User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

EDIT: wrong thread.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by raindancing View Post
    My brother is an aspie and an INTJ. He's also deaf, which brings another layer of complication... It's interesting how he is so oblivious to social niceties and yet cares deeply for people. Sometimes his consideration, perhaps because it is unexpected, can be overwhelming and takes my breath away. He can be the sweetest or most aggravating person. God I love him. Nothing makes me more wildly protective than seeing him treated poorly. And the sad thing is, the people most likely to do it are his own family.
    this him being deaf is interesting. there is an theory that autism is actually an, not only physical development, but also psychological development problem. general consensus in this theory is that people with autism are afraid of/ignorant to eye contact as babies, so they get sort of disassociated from other people from early on. now when someone starts to build their mind on this disassociated framework of the world they have, they develop autism like traits. similar traits have been noted on babies who are otherwise healthy, but are blind from birth, thus are in danger of getting disassociated from the world, but which can be prevented by vocal and physical stimulation which can help to connect to people from early on. i wouldnt wonder if being deaf from birth would have similar affect to the psychological development of people in certain environments.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The way it was explained to me, if one can't rely on the social cues that others use to know how to respond to people -- like because there's too much information coming in to sort it out -- then you have no choice but to use logic (T) and make inferences (N) on that basis. This will affect type test results.
    But then what type do we say that they are? An S who's mistyped, or is AS simply a factor in them being NT?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The way it was explained to me, if one can't rely on the social cues that others use to know how to respond to people -- like because there's too much information coming in to sort it out -- then you have no choice but to use logic (T) and make inferences (N) on that basis. This will affect type test results.
    But then what type do we say that they are? An S who's mistyped, or is AS simply a factor in them being NT?
    Good question

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

http://sites.google.com/site/gavinbo...sonality-Types

Here are some interesting stats on aspergers MBTI correlation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Well because Aspergers children often have very specific and often pointless interests (the Wikipedia page said as an example they may be very interested in camera models and brands but have no interest in photography at all). This kind of thing is very XNTP I think. A J would mostly have interests which could serve a clear defineable purpose in society.

On a side note, I think I may have low level Aspergers.
    I'm an INTJ female with Asperger's. Although "P" would initially come to mind because of the seemingly pointless nature of these obsessions, "J" would make more sense. Asperger's affects how one views the world around them, usually focusing on details vs the whole picture due to the lack of theory of mind. A typical INTJ would figure out a systemic approach to solve a typical problem (i.e. the printing press to alleviate manual manufacturing of books) and cater to the mainstream population. Someone with Asperger's on the other hand, would find building a system to understand ancient cultures or correlations between names of insects, to be very helpful in their world view making little sense to those around them, because the neurotypical world can't see the practical need for such systems. To someone with Asperger's these things are very practical, to someone without it's eccentric.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was 9. One of two things happened 1. I outgrew it, or 2. It was wrong. My therapist feels that I have several aspects of it, and if I do have it, it's extremely well managed. The similarities are with how I process emotions and how I feel them (it's atypical from most). When I was a kid I was a social idiot in many ways. I did not see or get many social cues or rules.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was 9. One of two things happened 1. I outgrew it, or 2. It was wrong. My therapist feels that I have several aspects of it, and if I do have it, it's extremely well managed. The similarities are with how I process emotions and how I feel them (it's atypical from most). When I was a kid I was a social idiot in many ways. I did not see or get many social cues or rules.
    Not getting social cues could be related to having Fi-tert or inferior as a kid...i.e. Fe being one of your weakest (7th or 8th) function... your conscious self at that time may be literally blind to it or unable to capture and process Fe layer...

That may mean you were an xxTJ as a kid then developed an xxTP outer self (i.e. persona) to be able to interact with the world...

Your curent hopes and desires may shed more light on that...

Sent via Tapatalk

Those who had Fe-inferior as a kid on the other hand (IxTPs) I guess may have been allergic to overt displays of Fe, which must have caused stress, irritation and fear in them...

Those types I guess in their adult life develop an ExTJ outer layer (persona) to go on about their adult lives...

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Not getting social cues could be related to having Fi-tert or inferior as a kid...i.e. Fe being one of your weakest (7th or 8th) function... your conscious self at that time may be literally blind to it or unable to capture and process Fe layer...

That may mean you were an xxTJ as a kid then developed an xxTP outer self (i.e. persona) to be able to interact with the world...

Your curent hopes and desires may shed more light on that...

Sent via Tapatalk
    Etjs seem to get social cues pretty well. Either that or are good at learning and reacting to them. Itjs of course (esp intjs) seem to suffer much more or atleast reacting to them.

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Those who had Fe-inferior as a kid on the other hand (IxTPs) I guess may have been allergic to overt displays of Fe, which must have caused stress, irritation and fear in them...

Those types I guess in their adult life develop an ExTJ outer layer (persona) to go on about their adult lives...
    Agreed.