User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you trust it? Are you comfortable with it?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am Ti dom and I have discomfort with Te doms

6 25.00%
  • I am Te dom and I have discomfort with Ti doms

2 8.33%
  • I am Ti dom and I have no discomfort with Te doms

10 41.67%
  • I am Te dom and I have no discomfort with Ti doms

6 25.00%
123 Last

heart on fire

Default Ti vs. Te, do they trust each other?

I read so many posts where Fe dom people are not so comfortable with Fi and I certainly know that I have my own difficulties with understanding Fe. I don't always trust Fe.

I was wondering how thinkers feel. Do Ti doms feel uneasy around Te or distrust it or vice versa?

I am really curious about this.

For the purposes of this poll, consider Dom to mean it is either your first or second function. This is a poll for thinkers only please.

I know for myself as feeler with Te in fourth postion, I have more appreciation for Ti than Te.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I read so many posts where Fe dom people are not so comfortable with Fi and I certainly know that I have my own difficulties with understanding Fe. I don't always trust Fe.

I was wondering how thinkers feel. Do Ti doms feel uneasy around Te or distrust it or vice versa?

I am really curious about this.

For the purposes of this poll, consider Dom to mean it is either your first or second function. This is a poll for thinkers only please.

I know for myself as feeler with Te in fourth postion, I have more appreciation for Ti than Te.
    The INFP = ESTJ function order
    INFP > Fi Ne Ni Fe Ti Se Si Te < ESTJ

The IP/EJ continuun has the rational functions set apart and the perceiving functions not set apart-

The INFJ = ESTP function order
    INFJ > Ni Fe Fi Ne Si Te Ti Se < ESTP

The IJ/EP continuum has the perceiving functions set apart and the rational functions not set apart

which may explain your question

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I make everyone uncomfortable. Could that be because I get inside their clothes with them to say hello? Perhaps. I suppose we'll never know for certain.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I make everyone uncomfortable.
    I find that difficult to believe.

Anyway...

Extending this to all I/E functions distrusting each other, well I don't exactly distrust Ni, but I do find it frustrating to deal with sometimes in other people. Seems so suspicious, cynical, so sorta... y'know like you make a single mistake and you have a devil of a job ever getting them to forgive you or believe that it was a one-off, they always have it on their minds when they think of you, and expect you to fail... hard for me to deal with, Ne being generally a very positive and trusting function as it is...

But my Ti and Te get along pretty well actually. But I'm a weird NTP because my Ti and Te are about equal, and sometimes I find it actually easier to slip into Te than Ti. The only way I know I'm a P is because Ne is so dominant above all else...

I suppose that if Ti by default wants to observe, wait and gather more information whilst not intervening, whilst Te wants to control, direct and act and doesn't want to wait, that would cause some conflict... I suppose I have experienced that kind of inner conflict in the past, but being extraverted by nature I tend to find that in a battle between the two, Te will win out because in the end, I'd always rather do something in the real world, than sit and navel gaze. Over the years I've learned to sorta harmonize the two... to use the times I have alone for some Ti action, which I then utilize to plan for actual action. But like I say, considering that it's all actually led by Ne, I don't think I'd be too typical in that regard...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I'm not a Ti nor a Te dominant person... hell I'm not even a T to boot! But I would like to throw in my two cents. ^^;;

Ni and Ne, I'm pretty sure my Ni is stronger than my Ne... but the two can live happily with one another. I'm uncertain whether there's a difference between perceiving functions as oppose to judging ones. Afterall two judging functions can judge each other... perceiving functions seem to only be able to bounce things off one another. Well maybe one perceiving function can try to take over the other and that can lead to distrust... but for me... I don't consider one being better than the other.

Fe vs Fi... Do I trust my Fi? Often times it feels to be like an overly emotional mess, my Fi. Fe is a much better integrated function. My tertiary Ti might dislike Fi simply because it's a different means of internal judgment. Looking at Fi dominant people (INFPs for example), I often times get irrational feelings that they are hiding things. A foolish thought since I do just the same... but nonetheless it's there.

Ti vs Te... I sometimes can't stand seeing people organize things. "A place for everything and everything in its place"... I hate that phrase. It's a direct interference of the freedom Ni/Ne need to make connections. Te organization imposes divisions in the otherwise unified whole Ni Ti creates.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I voted Ti dom and do feel discomfort with Te dom in some others.. Ti dom, because that's what shows up in functional preference tests I've taken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I voted Ti dom and do feel discomfort with Te dom in some others.. Ti dom, because that's what shows up in functional preference tests I've taken.
    But... you're Ne dom

The way the OP is worded seems to be addressing ExTJ's and IxTP's... but I stuck my oar in anyway
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    But... you're Ne dom

The way the OP is worded seems to be addressing ExTJ's and IxTP's... but I stuck my oar in anyway
    The wording is a bit vague. I took it to mean your dominant form of T, regardless of whether it's your dominant or auxiliary function. Also I felt like voting.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I wouldn't use the word discomfort as much as frustrating. I find Te to be frustrating because often times a person just wants to give the facts, and what I consider most important is why. What is even more frustrating is a person who cares who is right and who is wrong in a discussion. I don't care who is right, I just want to know what it is and why.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Ti:

Te: