User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...it's a curious thing...but i think that means we're sane...it's just a bit bizarre to see yourself as fractured personalities like that...this whole inner/ outer world too...i'm not so sure i get what that's about either...i once thought i did but why make it such the profound thing...everyone has unexpressed thoughts and feelings...how could you not? but it's not some tragic kingdom that your gate keeper personality guards while the spokesperson is out...i mean...isn't that all just a crazy perspective....or what?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I think we might be being overly generous calling ourselves sane but I do agree with what you are saying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha you think? hmm...i'm not sure how the others will take that. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I just want to explore it, I don't understand that perspective. Makes me feel almost extroverted.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think it's interesting too...it's hard to put myself there in a way i can understand it. i need someone to explain it to me.
    -Jim Morrison

Me too, I need an explanation of that too. Either Se screws it up or I am extroverted.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...just like it was getting all twisted in my head in the other thread due to fi...possibly...yes... i think i'm extraverted but i check stuff internally...i don't think i value external things more...i just seek them out...so...i don't know that whole thing is screwy.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I think that it's the Se. Every now and then, I think that I'm extroverted, too, because of all of the Se that I use. And then, I get involved with large groups of people and I can't wait to escape from them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Me too, I need an explanation of that too. Either Se screws it up or I am extroverted.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I will use a quote from one of the most brilliant ISFPs of all time, the venerable Mr. Bruce Lee, to illustrate this point:

In this quote Mr. Lee is clearly extolling the virtues of introversion. Extroversion would prompt us to practice a thousand kicks once each; introversion would prompt us to practice one kick a thousand times.
    I don't get isfp from this YouTube - ‪Bruce Lee Interview (Part 1)‬‎ at all. More entj for Lee. The interviewer is impressed, though confused at times; are able to charm each other using their respective strengths. I'd say he is esfj.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i just thought the real difference was that an extravert's default is to focus outside themself - on people (Fe), on patterns/possibilities (Ne), on the physical environment (Se), on outward organization (Te) - while an introvert's default is to focus inside themself - on their value system (Fi), following/interpreting patterns (Ni), their experiential database (Si), or their logical system (Ti).

personally, i seriously thought i was an introvert until i realized that i unquestionably use more Ne than Fi, researched more and found ENFP fits me better than INFP anyway. i'm not always comfortable in social situations and i don't think anyone who knows me would call me "outgoing". i don't like that initial moment of meeting someone, before we've found common ground. i certainly have an elaborate inner world... though i dunno if there's much clear distinction between it and my external world. it's just whatever i decide to share with others or not, or to express outwardly at a certain time or day. maybe that's what makes me an extravert, according to the inner world definition, but it seems kind of unrealistic.