User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Which "T" type would seem the most "feelery-ish"?

You know how it's been said ENTP/ENFP are the two types that are most commonly mistaken as introverts? (That is, they don't always come off as stereotypical extroverts).

And then I think I also heard that ENTJs were the most sensor-like N type.

Which think-type(s) would perhaps seem the most feely?

Oh, and obviously we'll assume that all the MBTI letter-traits are equally present (an INTP is 100% I, N, T & P and ESTJ is 100% E, S, T & J....) So don't say "An INTP with only 54% T will seem more feelerish than any other T type with 90% T."

*I know this isn't a scientific question, and the generalities certainly aren't exclusive/always applicable to the mentioned types.*
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Probably not ESTJ or ENTJ.

And likely not INTJ or ISTJ (although some passive ISTJ males can exude some negative feeling traits).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

ExTP, maybe.

Male ENTPs followed ESTPs without a doubt. Tert Fe in males can come across as extremely caring and affectionate. It can be a ruse, but is often very, very real and strongly felt-it is as authentic a feeling of caring and devotion as anything a "feeler" might do. When held this closely, the older EXTPs can be very good leaders, if they can make sure to keep thinking logically, and be okay working with TJs.

It also can give some of them feminine aspects of personality to the point where I have questioned their sexual orientation.

(However IXTJs can be damned whiny human beings,when under stress, as Jennifer points out, showing aspects of negative tert Fi.)

MBTI
    ENTP

I was thinking about the E_TPs, too. That tertiary Fe does it.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The "I" basically reins in the display of social affinity; "E" wields it as a tool.

And, if function theory is right, there's a difference between how teritary vs inferior Fe would be used.

I haven't really noticed ESTP guys as feminine, though. When they are dedicated to a group or relationship, they do exude a sense of comraderie and warmth. I think male ENTPs are "fuzzier" and more apt to put off the weird gender read... although female ENTPs are apt to seem more masculine than the "average" female in terms of their drive and directness.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^^I must say it also makes them quite sexy and seductive as well...both the men and the women although I may have fallen prey to the testosterone laden variety....

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Male ENTPs followed ESTPs without a doubt. Tert Fe in males can come across as extremely caring and affectionate. It can be a ruse, but is often very, very real and strongly felt-it is as authentic a feeling of caring and devotion as anything a "feeler" might do. When held this closely, the older EXTPs can be very good leaders, if they can make sure to keep thinking logically, and be okay working with TJs.
    I've always been a very loving person, despite being logical and analytical. My life got waaaaay better as I more thoroughly developed my Fe. I'm actually a better decision maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    It also can give some of them feminine aspects of personality to the point where I have questioned their sexual orientation.
    Other things besides Fe can do that too. For instance, men who dress well can be suspected of being gay/bisexual. So can men with great physiques. I've dealt with this since I was 20, it happens, no big deal, just let them know you are straight and they laugh, politely finish talking with you and go their way. I never thought being considerate or being able to express feelings was a trigger to be considered of an alternative sexual orientation. Should men just go back to being violent barbarians?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I've always been a very loving person, despite being logical and analytical. My life got waaaaay better as I more thoroughly developed my Fe. I'm actually a better decision maker.

Other things besides Fe can do that too. For instance, men who dress well can be suspected of being gay/bisexual. So can men with great physiques. I've dealt with this since I was 20, it happens, no big deal, just let them know you are straight and they laugh, politely finish talking with you and go their way. I never thought being considerate or being able to express feelings was a trigger to be considered of an alternative sexual orientation. Should men just go back to being violent barbarians?
    For decisions I think it is a combo of using the Ti logic, but combining it with the deep caring for the larger group of people that makes EXTPs good leaders and compassionate.

I have seen some EXTPs who take Fe to an extreme and in a very heavy Te meeting or organization, they will not discuss logical flaws in a plan as the Te users can seem so dominating. My ENTP friend says that Fe feels like a gag, a mute button, that prevents her from actually saying the Ti thoughts in her head-even if what the other person is saying is totally flawed and potentially will lead to bad consequences. She has to fight her own Fe to speak up, knowing the other people cannot see what she sees. But it is very hard to do so.

As for sexual expression, what i see is kind of beyond displays of emotional caring. Halla you often remind me of my favorite ENTPs who is very kind and cares very deeply for others-but isnt really feminine. You can see the Fe impose great amounts of stress on him when people are in conflict, but he is actually quite masculine. Devoted is the best word I can find to describe him. A truly wonderful man. But like a teddy bear?

The ones I note the feminine mannerisms are in our sales team. They go tie shopping together, have very high pitched voices and gesture very extravegently. They dress superbly and are...well....kinda prissy? One entp only drinks these very odd fruity martini drinks that cost $15 each...and only wears these specific white shirts that cost $150 bucks each. They are VERY touchy, to the point they make me uncomfortable and I confuse it for flirtation, yet they are all married with kids. So I dunno...They are good guys mostly, but distinctly on the other side of metrosexual. But this is just what I have seen and may not be a global trend.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

^Orobas, I absolutely love your responses to my earlier statements.
    You're one of the few people that can write out function-definition-speakology that I easily comprehend, props to you for that, I appreciate it.

Devoted teddy bear, yet masculine? Hell yeah! What a great combo of traits!

Your definition of the "metro" sales guys clarifies where the "line of division" is with regard to Te. I like a nice necktie just like any other young, aspiring executive, but won't be caught dead drinking fruity-froo drinks. Got it!

Have a great day, Ms. Awesome!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro