User Tag List

First 1321222324 Last

Results 221 to 230 of 231

  1. #221
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    bad
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If you look back on our discussion, you will see that I never questioned what now in the above you pretend to be the whole of your argument. The point of contention is whether intending Ti inevitably shows Fe. You know, the big part of my last post you intentionally ignored. The wrong part.

    I take it this retreat means you acknowledge your error.
    I was a bit too quick maybe with my last reply.

    But anyway, I can't go into what "saying hello" means obviously. (I am not going to guess the functions behind various situations, that is a derailment into an endless discussion.)

    You did introduce something else were you say that you could not just misread Ti only as its polar opposite Fe, but also as all other functions (Te, Se). Well, with all the average confusion about the functions obviously. Thats just a practical problem anyway. Also another endless discussion.

    I am just saying that in the ideal case were we would all be "ideal typologists, using the exact same map of functions, where we are not fighting about which function it is", then we still can't say 100% sure which side of the opposite the original intent was.

    But you don't believe that anyway. Up to you what to believe.

  2. #222
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The point of contention is whether intending Ti inevitably shows Fe.
    I didnt read the whole thing, but.. Ti and Fe are different sides of the same coin. I agree that when intending T, there is also a value judgment(F) taking place, even tho its most of the time unconscious. With careful observation(and maybe some knowledge about the person) you can deduce the value judgment that took place when the person decided to encage Ti. It works the same way with Te/Fi as well, Fi decides partly which Te data is worth using. More differentiated the Ti(or Te) is, less it unconsciously follows F.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  3. #223
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I don't know if you've seen female characteristics in Asperger's Syndrome. They're different from aspie men.

    I've come to realize that I am an INFP Aspie.

    You should check out these websites:
    help4aspergers.com - List of Female Asperger traits
    Aspergers Traits In Girls | WillowHope - Asperger Syndrome Blogger

  4. #224
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almendracg View Post
    I don't know if you've seen female characteristics in Asperger's Syndrome. They're different from aspie men.

    I've come to realize that I am an INFP Aspie.

    You should check out these websites:
    help4aspergers.com - List of Female Asperger traits
    Aspergers Traits In Girls | WillowHope - Asperger Syndrome Blogger
    professional or self dx?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #225
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    My mother tried to get me diagnosed with it once, but no that is one label I do not carry.

    I could see it being tied to TJ. But I have known a few people with it, and I am not really sure if I would be able to determine a type for them. It seems all over the board. Traits could be associated with certain functions, but I am not sure if it really actually translates or just seems to.

  6. #226
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Yeah, I was diagnosed with Asperger's a while back. Many of the features resonate with me, but due to a lack of consensus among "professionals", I don't really take the label too seriously.

  7. #227
    Member LovelySweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I have interaction every day with two ESFJ Aspergers individuals. I think all types can equally have aspergers...but maybe certain types have more difficulty due to it accentuating aspergers traits.
    Likes hecait liked this post

  8. #228
    Member LovelySweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    It's a bit hard to describe, but I'll try. The biggest thing that happens, is how persistent they can linger. Say for example, someone were to yell at me for something I did wrong. Like, suddenly out of the blue. I didn't see it coming. You know that initial "shock" feeling you get? That will keep firing, and firing, and firing over and over again. I have to strain to not bend over and hyperventilate from that going off excessively. It's almost like it's on a tape loop and I can't get out of it. It can last for a few seconds or minutes. The aftermath of it too will persist. Sometimes, I'll be unable to get past that physical sensation of the emotion. I'm really sensitive to failure and shame, and that's what triggers it most often.

    If I fail something, that initial gut viceral feeling will hit me, and for most people it will fade (and sometimes it will fade "normally" for me too these excessive "firings" don't always happen). However, sometimes that physical feeling of the emotions will persist for hours with little fading. What makes it confusing, and sometimes worse than the initial start of it. I'll mentally work it out, and totally get it. I won't have any issues over it anymore. Yet, I'll still have that gut physical feeling of the emotion. I have no mental aspect of it anymore, but I still feel it. It's really confusing. I'll think to myself "I'm over it, why do I still feel this?! AHHH." and it can create its own stress from that alone. Because I no longer have any mental aspect of it, I can't get rid of the feeling anymore by using mental things. In effect, it will get "stuck". At worst this can last for days. It's not usually a strong physical sensation like initial shocks are, but it can keep going and going causing stress that I have no cognitive way to stop. Eventually it will go away on its own.

    In essence, my emotions will over respond sometimes, or they will separate from the mental aspect of it and become nothing more than the bodily reaction to an emotion, which is just plain confusing and stressful.
    Thank you for this description! I see this happening everyday with my ESFJ Aspergers family members (I have two)...and this makes complete sense! It's nice to have an explanation of how they may be feeling...

  9. #229
    Member LovelySweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    Really weird kid but really cool. Do not ever argue with him, though. My god is it wearisome.
    Absolutely. My advice when communicating with a person with aspergers... and you feel an argument brewing ...hold off for a few hours till everyone has a chance to figure out what they are trying to say. I know it sounds obvious for the nts...but especially important for aspergers.

  10. #230
    noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH Mademoiselle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Well, it's kinda inaccurate to say so.

    Personality has types, MBTI is one if the systems to type NORMAL human personalities, including normal brains and normal mental health, which is all about the most common rates of many traits.

    However, mental illnes has many types and obviously in Asperger's the patients (individuals with markable different rates of certain traits) are still able to perform enough tasks for some of their personality to be expressed, somehow.

    This doesn't mean they have a personality type because we can't tell because they're not able to express it.. Because it's not working normally as it has to be.

    Got little emotional up there, couldn't put it any better.

    The point is we cannot type them. All we can say is that they perform closely to a certain MBTI type.
    If you only know what I mean.

    Otherwise it sounds like some fake commercial or misleading title.
    This is offensive.

Similar Threads

  1. Lolz Disney Movies and MBTI Type
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 11-08-2015, 01:22 AM
  2. MMORPG's (WoW, Guild Wars, etc.) and MBTI types
    By Maverick in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 10:18 AM
  3. Smiling in Pictures and MBTI Type
    By thirtyfour in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 11:08 PM
  4. Big 5 and MBTI type
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 10:14 AM
  5. Functions and MBTI types getting along
    By alcea rosea in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO