean I don't push it myself sometimes. Some people tell me I should get into racing, if that means anything.. I guess I'm good at relating to the road in the way you're talking about.

That's all a bit impersonal though. Where I'm more isolated, and not smoothly operating with external conditions is with the social landscape. I don't get in sync with people as easily - and don't want to necessarily. Some external perspectives are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I don't get isfp from this YouTube - ‪Bruce Lee Interview (Part 1)‬‎ at all. More entj for Lee. The interviewer is impressed, though confused at times; are able to charm each other using their respective strengths. I'd say he is esfj.
    No way. He is isfp or istp, that comes from years of reading his books and articles. I've always just taken him as istp but he could be isfp. That is pretty interesting.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I keep on hearing about this inner world. I was reading that introverts can tell you exactly where their social roles end and their real self begins.

What is all that about?

I don't know. I can say in that picture I relate to being the octopus than any of the kids.

The bold type: I was just thinking of this the other day. What an excellent way of saying it. "social role ends and real self begins".

I think everyone has a little of that going on but in introverts it's much more pronounced. I'm curious to hear the responses.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I don't get isfp from this YouTube - ‪Bruce Lee Interview (Part 1)‬‎ at all. More entj for Lee. The interviewer is impressed, though confused at times; are able to charm each other using their respective strengths. I'd say he is esfj.
    ENTJ for bruce lee is so bad it doesn't even warrant a counterargument. ESFJ is almost as bad.

Any E or J type for him is a laughably terrible read.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Heh. I can recognize what is normal, I guess. I can always tell why some limits were set to keep slipping or pull at a minimal level.. I kinda put myself in the place of a soccer mom or something, and see what would be unpleasant for her. Doesn't mean I don't push it myself sometimes. Some people tell me I should get into racing, if that means anything.. I guess I'm good at relating to the road in the way you're talking about.

That's all a bit impersonal though. Where I'm more isolated, and not smoothly operating with external conditions is with the social landscape. I don't get in sync with people as easily - and don't want to necessarily. Some external perspectives are overrated.
    To me it sounds like you are a strong S.

If you dont want to, to me that just means you havnt found the right people to get in sync with and/or havnt found ways in which you are comfortable getting in sync with those people. Overrated as in you feel constricted by them?
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ENTJ for bruce lee is so bad it doesn't even warrant a counterargument. ESFJ is almost as bad.

Any E or J type for him is a laughably terrible read.
    No, not really. Not at all. lee clearly has a crazy stranglehold control over his Ni, tertiary or otherwise, so I don't see how entj is completely out of the discussion, at least for the sake of comparison. I admit the interviewer isn't nearly dynamic enough to be esfj, but he's still an alpha sensor. isfp sounds better.

Upon this edit, I actually consider both entj. I admit I made an error regarding the interviewer, but JHBowden's recent thread cleared that up.

Banned

Extroverted attitude\orientation is a lot easier to explain than the introverted attitude, the way I understand it is, a person with an extroverted attitude tends to orient their consciousness by objective data, by objective in this case I include social norms, traditions of his\her environment. To a large extent the extroverts attitude and consciousness is oriented and shaped by his\her milieu.

"His entire consciousness looks outwards to the world, because the important and decisive determination always comes to him from without. But it comes to him from without, only because that is where he expects it."

The introverts consciousness and orientation is more subjective, more particular.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think i'm extraverted but i check stuff internally...i don't think i value external things more...i just seek them out...so...i don't know that whole thing is screwy.
    that is real familiar to me.
    it seems like the harder i try to understand it - introversion and extraversion - the less sense it makes to me....

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I was just thinking of this the other day. What an excellent way of saying it. "social role ends and real self begins".

I think everyone has a little of that going on but in introverts it's much more pronounced. I'm curious to hear the responses.
    i don't feel that way- i feel that my social role is a giant inseparable part of my real self. social roles seem like a very natural expression of your self. to me they are just your "real self" in the context of other people.

i wonder if for introverts your social role is like putting on a mask,
    and for extraverts it is like taking a mask off?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah...it's a curious thing...but i think that means we're sane...it's just a bit bizarre to see yourself as fractured personalities like that...this whole inner/ outer world too...i'm not so sure i get what that's about either...i once thought i did but why make it such the profound thing...everyone has unexpressed thoughts and feelings...how could you not? but it's not some tragic kingdom that your gate keeper personality guards while the spokesperson is out...i mean...isn't that all just a crazy perspective....or what?
    Well fuck. Who you calling crazy?!

I don't actually think it's possible to explain this to an extrovert. But I wrote this elsewhere.
    I am really me, inside, all the time. But I don't seem to be very effective at translating that into an external reality that makes sense to others. (Doesn't every introvert feel that way, to some extent?) I don't even try any more. There is my internal dialogue and sense of self, and then there is this person out there in the world who is simply playing a role. Whichever role seems to fit at the time. To some extent I feel incapable of an authentic existence that involves other people.

It's easier online, because I don't have to worry about people forming impressions based on what I look/sound like, and then trying to force me into a role that chafes. And I don't have to worry about impressing anyone. But there are still filters. There is the inadequacy of language. Outside of our own minds, we are always more constrained than free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

What Morgan said.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations