First 12345 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I'll explain, probably in a couple of weeks or so. It can only be administered online, so you'll have to find a practitioner or site who does that (discoveryourpersonality.com is one)
    I did a quick search for "free Step II MBTI" on Google, but didn't find anything yet. A few leads just ended up going to dead links.

Looks like the going price is right under $100.

EDIT:

Found this doc. Somewhat interesting...
    https://www.cpp.com/pdfs/MBTI_FormM_Supp.pdf
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Okay, THAT was amusing. The fourth item on the Google search list about free MBTI step 2 tests, I clicked on without really looking at it, and realized I was back here at TypC.

For a post written in 2007.

By me.

*DOH*

I can't get away!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

You're not going to find it for free. If you do, it's bootleg.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Here's mine:

About the only interesting thing there is the out-of-preference "Reasonable" on the thinking/feeling sub-scales (and the neutral logical/empathetic).

Otherwise, it's all pretty straight-forward.

I used discoveryourpersonality.com, as well (a couple/few years ago).
    That's where you got the result graphs from? Nice! (You wouldn't believe how many people used to ask me where I got mine. Again; it was homemade, to emulate those MyPersonality graphs everyone had in their signature. So it's funny now for me to be asking someone where they got theirs from).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    You're not going to find it for free. If you do, it's bootleg.

That's where you got the result graphs from? (you wouldn;t belive how many people used to ask me where I got mine. Again; it was homemade, to emulate those MyPersonality graphs everyone had in their signature.
    I just whipped those up in OmniGraffle. Seems like it wouldn't be a difficult programming task to do a web-page or something... and then one could take a screen shot—even if one didn't want to do actual gif/jpeg generation. Maybe I'll adapt the code from my Wilde Calculator (no promises, though).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm happy with bootleg. I don't have $100 to pop on a superfluous test.

I did look at my original descriptions from a really old thread on this forum (which I ironically found as yet ANOTHER link on the Google search!) and just guessed at my scores. I assigned stats to either side from 1-10, depending on which I favored.

EXTROVERSION/INTROVERSION
    initiating ........ receiving 8
    3 expressive ..... contained
    gregarious ..... intimate 0
    active ........... reflective 6
    enthusiastic ... quiet 8

SENSING/INTUITION
    concrete ....... abstract 7
    realistic ......... imaginative 4
    practical ........ conceptual 6
    experiential .... theoretical 8
    traditional ...... original 8

THINKING/FEELING
    6 logical ........... empathetic
    8 reasonable ..... compassionate
    questioning .... accomodating 3
    critical ........... accepting 3
    1 tough ............ tender

JUDGING/PERCEIVING
    systematic ....... casual 8
    planful ............. open-ended 8
    early-starting ... pressure-prompted 9
    scheduled ........ spontaneous 9
    methodical ....... emergent 5

I think I score differently than I would have a few years ago -- I'm more practical and also more engaging, and that is partly because I've had to be in order to be successful in life.

Note that actually my J/P is actually the most extreme leaning, which explains to me why I have a lot of trouble working toward goals in a structured fashion. I just don't much like it, but I'm frustrated because I need to do it to get anywhere now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Found an online test for $80 here.

http://testets.com/pages/Tests_by_BRAND_MBTI.html

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Interesting. I've seen it before and I like that it captures all the complex elements of each dichotomy. Some of them I would struggle how to choose between, and I think the T/F division would be the most complicated for me.

To copy Jennifer, I'll estimate what mine would be:

EXTROVERSION/INTROVERSION
    Initiating ........ Receiving 8
    1 Expressive ..... Contained
    2 Gregarious ..... Intimate
    Active ........... Reflective 7
    Enthusiastic ... Quiet 8

SENSING/INTUITION
    Concrete ....... Abstract 8
    Realistic ......... Imaginative 8
    Practical ........ Conceptual 8
    Experiential .... Theoretical 6
    Traditional ...... Original 9

THINKING/FEELING
    6 Logical ........... Empathetic
    3 Reasonable ..... Compassionate
    Questioning .... Accommodating 4
    Critical ........... Accepting 6
    Tough ............ Tender 9

JUDGING/PERCEIVING
    2 Systematic ....... Casual
    Planful ............. Open-ended 8
    Early-starting ... Pressure-prompted 10
    Scheduled ........ Spontaneous 7
    Methodical ....... Emergent 5

Ugh, some of that is really hard.

- With E/I that actually addressed some of contradictory aspects that come from being a social-first introvert. In some ways I'm friendly and sociable, but in others, I'm extremely reserved and prefer solitude. I'm reluctant to call myself gregarious and expressive because I hold back a lot of myself, but I suppose I choose to come across a little like that to other people.
    - As expected the T/F was the hardest, because a lot of the time I wanted to say I'm very much both. I consider myself rather compassionate but am the sort of person that that will put loyalties and sympathies aside to back up a principle. I also am value oriented but apply those values with very logical analysis. The only clear cut division for me was Tough vs. Tender.
    - And even the J/P was a little difficult. I like a sense of order, because my mind is so completely muddled that it makes me feel confused and stressed, and that things are out of my control. It helps to have a systematic approach to bring clarity, so I can feel relaxed and more on top of things. It also doesn't help that I'm incredibly forgetful so I often need to make lists to help me keep on track. At the same time, I go-with-the-flow about most situations and don't identify at all with the J need to have everything nailed down way in advance.

I wonder about the T/F division because there are quite a few people like me that are conflicted about it. I wonder if it's a INXP issue too - as confusion around it seems to be common among us. And looking at the results @SuchIrony @Jennifer and @Eric B it makes me wonder. It would be interesting to compare what sort of patterns are forming. If there were more conflicted Fs it would be even better. @OrangeAppled's input would be good, but she's not around much these days.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

See the second money becomes involved I start getting worried. It just looks like a big ole scam.

If understanding one's own foibles and self were so important, why put a price on it? Just stick annoying adverts on your website like everyone else, or yknow actually PROVE something for once.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think the test is the best one out there. My results are posted in my profile.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Hey, for $25 I'll create MBTI Step IV for everyone. That's $75 cheaper than Step II - what a deal!

And you know it has to be good because it's two greater than four! And with your support of Step IV, I can then fund MBTI Step V research. I've got charts and blind science to back everything up. And who knows, maybe when that's ready, I might even be able to cure cancer for you.

La Viva MBTI Steps! Ultimate knowers of thyself!