First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by GentJon View Post
    I'm the ISFP with Asperger's that bumped this thread yesterday. I'm not nearly as into personality typing as a lot of you all are. I don't quite get all of the acronyms and jargon, and personality typing is probably more of an art than a science, contrary to how you all probably try to see it. Maybe that's not the best opinion to have to make friends here, but that's really how I see it.
    I don't see how saying that would alienate any friends here. All the MBTI bashing I've been doing, about how it is non-empirical religious dogma, is far more likely to alienate others.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ

Asperger's syndrome is a condition. AS can happen to any personality type.
    Likes Himeko009 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Here's what I now think happens with AS.

Just like there is hypersensitivity to physical stimuli, there is also hypersensitivity to emotion. They probably have problems with ego-boundaries, which result in emotional lability. (AS routines and intense interests provide the "structure" people with poor boundaries need).

What happens, is the ego constantly feels it's being dissolved; its boundaries are being breached. This is what constellates the shadow complexes, particularly the Demonic complex, which is involved with ego-destruction, and associates with the "8th function" (shadow of inferior; opposite function in the dominant attitude).
    The person then seems to "use" out of place functions, and has more of a difficulty fitting a type. So NTP's feel they "use" a lot of Fi, and might be NFP. There were one or two other NTP's here, who testified to having AS, and also struggled with the T/F preference, so it would be interesting to see if they can identify with any of this.
    I imagine INTJ's might have a lot of bad feelings with Si data, and think they might be S's.

It creates a feeling of trauma, in addition to the genuine pain from being misunderstood, rejected, censured, etc. by other people. Donald Kalsched's concepts of the deep shadow complexes associated them with trauma such as PTSD. But trauma is not just sudden large damage, but also can be small and gradual.

The damage might be more imagined/feared than real. Still, this does seem to "trigger" the shadows, as it is commonly put, and cause a-typical behavior for the type.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Neveraskedtobeborn View Post
    Asperger's syndrome is a condition. AS can happen to any personality type.
    I doubt it'd happen to a Fe dominant. It's a contradiction in terms (if you accept both as true).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

If what I'm thinking is true, and AS involves simply a weakened ego structure, then that would have little to do with Fe as we discuss it. Perhaps Fe might help them hide it or deal with it better (just as I've heard that women with AS are better able to hide it, due to the different social expectations on mean and women). Perhaps they are even less likely to realize they have the condition.
    I don't think I've seen any Fe doms. testify to it, but there was at least one IxFJ on one of the forums who did.

It seems mostly N's and T's are affected by it, so it becomes familiarly characterized by NT traits, and since it involves a frail ego, the N and T preferences are greatly enforced to protect the ego, so Sensing and Feeling products then become further suppressed (at the same time as the person being so hypersensitive to them in the first place. The ego then fights extra hard to suppress them).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    question for INTJ aspies, what do you guys think about your tert Fi?

i know a really sweet kid with asperger's. i don't think he lacks empathy. i do think he has a problem communicating empathy, however. and by "problem" i simply mean "doesn't do it like most other people".

good luck for your son, Ivy
    I empathize with people and have a tough time communicating it. I'm not emotional at all, but feel very deeply, and care very much for those around me. I don't have asperger's, though. I think Eric B's theories in the post above mine make a lot of sense.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Here's what I now think happens with AS.

Just like there is hypersensitivity to physical stimuli, there is also hypersensitivity to emotion. They probably have problems with ego-boundaries, which result in emotional lability. (AS routines and intense interests provide the "structure" people with poor boundaries need).

What happens, is the ego constantly feels it's being dissolved; its boundaries are being breached. This is what constellates the shadow complexes, particularly the Demonic complex, which is involved with ego-destruction, and associates with the "8th function" (shadow of inferior; opposite function in the dominant attitude).
    The person then seems to "use" out of place functions, and has more of a difficulty fitting a type. So NTP's feel they "use" a lot of Fi, and might be NFP. There were one or two other NTP's here, who testified to having AS, and also struggled with the T/F preference, so it would be interesting to see if they can identify with any of this.
    I imagine INTJ's might have a lot of bad feelings with Si data, and think they might be S's.

It creates a feeling of trauma, in addition to the genuine pain from being misunderstood, rejected, censured, etc. by other people. Donald Kalsched's concepts of the deep shadow complexes associated them with trauma such as PTSD. But trauma is not just sudden large damage, but also can be small and gradual.

The damage might be more imagined/feared than real. Still, this does seem to "trigger" the shadows, as it is commonly put, and cause a-typical behavior for the type.
    This is good stuff.

I'd be interested in hearing what else you may have come up with/learned about this subject.

Any links?

MBTI
    xSFP
    Enneagram
    7?

There was recent news that a scientific study using one of those scans showed that Asperger's or Autism (sorry, can't remember, maybe both) people have more brain cells in one part of the brain. Can somebody who hasn't already been on the computer too long today find it?

About labels: In researching Asperger's for the first time, a few weeks ago, I learned about "face blindness." It's the inability to remember or reconstruct in your mind the face of someone you've met, even been around many times, sometimes even your friends or family.

All these years I've beaten myself up about this, shouted to myself in my mind to PAY MORE ATTENTION! I've been embarassed to come up to someone on my street or at church or wherever and not remember them on sight. Now, with the label, I can be easier on myself, and I may start telling people when I meet them. There are also ways to deal with it. But just not despising myself for not being able to remember is great.

I also have the characteristic that I can't lie, even to put off a stalker.
    ********* Alphabet soup--trying to find the right four letters **********

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    This is good stuff.

I'd be interested in hearing what else you may have come up with/learned about this subject.

Any links?
    I'm just now reaching these conclusions based on stuff I've gathered from different sources.
    Here's one where Beebe reviews a book by Kalsched on trauma, and argues for multiple shadow complexes:
    http://www.global-elite.org/MKUltra/...%20Trauma.html

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK, correction; I've spoken with someone knowledgeable on the subject, and it's not weak ego boundaries. It's simply what was stated before; that the feelings are too big for the situation at hand, and this is due to the sensory system not regulating itself the way it should. The sensory system and the emotions are in fact directly connected, as emotions are body experiences (I never thought of it like that).
    So it would still stand that this will make the ego feel threatened (ordinary frustrations can produce same kinds of feelings as a horrific tragedy), and thus constellate shadow complexes/functions more readily.

Type Ideas