User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I understand that. I know I appear Te, but I am not a Te dominant (I WISH I was). It wouldn't be the first time I was called a T user and not an F user. Curiously, it seems like every time that this happens it's an F user claiming it.

You're understanding of the function is not clear enough to declare this about me.
    As a Fe-aux? I guess I have at least some understanding of it... but I can see how I may be coming across as irritating and persistent...so I don't have anything more to say on it... just give it a thought please...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    As a Fe-aux? I guess I have at least some understanding of it... but I can see how I may be coming across as irritating and persistent...so I don't have anything more to say on it... just give it a thought please...
    I have, you mentioned it a while ago. I determined that it's not right, which is what I am trying to tell you. Maybe in the future something will happen with me that will make me have to question my self perception, but as of now that has not happened.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Just curious; how do you know he's ISFJ?
    Him saying so. And it fits very well. He's very J, very SJ. Very strong contrast to NP.

If it's strong Si, then for an INTP with AS, this will not only be strong as it is ("tertiary temptation"), but will look even stronger because of that "concrete" focus.

Continuing to reflect on this stuff, I also think part of the problem is thinking of the functions as things we "use". Fe isn't really "picking up social cues". That's a single trait, that may stem from a functional perspective, but is not exclusive to one. (It can come with Se or even Si as well).
    So what you said is correct; it's a focus on "relationships between people".
    And then "not picking up social cues" is also likely a trait, that occurs in AS, but is not necessarily a defining factor. It just happens that most Aspies are NT's, so their lack of certain S and F skills becomes magnified. AS is essentially a sensory overload that will play out that way for NT's (like emotions are a form of sensation, so as Aspies often report, they feel overwhelmed by them; and thus T will feel like a much "safer" realm for them). I guess SF Aspies might be able to handle the emotions better, but have other problems, and probably find themselves in a bind with S activities; having trouble processing the data (like physical stuff), but nevertheless be more willing to keep trying; or at least find some other way to handle S data.
    Yeah, exactly. Though he hates emotions, they overwhelm him when they're strong. But he's good with relationships... he's good at relating with people, working with people, encouraging people, being aware of people behavior, understanding internal drive. As far as I can tell with him Se data can easily become overwhelming since he can't really control or mediate it, whereas Si data is a lot easier because he can control how he takes it in and uses it, and since it's more "storage"-y in nature it doesn't really present the danger of "taking over" his present experience like Ne or Se can.

I wish I could get him interested in the forum so he could talk about this himself, I feel like my explanations are mediocre at best!

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Him saying so. And it fits very well. He's very J, very SJ. Very strong contrast to NP.

Yeah, exactly. Though he hates emotions, they overwhelm him when they're strong. But he's good with relationships... he's good at relating with people, working with people, encouraging people, being aware of people behavior, understanding internal drive. As far as I can tell with him Se data can easily become overwhelming since he can't really control or mediate it, whereas Si data is a lot easier because he can control how he takes it in and uses it, and since it's more "storage"-y in nature it doesn't really present the danger of "taking over" his present experience like Ne or Se can.

I wish I could get him interested in the forum so he could talk about this himself, I feel like my explanations are mediocre at best!
    Being overwhelmed with Se data may point to Se-inferior...INxJ...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Being overwhelmed with Se data may point to Se-inferior...INxJ...
    True, though he is diagnosed with sensory processing disorder, so I'm more inclined to relate it to that and believe his self-typing.

Quote Originally Posted by webmd
    Some people with sensory processing disorder are oversensitive to things in their environment. Common sounds may be painful or overwhelming. The light touch of a shirt may chafe the skin [...] In some children, for example, the sound of a leaf blower outside the window may cause them to vomit or dive under the table. They may scream when touched. They may recoil from the textures of certain foods.

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    True, though he is diagnosed with sensory processing disorder, so I'm more inclined to relate it to that and believe his self-typing.
    Yeah, MBTI type/cognitive processes do not explain everything, - always useful to remember this IMO.

(and hmm, I'd never heard of sensory processing disorder, I'm wondering if it might explain some things about my partner's grandma .... off to read up on it)

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

When I was 8, my cousin and I were jumping on the trampoline while fireworks were going off in the backyard for the fourth of July. All I had on was a massively oversized football jersey, and as it turned out, I failed to put underwear on underneath. Eventually, it stopped and everyone started to go inside (a lot of my family was there with us). We were all being loud and having fun and at the end of it everyone was then quiet, and I was dissapointed by that. I want everyone to still have fun and be laughing, and I couldn't seem to get it going, so I thought of something funny that I could do. So, I run in front of everyone and shout "may I have your attention please!" and I lift up my jersey, and flash everyone buck naked. Everyone laughed and was like "oh god", and my mother ran forward, scooped me up, and took me inside to scold me. She said "you can't do that! That's innappropriate!". To this day, I still remember staring at her blank faced confused. I didn't get it, I was unable to see how what I did was wrong. It didn't compute in my head. I kept asking her why, and every time she reexplained it I just didn't "get it", all I could do was just suck it in that people disliked it, and I couldn't do that, even if it didn't make a lick of sense.

That's fucking hilarious.

You weren't in the wrong.

You were a fucking 8 yr old.

Maybe a little old to be doing that.

But it sounds like everyone thought it was funny.

There's nothing inherently wrong about what you did.

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

No I was actually really Fe as a child. Just because I was socially daft with things, didn't mean that I was robotic or had bad intentions. I'll highlight what I mean.

When I was 8, my cousin and I were jumping on the trampoline while fireworks were going off in the backyard for the fourth of July. All I had on was a massively oversized football jersey, and as it turned out, I failed to put underwear on underneath. Eventually, it stopped and everyone started to go inside (a lot of my family was there with us). We were all being loud and having fun and at the end of it everyone was then quiet, and I was dissapointed by that. I want everyone to still have fun and be laughing, and I couldn't seem to get it going, so I thought of something funny that I could do. So, I run in front of everyone and shout "may I have your attention please!" and I lift up my jersey, and flash everyone buck naked. Everyone laughed and was like "oh god", and my mother ran forward, scooped me up, and took me inside to scold me. She said "you can't do that! That's innappropriate!". To this day, I still remember staring at her blank faced confused. I didn't get it, I was unable to see how what I did was wrong. It didn't compute in my head. I kept asking her why, and every time she reexplained it I just didn't "get it", all I could do was just suck it in that people disliked it, and I couldn't do that, even if it didn't make a lick of sense.

Thats kind of what I mean by socially dumb. I was a very social person, and quite friendly, I just made mistakes with it when I didn't understand the rules of engagement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    But it sounds like everyone thought it was funny.
    Hard, Zarathustra's comment gets at something that came to my mind when reading your description. It seems to me that what you did was quite Fe-heavy in that you correctly "read" what would get the people laughing - you were were accurate in your assessment of what "something funny" would be in that group. This seems like an orientation to the local collective tone/energy/vibe/values, which as I understand it is very Fe. The difficulty you faced was conflicting value sets - one in which what you did was funny in the local collective context, and one in which what you did was seen as inappropriate. You were correct in your reading of the local environment, but understandably as a child hadn't figured out the other (larger/broader maybe) set of values your mother brought in. Does that seem at all accurate to you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Holy thread necromancy batman!
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    yupp

my best friend is ESFP and has asperger's but the thing is the average person wouldn't be able to tell, because he is so ESFP, but he is very unaware. He thinks he has a job as a bus boy, and it's a busy time of year and they keep saying they don't need him but will call him in a month which everyone else realizes he probably doesn't have the job anymore. He can look at patterns memorize them in 30 seconds and never have to look at them again. We were watching cadfael and there were suppose to be 94 bodies, he counted 95 in ten seconds. He doesn't get the cue that he should go home, you have to straight up say, it's time to go home. Being like I'm going to bed, or something similar he'll sit there and not leave even after everyone else has gone to bed. but he is very image conscious very idealistic notices things no one else does. he loves design, he knits lace. ect. He is very social and will talk to anyone, infact sometimes you can't get him to shut up. He'll overshare and it's stuff that he probably shouldn't be sharing, like self incriminating stuff. So he has aspie traits along with ESFP traits, it interested to watch him. But he is the most awesome person I have ever met. He'll ask me over the phone which pants he should wear, and it's like I dunno I can't see them. He'll change his outfit like 5 times in a row, will wear extremely uncomfortable shoes because the comfortable ones don't go with is outfit. He'll show up unexpectly and no matter how many times you tell him to call first, he doesn't get it.

can not stand being by himself
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes LovelySweet liked this post