• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Asperger's Syndrome and MBTI type.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My brother is an aspie and an INTJ. He's also deaf, which brings another layer of complication... It's interesting how he is so oblivious to social niceties and yet cares deeply for people. Sometimes his consideration, perhaps because it is unexpected, can be overwhelming and takes my breath away. He can be the sweetest or most aggravating person. God I love him. Nothing makes me more wildly protective than seeing him treated poorly. And the sad thing is, the people most likely to do it are his own family. :(

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have aspergers but I have PDD and am IxTP.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So ixtx > ixfx > extx > exfx; inxx > isxx > enxx > esxx;

Sounds about right

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was diagnosed with Aspergers at age 9, and I'm an INFJ. ^^;;

My Fe allows me a higher awareness and consideration of other peoples' emotions and perspectives than Aspies are often given credit for. Same thing for Ni; I actually am pretty good at breaking something down and looking at it from a symbolic perspective.

But let me ask you this; what do you think went through my head when I grew up under the label of a condition commonly said to be literal and socially challenged? I'll give you the short version: I ended up suppressing my own strengths. This led to a long-standing inferiority complex throughout my late childhood up until when I began college. When I went through college, I realized that my perspective and the conclusions I had drawn about reality were NOT wrong. This allowed me to begin to blossom more as a person and begin making steps to reach self-actualization.

The kicker? Hehe, get this; I've heard some people say that's impossible for INFJs to have Aspergers because it's the complete opposite of Aspergers.

BULL

EFFING

CRAP

*drops mic*

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
My brother is INTJ and I question whether he has asbergers. What are signs of Asperger's? I gave him a few tests online and he scored negative for aspergers though.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My brother is INTJ and I question whether he has asbergers. What are signs of Asperger's? I gave him a few tests online and he scored negative for aspergers though.

I don't have aspergers either but I have some of the symptoms so he as well as me probably have PDD (Progression Development Disorder), aspergers in a much lower manifestation. Symptoms include low social adaptability, ritualistic behavior, stunted emotional expression, and thinking in images rather than words, to name a few, which of course I have the first 3 of the 4 mentioned symptoms but just mildly.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't have aspergers either but I have some of the symptoms so he as well as me probably have PDD (Progression Development Disorder), aspergers in a much lower manifestation. Symptoms include low social adaptability, ritualistic behavior, stunted emotional expression, and thinking in images rather than words, to name a few, which of course I have the first 3 of the 4 mentioned symptoms but just mildly.

I've had people say that he has Asberger's. I just don't know. He was def until he was like 8 years old and then had to be in emotionally handicapped classes after that so I just don't know.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think this INT thing with aspies is that they are actually IST's more often(more likely ISTJ), but their S is disassociated from their other processes and falsely test as INTs. its common for people with aspergers to be really focused on details of external world, so much focused that it draws all their energy and cant properly distinguish 'what is'(due to the disassociation of S).

the idea of aspergers is that different brain regions arent first of all communicating with each other properly(some areas lack proper connection and some areas have really strong connections), some areas are poorly developed(not much processing power) or are really strongly developed(and try to do processes with the developed areas that arent usual for them, for example reading with visual cortex, while normal people transport the visual imaginery from text to other areas which process the reading).

i have heard of 3 basic types of personalities in autism;

-photo-realistic; thinks in static images

-music, mathematic; thinks in visual patterns, are naturally good at music and some types of math

-word-logic; is good at names and statistics

photo-realistic type is afaik the most common with aspergers, i think this is the typical ISTP aspie who often gets confused with INTP, but visual cortex playing a big role(and at least one case of these had a super strong wiring to areas involved with Ti and really crap on opposite Fi side), which is not common for INTPs, but is related to Se. i think because of the typical ISTP attitude of paying attention to details in external world, gets dimmed due to the intensity of how external world is perceived, creates similar voluntary disassociation of the objects that INTPs generally have, so these types look like INTPs often. i also think that people with autism experience their unconscious mind much differently than healthy people do and live much more of the life of the unconscious, not because it would be larger necessarily, but because the confusion it evokes is much greater(due to it not being compatible with the external world), thus it feels more intense and distracting(which also might make them seem as INTPs, but its actually the Ni playing role here).

music, mathematic is most likely closest to INTJ

word-logic is most likely closest to ISTJ

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My brother is an aspie and an INTJ. He's also deaf, which brings another layer of complication... It's interesting how he is so oblivious to social niceties and yet cares deeply for people. Sometimes his consideration, perhaps because it is unexpected, can be overwhelming and takes my breath away. He can be the sweetest or most aggravating person. God I love him. Nothing makes me more wildly protective than seeing him treated poorly. And the sad thing is, the people most likely to do it are his own family. :(

this him being deaf is interesting. there is an theory that autism is actually an, not only physical development, but also psychological development problem. general consensus in this theory is that people with autism are afraid of/ignorant to eye contact as babies, so they get sort of disassociated from other people from early on. now when someone starts to build their mind on this disassociated framework of the world they have, they develop autism like traits. similar traits have been noted on babies who are otherwise healthy, but are blind from birth, thus are in danger of getting disassociated from the world, but which can be prevented by vocal and physical stimulation which can help to connect to people from early on. i wouldnt wonder if being deaf from birth would have similar affect to the psychological development of people in certain environments.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The way it was explained to me, if one can't rely on the social cues that others use to know how to respond to people -- like because there's too much information coming in to sort it out -- then you have no choice but to use logic (T) and make inferences (N) on that basis. This will affect type test results.
But then what type do we say that they are? An S who's mistyped, or is AS simply a factor in them being NT?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The way it was explained to me, if one can't rely on the social cues that others use to know how to respond to people -- like because there's too much information coming in to sort it out -- then you have no choice but to use logic (T) and make inferences (N) on that basis. This will affect type test results.
But then what type do we say that they are? An S who's mistyped, or is AS simply a factor in them being NT?

Good question

Secretsoul

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Well because Aspergers children often have very specific and often pointless interests (the Wikipedia page said as an example they may be very interested in camera models and brands but have no interest in photography at all). This kind of thing is very XNTP I think. A J would mostly have interests which could serve a clear defineable purpose in society.

On a side note, I think I may have low level Aspergers.

I'm an INTJ female with Asperger's. Although "P" would initially come to mind because of the seemingly pointless nature of these obsessions, "J" would make more sense. Asperger's affects how one views the world around them, usually focusing on details vs the whole picture due to the lack of theory of mind. A typical INTJ would figure out a systemic approach to solve a typical problem (i.e. the printing press to alleviate manual manufacturing of books) and cater to the mainstream population. Someone with Asperger's on the other hand, would find building a system to understand ancient cultures or correlations between names of insects, to be very helpful in their world view making little sense to those around them, because the neurotypical world can't see the practical need for such systems. To someone with Asperger's these things are very practical, to someone without it's eccentric.

á´…eparted

passages
I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was 9. One of two things happened 1. I outgrew it, or 2. It was wrong. My therapist feels that I have several aspects of it, and if I do have it, it's extremely well managed. The similarities are with how I process emotions and how I feel them (it's atypical from most). When I was a kid I was a social idiot in many ways. I did not see or get many social cues or rules.

yeghor

I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was 9. One of two things happened 1. I outgrew it, or 2. It was wrong. My therapist feels that I have several aspects of it, and if I do have it, it's extremely well managed. The similarities are with how I process emotions and how I feel them (it's atypical from most). When I was a kid I was a social idiot in many ways. I did not see or get many social cues or rules.

Not getting social cues could be related to having Fi-tert or inferior as a kid...i.e. Fe being one of your weakest (7th or 8th) function... your conscious self at that time may be literally blind to it or unable to capture and process Fe layer...

That may mean you were an xxTJ as a kid then developed an xxTP outer self (i.e. persona) to be able to interact with the world...

Your curent hopes and desires may shed more light on that...

Sent via Tapatalk

yeghor

Those who had Fe-inferior as a kid on the other hand (IxTPs) I guess may have been allergic to overt displays of Fe, which must have caused stress, irritation and fear in them...

Those types I guess in their adult life develop an ExTJ outer layer (persona) to go on about their adult lives...

R

Riva

Not getting social cues could be related to having Fi-tert or inferior as a kid...i.e. Fe being one of your weakest (7th or 8th) function... your conscious self at that time may be literally blind to it or unable to capture and process Fe layer...

That may mean you were an xxTJ as a kid then developed an xxTP outer self (i.e. persona) to be able to interact with the world...

Your curent hopes and desires may shed more light on that...

Sent via Tapatalk

Etjs seem to get social cues pretty well. Either that or are good at learning and reacting to them. Itjs of course (esp intjs) seem to suffer much more or atleast reacting to them.

Those who had Fe-inferior as a kid on the other hand (IxTPs) I guess may have been allergic to overt displays of Fe, which must have caused stress, irritation and fear in them...

Those types I guess in their adult life develop an ExTJ outer layer (persona) to go on about their adult lives...

Agreed.