User Tag List

First 1234 Last

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that seems a tiny bit nuts.
    It seemed a tiny bit nuts to me too when I heard it, but when I thought about it not quite so much.

I think that many extroverts do the same thing but it just comes naturally...we call it social skills. We read a person or situation and respond appropriately without thinking. He has to think about it...kind of like how they say introverts will think about what they are going to say to someone before having a conversation and extroverts wing it.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    I think that many extroverts do the same thing but it just comes naturally...we call it social skills. We read a person or situation and respond appropriately without thinking. He has to think about it...kind of like how they say introverts will think about what they are going to say to someone before having a conversation and extroverts wing it.
    Well, yeah -- that's pretty much "introvert" textbook as per Keirsey on how introverts work, especially with sending the auxiliary extrovert function out to "meet the people" while the introverted primary directs things from within.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

but...the disconnect is nuts...is that just the language or does it really feel that way?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

that seems a tiny bit nuts.
    It does.. when put that way. O_o

I don't have a "representative" really. I'm kind of the same introvert in front of people. The things I have adapted... like little things I mentioned.. shaking hands or something....They just came about because I started feeling bad. If enough friends go "Yo, why you leaving me hanging??" you question yourself. It's not like I have another self that adapted to it, while the inner self is still ignoring people. There are other social rules I just can't see myself doing though, and end up dealing with the consequences or awkwardness. I don't have another persona doing them.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Can somebody explain introversion and extroversion as it relates to an object. I'd like to learn more about the way the individuals focus differs whether introverted or extroverted.

I read Lenore Thomson and Jung's Classics but I need something more and am hoping somebody throws out an idea that clarifies it for me.
    people arent gonna like my example of Se vs Si. but Si is internal. Lets take going around the corner fast in a car. Listening to the engine rev, hearing the sound as you go around the corner is Si. Se is noticing how the wheels are slipping, noticing how much traction/and or loss of traction you have, feeling how the car is responding to the road to gauge how much or how little gas to give it. Focusing on the "inside" of the engine is Si, focusing on the world around you is Se. Si becomes one with the engine, Se becomes one with the environment. Both have crazy control control and understanding, but one is internal and one is external. This will go against most peoples idea of Si vs Se though so take what you will from it. This is just an example that came to mind of extroverted vs introverted.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    people arent gonna like my example of Se vs Si. but Si is internal. Lets take going around the corner fast in a car. Listening to the engine rev, hearing the sound as you go around the corner is Si. Se is noticing how the wheels are slipping, noticing how much traction/and or loss of traction you have, feeling how the car is responding to the road to gauge how much or how little gas to give it. Focusing on the "inside" of the engine is Si, focusing on the world around you is Se. Si becomes one with the engine, Se becomes one with the environment. Both have crazy control control and understanding, but one is internal and one is external. This will go against most peoples idea of Si vs Se though so take what you will from it. This is just an example that came to mind of extroverted vs introverted.
    Hmm, maybe I do have a Se perspective. I always wanted to know who the hell that guy was who set speed limits.. I think I could do his job. Or at times, I knew exactly why he suggested what was on the sign, by testing the environment myself and seeing how the suggestion was spot on (btw we're not just talking about driving, right? ). That all said, I'm still Fi and in my own world in another way.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    people arent gonna like my example of Se vs Si. but Si is internal. Lets take going around the corner fast in a car. Listening to the engine rev, hearing the sound as you go around the corner is Si. Se is feeling how the car is responding to the road to gauge how much or how little gas to give it. Focusing on the "inside" of the engine is Si, focusing on the world around you is Se. Si becomes one with the engine, Se becomes one with the environment. Both have crazy control control and understanding, but one is internal and one is external. This will go against most peoples idea of Si vs Se though so take what you will from it. This is just an example that came to mind of extroverted vs introverted.
    Bad example. Ehh. I was going to fix it but then you said you knew it was wrong. Read more about Si and Se. Si is comparing and stabilizing the environment. Se is adjusting yourself to the environment. The Se person is more focused on reacting to the moment while driving, wading through changes. The Si person stands back and is deliberative about the driving.

I'm plenty aware that I have my own world that is catered to my personal interests, a deeply intricate system of what's important and interesting to me. I can vouch for that world being different from how I interact with the external world, which is logical, decisive, structured and competitive.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Hmm, maybe I do have a Se perspective. I always wanted to know who the hell that guy was who set speed limits.. I think I could do his job. Or at times, I knew exactly why he suggested what was on the sign, by testing the environment myself and seeing how the suggestion was spot on (btw we're not just talking about driving, right? ). That all said, I'm still Fi and in my own world in another way.
    No its just the easiest example I could come up with. You must be normal if you know exactly why he suggested it...lol....or if they used the lowest common denominator when setting it then... Its basically responding to the physical and/or concrete environment as it continuosly changes. To expand it out further using my driving example. Its also getting to the point where you can feel how the car is interacting with the external world so well that you open your senses up to even more information which is the cars around you, the people walking. You no longer need to focus on what the car is gonna do, how its gonna respond, that becomes second nature, you focus on the external environment and let go of the inner details because its like second nature. You end up zooming further and further out, instead of becoming more and more focused. You see the puddle and you already know how the car is gonna respond and its like just the sight causes you to be prepared and respond while you have already moved onto something else.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Bad example. Ehh. I was going to fix it but then you said you knew it was wrong. Read more about Si and Se. Si is comparing and stabilizing the environment. Se is adjusting yourself to the environment. The Se person is more focused on reacting to the moment while driving, wading through changes. The Si person stands back and is deliberative about the driving.

I'm plenty aware that I have my own world that is catered to my personal interests, a deeply intricate system of what's important and interesting to me. I can vouch for that world being different from how I interact with the external world, which is logical, decisive, structured and competitive.
    I never said it was bad, that is your judgement, I simply stated that others would not agree, which you supported and verified. Look at my initial example and notice how an Si user loses focus of the surrounding environment and focuses inward...this is why Si needs the environment stable. So they dont have to pay attention externally.

MBTI says that an I loses energy when they go into E mode. It really seems like a person loses energy when they switch from that functions I mode to the same functions E mode. I lose energy when I switch into Si, but nothing when in Se mode.
    Im out, its been fun

but...the disconnect is nuts...is that just the language or does it really feel that way?
    Actually the disconnect is what interested me. I don't feel much of a disconnect, yet I hear about it. I get a sense it is me expressing myself on my environment as well as working with it. But no disconnect. It was that other thread on Fi and going deeper that got me thinking about it.