User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I've never doubted myself being an ESTP.

Even though I tested as ENTJ a decade ago, I can see why that happened.

I'm 60/40 on S/N, and 52/48 on J/P.

So, I could very well claim ESTX, or maybe even EXTX depending on how accurate the test I took was on S/N.

But, the ESTP type description (the positive non-used car salesman parts) are the ones I identify with very easily.

Same for my Enneagram being 7w8 sx/so - he description fits me VERY well.

I would not mind if I were an ENTJ, or an ESTJ, aor an ENTP, as all are great types to be just like the other 12 of the 16, all have their gifts.

I'm just very comfortable with being an ESTP, because I have seen the many ways I have historically engaged things in the style of an ESTP, and I see it in my current endeavors. I'm a happy go lucky mover and shaker.

Don't doubt yourself in any capacity. Take a few tests, read a few type descriptions, and find out which one BEST fits you, and run with it for awhile, and see what happens. It's just four letters, they do not determine the entire essences of your being.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by natashka View Post
    I want to hear some feedback from people who have confidently and knowledgeably decided a type for themselves.
    Okay, so this isn't me. But as someone else who identifies with more than one type, I've come to the conclusion that it simply doesn't matter. Don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Don't doubt yourself in any capacity. Take a few tests, read a few type descriptions, and find out which one BEST fits you, and run with it for awhile, and see what happens. It's just four letters, they do not determine the entire essences of your being.
    I think Halla's completely right. The whole point of type isn't to stuff yourself into one of 16 predetermined boxes and somehow pattern yourself or your self-identity into said box. The point's simply to get an idea of other points of view that may be foreign to you (but aren't at all to others!) and see where you stand in the scheme of things, and get some tools for understanding and communicating with people who may approach things differently than you do. None of that really requires you to identify with any one and only one type description.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

garbage

I really don't give a damn what the underlying theory has to say. We can learn new tendencies and habits very easily, and a surface-level use of MBTI to help quantify and explain those is good enough for me.

So, yeah. I'll be in continual doubt about my type, but I'm not exactly worried about it.