User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Translation: NTJs think they're smarter than everyone/that everyone who doesn't approach life the way they do must be a moron, because there can't possibly be anything they missed about any other perspectives.
    ^ I've witnessed this firsthand. :/

Sorry, NTJs, but this is perhaps your Achilles heel.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    "Ni, or introverted iNtuition, is dominant for INxJ, secondary for ENxJ, tertiary for ISxP and inferior for ESxP. It is an inward sense of abstract perceptual shift. Rather than imagine different ways we could change the outside world, Ni acknowledges many different ways we could change the subjective meaning of things to ourselves by looking at them from different angles. Rather than directly confront an issue, Ni will often solve problems by simply looking at them from a different angle. Doing a bunch of community service sucks? Just think of it as an opportunity to get lots of exercise! Note that Ni doesn't think about how to change the outer world the way Ne does; it only thinks about how to change *the way we interpret* the outer world. Ni leads you to try and see "through the smoke and mirrors" to what is REALLY going on below the surface, that other people are not perceptive enough to pick up on...so in its unhealthy form, it turns into conspiracy theories, a la Dale Gribble from King of the Hill.
    Um, I guess I'll disagree with some of the INxJ posters in this thread who disliked sim's definition of Ni, as the blip I quoted here really resonated with me, in terms of how I see my internal workings, in a much greater way than the majority of the voodoo-mystical-predicting-'zoinks, a-ha' crap that most people focus on when trying to say how they utilize Ni or view Ni in others.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Um, I guess I'll disagree with some of the INxJ posters in this thread who disliked sim's definition of Ni,[...]
    Cas, it's Lenore Thomson's personal perspective on Ni, right out of her book. It is not any forum member's "definition."
    It would be nice if someone changed the title of this thread, in order to reflect the appropriate source of the information.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oooo?

Are you calling Sim a plagiarist?
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    And perhaps that's your ego talking, cuz you think you're the wisest person in the room.

Fi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    And perhaps that's your ego talking, cuz you think you're the wisest person in the room.

Fi
    Nope, depends on who's in the room.

Fi is ego-less.

Wrong is Wrong, Right is Right, and most things are ambiguously in between.

I'm open to modifying my assumptions, making concessions when necessary, and deep, soul penetrating apologies when I am uber-wrong.

Ne lends for seeing New ideas/connections to integrate into our model of our perceived lives and universes.

And, I am not so vacuous and arrogant to believe that I know everything, like duh, I live for more information.

But I will say this, my Fi exists as a conscience of its own, it knows when something is right or wrong, even when I am being/acting wrong.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    LOL, you guys and your open minds.
    Ironically the ones who preach the most about how open their minds are (like say, spoiled rich kids who had everything handed to them from birth and thus never had to grow up or actually open their minds at all) tend to end up being the least open-minded. *ahem*

^ I've witnessed this firsthand. :/

Yeah, I mean, most people tend to think that way regardless of type; it's just NTJs who are especially arrogant about assuming they understand everything that goes into every other type's perspective enough to declare everyone else a total moron.

You can tell from the way the first thing they jump to every time they want to belittle someone is "YOU CLEARLY DO NOT HAVE SUBSTANTIAL ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL INFLUENCE LOL", as if anyone who doesn't place that as Primary Life Goal #1 is a complete ingrate. /vomit
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ironically the ones who preach the most about how open their minds are (like say, spoiled rich kids who had everything handed to them from birth and thus never had to grow up or actually open their minds at all) tend to end up being the least open-minded. *ahem*
    ^I don't follow this nasty stereotype, is it even a stereotype?

Because I never heard of it.

*scratches head*

I find the ones who preach how frackin' smerrt they are are usually not nearly as smerrt as they think they are.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    It seems as though you are attempting to use typology as a means to analyze people's behavior. Since their behavior is abnormal to you, you jump to the conclusion that their opinions are void - like you responded to highlander by thrashing NTJs. (Contrary to what you have told me - "that by understanding typology, we can better appreciate other people's perspectives". All I see is depreciation. )
    Analyzing people's behavior is a significant part of typology. Every type has a number of annoying things it tends to do as a result of overvaluing its own perspective--analyzing people's behavior might be one of those things for some of the NT types, in fact.

But uh, if you only see deprecation in my posts then you don't really read them. You must be looking for negativity if you can't recall reading anything positive about various types in my writing,

Since you are so willing to dismiss their opinions based on their performance, you evade evaluating the validity of your own statements, which is not a search for truth, but rather a search for finding ways to be critical of people.
    Uh huh, and also a search for finding ways to compliment people. The idea is to understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of each archetype. If it makes you happy I can make a post detailing all the positives about each function attitude; I just happen to be discussing negatives in this particular thread.

If you are not keen on discovering the truth of typology, I'm really not sure why anyone would want to take your typologogical theories with anything but a grain of salt.
    I think your Fi is offended that I'm insulting people's individuality by slandering the negative aspects of certain types.

Once again I'm kind of surprised you don't remember reading any analysis of the positives of any type in my writing. Are you really paying attention?

^I don't follow this nasty stereotype, is it even a stereotype?

Because I never heard of it.

*scratches head*

I find the ones who preach how frackin' smerrt they are are usually not nearly as smerrt as they think they are.
    It's not a stereotype, no. It's a jab at a particular person.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yeah, I mean, most people tend to think that way regardless of type; it's just NTJs who are especially arrogant about assuming they understand everything that goes into every other type's perspective enough to declare everyone else a total moron.
    Translation: I'm perennially pissed off at Ni doms and auxs for their ability to see things from an encompassing perspective that incorporates as many disparate perspectives as possible, and not having ever experienced Ni, I don't really know whether it's true that they do this, but I do know that it bothers me when they put me down and say I'm not seeing the whole picture.

/truth