User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 346

  1. #61
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Where's uumlau?

    Maybe he'll want to actually come back and post again since the forum isn't boring as shit anymore.
    I think he will be here shortly.....

  2. #62
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    This really needs to be reworded.

    There's truth there, obvious truth, but...
    But I'm hungover, and considering I'm half Asian and lack the enzyme to break down alcohol like you, I think I'm doing a half decent job at making coherent thoughts whilst my brain is pounding like a garage house janky ass speaker with far too much bass.

    You ever seen those movies where the child, or character (the character is always essentially in the role of a child in this situation), is in a dark, murky forest and is looking around, feeling like the eyes of the forest are all looking at it, knowing what is happening, while the child does not.

    Well, for Ni-doms, Ne-doms are like that child, and the Ni-dom is the forest.

    For the sake of clarifying the analogy, Ne-doms obviously aren't going around fearful, that is not the point.

    But they are that child, walking around the forest, and the connections they're making while looking outward are vastly finite relative to the forest looking in at them.
    SAY WHAT?!!?!!!!!?!!!

    You just essentially declared that Ni is the sentient world, and that Ne is a wholeheartedly ignorant child.

    I'm astounded by your lack of understanding of Ne, and by your RIDICULOUS ASSLOAD OF CONDESCENSION AND ARROGANCE.



    First of all, all of our perceptual capacities are finite, and limited in some regard.

    And secondly, Ni is the forest looking at Ne, your metaphor hardly makes sense at all, but I still get the gist, which is the fact that you think Ni is vastly superior to, um, everything?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #63
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Admittedly, I have read very little of this thread, until I saw something, and then had to put my two cents in.

    But, I dunno, Ne + Ti makes sense to me, (when I have the interest to read it :P)

    Though, I have very little use of my Te, and regarding thought processing, I use Ne, Fi and Ti.

    Some INTJs say shit and I'm like, holy fuckasaurus, you know what's up, and other times I'm like...
    Well, the lesson I have learned is to never ever assume what goes on in anothers head. I do build patterns endlessly, hehe, apophenia huh? but the end recognition is that if they do not stand up to Si experience, they are just one potential endpoint-a toy to bat around and play with...tert Te is my releif function after all, so all of my ideas are but shiny toys.

    The only time I use Ti is in a shadow state under massive pain in which it serves a library to form the sharpest most precise terms possible to wound and inflict damage upon another person.

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    If only Ni types (actually just NTJs, once again, NFJs aren't half as arrogant) would accept that Ni is still just one perspective, not the meta-perspective synthesizing all other perspectives that you want it to be. I understand that that's what you're trying to do; the problem is that you vastly overestimate your own success rate with it. A lot more of you are "crackpot, bottom of the barrel conspiracy theorists" than are able to recognize it about themselves.
    I strongly agree with the Bold. whole fucking heartedly. Ni can be predictive, BUT that doesnt make what the rest of us do just normal human reasoning... (I love my INTJ, the one with hairy eyebrows. I love to wake up next to him and love to hold him and love to see him smile......)

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Truly brilliant NTJs (Kalach, uumalu, etc.) tend to come off as very humble because they possess the depth of perspective to recognize how much they don't see. It's just the poorly developed ones who come off as arrogant pricks because they think they've got it all figured out and that everyone is a complete idiot totally unworthy of their presence (*cough*, Lex Tali-retard, *cough*.)
    BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

    Sim INTJs do something weird as they age. The first 20 years or so seem silent. They say very little. But they constantly absorb social mannerisms as a Te ruleset. They plan very carefully how to best convey the message to convince the other of what they wish. To the point they plan out convos in advance so much in their heads that they sometimes forget they never actually had the convo with the other person....

    I suspect this "humility" you see is actually a developed persona for interacting with others. Unlike my raw, axe-like Te that brutally pummels others, or Z's Te which is blunt, older INTJs have had a long time to learn that Te pisses people off...thus learn to Fe like mannerisms to convey messages....

  4. #64
    What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Truly brilliant NTJs (Kalach, uumalu, etc.) tend to come off as very humble because they possess the depth of perspective to recognize how much they don't see. It's just the poorly developed ones who come off as arrogant pricks because they think they've got it all figured out and that everyone is a complete idiot totally unworthy of their presence (*cough*, Lex Tali-retard, *cough*.)
    I liked Lex Talionis. He repeatedly pointed out all of the negative aspects of the other types and then used that to define a type, and he didn't afraid of anything. He wad a pretty cool guy, if you ask me.

    The biggest one is how you guys consistently fail to understand how anyone could be looking for different things out of life than you are. I get really tired of the implicit "LOL THAT GUY IS A RETARD, HE HAS NO ECONOMIC INFLUENCE OR OVERARCHING POWER AT ALL ROFL" whenever NTJs want to belittle someone, as if you're completely incapable of recognizing that most types aren't even trying to build that and are totally uninterested in devoting their lives to it.
    Huh? -especially the underlined portion-

    That's not their primary goal and you continually evaluate others' performance in life as if it is. Listen to NTJs talk about "stupid people"--listen to the values implied by the way they deride people they consider lesser than themselves. It's almost always based on this economic power/influence elitism, and very few of you will openly admit it.
    What the fuck?.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

    This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

    Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...



  5. #65
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The biggest one is how you guys consistently fail to understand how anyone could be looking for different things out of life than you are. I get really tired of the implicit "LOL THAT GUY IS A RETARD, HE HAS NO ECONOMIC INFLUENCE OR OVERARCHING POWER AT ALL ROFL" whenever NTJs want to belittle someone, as if you're completely incapable of recognizing that most types aren't even trying to build that and are totally uninterested in devoting their lives to it. That's not their primary goal and you continually evaluate others' performance in life as if it is. Listen to NTJs talk about "stupid people"--listen to the values implied by the way they deride people they consider lesser than themselves. It's almost always based on this economic power/influence elitism, and very few of you will openly admit it.
    Sim, might I suggest a bit o' Ayn Rand? It would give a really interesting insight into what you are seeing. I would, as always for any type, be hesitant to assign motives onto the INTJs, as that would be highly presumptious, however the Se inf function does give a very practical, productive, even slightly materialistic tint to their worldview-always think in terms of function pairs...NeSi or NiSe....otherwise you only have half the picture.



    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    But I'm hungover, and considering I'm half Asian and lack the enzyme to break down alcohol like you, I think I'm doing a half decent job at making coherent thoughts whilst my brain is pounding like a garage house janky ass speaker with far too much bass.



    SAY WHAT?!!?!!!!!?!!!

    You just essentially declared that Ni is the sentient world, and that Ne is a wholeheartedly ignorant child.

    I'm astounded by your lack of understanding of Ne, and by your RIDICULOUS ASSLOAD OF CONDESCENSION AND ARROGANCE.



    First of all, all of our perceptual capacities are finite, and limited in some regard.

    And secondly, Ni is the forest looking at Ne, your metaphor hardly makes sense at all, but I still get the gist, which is the fact that you think Ni is vastly superior to, um, everything?
    Z I am with silly here-use caution not to mix the childlike innocence of Fi with Ne. NeFi will give us the look of that child at times, but often we stopped looking at the forrest long ago...we are seeing far, far beyond the trees at that point to things no longer on the plane of the forrest. Jung says Ne is objective in that it is prompted by a physical object of interest...however we very quickly move away from the object in front of us. By n=20, our Ne is no longer anywhere near that prompting object anymore.

  6. #66
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Analyzing people's behavior is a significant part of typology. Every type has a number of annoying things it tends to do as a result of overvaluing its own perspective--analyzing people's behavior might be one of those things for some of the NT types, in fact.
    Yes, but so is professional psychology. However, if a group of psychologists were discussing psychology, they wouldn't evaluate each others' reasoning based on their psychological states. Imagine if you were diagnosed with depression, mania, or some other sort of disorder; you raised your hand in a psychology class at the local college to state your opinion. Instead of evaluating your opinion based on either the logical consistency or the evidence (against/for) it, he just said, "Oh, well from a depressed persons perspective..."

    I know that psychological types aren't disorders. My point is that you're mixing typology as a basic science with typology as an applied science, and in doing so you commit the common fallacy of judging the interocular instead of the argument.

    But uh, if you only see deprecation in my posts then you don't really read them. You must be looking for negativity if you can't recall reading anything positive about various types in my writing,
    I'm referring to this thread. Most of what you said prior to my post in this thread were negative. My point was that as long as you evaluate peoples' opinions according to their type, you're free to either appreciate them or depreciate them. What you should be doing is evaluating peoples' statements based on whether they are true or not.



    Uh huh, and also a search for finding ways to compliment people. The idea is to understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of each archetype. If it makes you happy I can make a post detailing all the positives about each function attitude; I just happen to be discussing negatives in this particular thread.
    How about you do neither and make it more sober instead of laminating typology with emotional bias?



    I think your Fi is offended that I'm insulting people's individuality by slandering the negative aspects of certain types.
    No, I am offended. What's your point?

    Once again I'm kind of surprised you don't remember reading any analysis of the positives of any type in my writing. Are you really paying attention?
    I've been paying attention to this thread, which is what I'm referring to. Not your long history of posting; but if I recall correctly you even toted a bias against Fi oriented people around in my first thread around 6 months ago.

  7. #67
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Z I am with silly here-use caution not to mix the childlike innocence of Fi with Ne. NeFi will give us the look of that child at times, but often we stopped looking at the forrest long ago...we are seeing far, far beyond the trees at that point to things no longer on the plane of the forrest. Jung says Ne is objective in that it is prompted by a physical object of interest...however we very quickly move away from the object in front of us. By n=20, our Ne is no longer anywhere near that prompting object anymore.
    Zara and I just got into a heated discussion.

    This is what I think.

    Prior to knowing anything about typology/MBTI, I considered myself both an Intuitive and an Empath, due to my abilities to predict answers, predict motives, behaviors, just know things, synthesize information prior to analyzing it, then ultimately being right. I also just understood people, my imagination, and my ability to place myself in a position I had never literally been and feel what it would be like to be there, yielded a strong moral compass within me, and the ability to relate to others, and for others to feel as though they are/were truly understood by me.

    My sixth grade teacher said I had an incredible talent for making inferential connections/conclusions

    I have this on record, fwiw.

    Inference is the process of drawing a conclusion by applying heuristics (based on logic, statistics etc.) to observations or hypotheses; or by interpolating the next logical step in an intuited pattern. The conclusion drawn is also called an inference.
    The type of inferences I've always drawn have been via inductive reasoning.

    The process by which a conclusion is inferred from multiple observations is called inductive reasoning. The conclusion may be correct or incorrect, or correct to within a certain degree of accuracy, or correct in certain situation
    My Fi, or my empathic abilities developed earlier, around age three.

    This might be due partially to genetics, or the fact that I had two older sisters who were not so older than I was/am.

    Regardless, being empathic/empathetic has been difficult for me, growing up and still, if there is any correlation between Fi and being empathetic, then, well, there you go.

    But, I always felt special for my intuitive capabilities, I was never cocky about it, in fact, I often was misunderstood, and greeted with frustrated teachers who couldn't understand that I didn't need their steps to understand something.

    I digress.

    When I quoted that Lenore definition of Ni, I related to it immensely.

    However, I do not think I am god, I know that I know very little, and furthermore, I know when I don't know something.

    But, on the flip side, I know when I know something too, even though there have been circumstances where I have been wrong, and these moments in my life have proven to be both pivotal and critical.

    Generally speaking, I trust myself more than I trust others.

    But, there are people that I trust, and when I trust them, I learn from them, and find solace in their visions of truth, that, shock horror, are similar to mine.

    What was the point of this post.

    Ahh, this, that some of us trust our intuition, I know I do, it seldom does me wrong or leads me astray.

    But regarding new shit I don't know, I'm all ears, and regarding shit I already know, I'm even more all ears, because it's interesting to find out stuff and expand your knowledge base.

    But there is "superficial" knowledge, which I love.

    And there is existential knowledge which I need.

    /end rant
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #68
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I've been paying attention to this thread, which is what I'm referring to. Not your long history of posting; but if I recall correctly you even toted a bias against Fi oriented people around in my first thread around 6 months ago.
    Sim, you must admit that what he says about you here is true, I've heard you state it over and over, how much you can't stand Fi.

    I'm starting to think that Fi and Ni are kinda similar.

    That's just a working hypothesis, though, as I just came up with it a couple of hours ago.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #69
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Silly and I are getting ready to go to my parent's, so I don't really have time to comment on the many different things I want to comment on, but...

    Orobas, as usual, you have filled this thread with a bunch of useful nuggets of information.

    Not to discount the others, cuz they were all valuable, but I particularly liked the part you said about Ne looking far past the object as the user gets older.

    I completely agree with you, and it was not something really delineated well enough in my metaphor, by any means.

    Really, my metaphor applied more broadly to Pi (forest) and Pe (child) functions.

    I completely agree that Ne starts looking "beyond the object" in a way that Se does not, and, in this sense, I tend to look at the N functions as ways in which we stretch beyond the threshold of S -- an uncertain proposition to be sure, but I think we would be foolish to not consider its potential truth, especially out of some flabby-minded political correctness.

    Anyway, great posts.

    Sim, I actually think your last post was pretty good.

    I still think you're letting your relationships with Jaguar, your dad and/or your brother taint your entire perspective on NTJs, and that you harbor an obsession with pointing towards the 2% (Orobas' figure) of the time when Ni-doms are not actually bringing to the table an accurate, largely-encompassing view of the matter at hand, due to your issues with one or more of these relationships.

    I don't know if it's that your dad and/or brother and/or Jaguar "look down on you" for what it is that you are doing with your life, but I suspect this is the source (particularly with your family) of much of your obsession with pointing out that Ni doms don't really see the "whole picture" (i.e., in your case, that material gain, etc. is not that important).

    Yes, their values make them desire for you to do something that they see as "productive" with your life -- and these desires are undoubtedly biased by their Te -- but to constantly obsess over pointing out a particular type's "blind spots", which, invariably, do exist, seems to be driven more by your personal experiences than a drive for accuracy or truth, and thus pushes you towards behavior that you wouldn't otherwise be engaging in.

    I don't know. Maybe I'm completely off base. I don't know you that well.

    But it just always seems like you have a personal axe to grind with NTJs.

  10. #70
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I just found something pretty fucking rad, for all you NFs out there.



    Intuitive abilities were quantitatively tested at Yale University in the 1970s. While studying nonverbal communication, researchers noted that some subjects were able to read nonverbal facial cues before reinforcement occurred.[20] In employing a similar design, they noted that highly intuitive subjects made decisions quickly but could not identify their rationale. Their level of accuracy, however, did not differ from that of nonintuitive subjects.[21]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition_(knowledge)

    (I swear on everything I value that I did not come across this tidbit of information prior to making my previous posts.)

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] intjs how good is your vizualitation skills
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 12:55 PM
  2. How important is a good teacher?
    By yama in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 07:08 PM
  3. I just remembered how good Animal Collective is
    By gmanyo in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 09:27 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 04:34 PM
  5. [NT] How good is your sensing?
    By BrokenSword in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 12:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO