User Tag List

First 4567 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    To define is to zero the irrelevant number.
    Is that not a post hoc definition then?

What is the irrelevant number in this case? The specifics. Whether you're I or E, T or F etc?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

If Jesus was an INTP, He would've been too busy trying to understand everything to get stuff done. When He saw the crowds with nothing to eat, He wouldn't have been moved with compassion; He may have logically come to the conclusion that someone might not be so well off since they were in the middle of nowhere. When Lazarus died, he wouldn't have cried. He would've hung his head and said "that sucks."

I think we can rule out INTP, and probably all the T types for that matter.

MBTI
    INTJ

So we still haven't had a math wiz come in here and give us the answer yet on the chance of someone being XXXX?

I might have to get one of my kids to do it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    So we still haven't had a math wiz come in here and give us the answer yet on the chance of someone being XXXX?

define some arbitrary percentage of people that are x for each of the 4 preferences. multiply.

if 10% are x in each preference, .1^4 people are XXXX = 1/10000 = .0001 = .01%

or if you arbitrarily say 5% of people are x in each preference, it's .05^4 = 1/160000 = .00000625 = .000625%

etc.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

What is the meaning of being XXXX... It means no preference for any axises I/E etc. What does no preference mean? Assume each axis has a range from (0,100). To have absolutely no preference theoretically is to be at exactly 50.000000... The probability of something falling on any one point on the number line is 0%.

If you want to do it practically though... what does X mean? Falling so close to the divide that one cannot readily test their preference... since there's an error associated with testing. How big is the error? You'll need to look up the specific inventory. After you've obtained that... use dissonance's calculation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Is that not a post hoc definition then?

What is the irrelevant number in this case? The specifics. Whether you're I or E, T or F etc?
    As far as they are concerned, zero = X

The zero continuum loopholes the types. The type category does not loophole itself.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post

There is not enough data to compute a reasonable probability. If the 4 "letters" are independent events then the probability is

P(X1)*P(X2)*P(X3)*P(X4)

So if all of the probabilities of each X are the same then the total probability is P(X)^4. However if the events are not independent then even more data would be required to calculate a reasonable probability.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    xNTP

IMHO, it is possible. Contrary to what others have stated I believe as you mature your preferences balance out.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    IMHO, it is possible. Contrary to what others have stated I believe as you mature your preferences balance out.
    yes, balance out as people develop the inferior function. So when an introverted intuition type is just beginning to really 'live life', an extraverted sensing type is diving into parapsychology and anthroposophy.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    yes, balance out as people develop the inferior function. So when an introverted intuition type is just beginning to really 'live life', an extraverted sensing type is diving into parapsychology and anthroposophy.
    Well at least we agree on one thing.

Excellent post. My Dad and most of my cousins all of which were very E have slowed down and gained a tremendous amount of depth over the years.