User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 56

  1. #31
    Reptilian Snuggletron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    10
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    It's funny you say ENTJs are the most 'sensor-y' of all the N-types, because I've always believed that ISFPs were the most intuitive-looking of all the S-types.

    As for the original question, I'd say the thinker with the lowest T-pref.

  2. #32
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Fi generally wants group harmony too, but only if the group isn't violating our ideals... in which case we don't mind a little conflict first, and once things are set straight, then we can work on harmony. we figure harmony can be sacrificed temporarily for the long-term greater good. Fe would probably rather wait things out a little while longer and work things out more discreetly to maintain harmony.

    and Fi is just not as good at group monitoring as Fe, so try as we might, we really can't do as good a job.

    it's an interesting dichotomy because Fe generally comes off warmer and more welcoming than Fi, because it's more of an active thing. Fi's warmth is more passive - it's more like acceptance than welcoming. a key difference is also that Fe can turn that warmth off and become very cold and passive, while Fi will get angry and active.

    so anyway, what i think this all means is that T types with Fe can read as very feelery-ish, even though they're not, but it'll probably only come in spurts. immature Fe can be really good at hitting someone where it hurts and/or is the most embarrassing, and can be good at ostracizing. like magister was pointing out, immature/not-well-or-often-used Fi will probably manifest more in occasional bouts of intense personal feeling or stubbornness over beliefs. Fe is more likely to show feelings for someone, but not change their own internal state, while Fi is more likely to mirror others' internal states.
    There are a couple of ENTP females on this very forum who are frequently in vent, and strike me as warm, almost-feelerish people, to the point of questioning "are you an ENFP?" (no, in both cases).

    There's also an ENTP male who-shall-not-be-named (presently not)here who employs a great deal of Fe maneuvering in his, ahem, arguments.

    Even though IxTJs have that tert Fi, they still come off as pretty cold when they aren't tuned into that Fi, so I'm going to say absolutely not on them...because the tert Fe in ExTPs is more "open" and therefore seems more feeler-y.

    I don't know why people are saying ENTJ. I think that's just crazy sauce. They might come across as more sensor-y because of strong tert Se and their Te dom need to accomplish things externally, but I wouldn't say they're the most feeler-ish.

  3. #33
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Why males?

    And why is caring and affectionate seen as "feelery-ish"? F doesn't mean emotive, it means basing decisions on feelings.
    the OP lacked a bit in Ti style precision. He said "feely" which kind of indicates the emo qualities you see in Feelers, but I can see discussing it from multiple frameworks.

    I wrote a bunch of stuff but deleted it as you are asking an interesting question....

    When people use the Fe judging function they "feel" compassionate from my Fi perspective. I assume non-deceit and thus "see" compassion and caring. Knowing a bit more about Fe nowdays, I recognize that it may be used as a tool or mask, covering other underlying objectives, but my mantra is "always assume the best intent", so I assume caring.

    What is the goal/objective/desire...damn..the libido of the feeling functions? My Fi cares about people. If you see Fi it is real and it is typically compassionate in its objectives.

    In an ENFP-Id expect we look all emo-y with Fi, but our acts of compassion are actually enveloped in Te. The true compassion is the act of service or offering of advice we give to the other person to help them help themselves...so compassion but in a Te mode, so it may not look at all feely. It may even look harsh as we are giving them advice that may be painful in the moment...yet is meant to push them harder....to help them help themselves...

    neat thoughts....(sorry for the babble)

  4. #34
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    the OP lacked a bit in Ti style precision. He said "feely" which kind of indicates the emo qualities you see in Feelers, but I can see discussing it from multiple frameworks.
    Ahh, that answers why you spoke specifically of men, despite the user name the OP is actually a female

  5. #35
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    ExTx can be outwardly quite emotional, I mean, expressive
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  6. #36
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    ETPs might be more outwardly feelery, but ITJs are the ones who really cry at night under their money pillows.

  7. #37
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    You know how it's been said ENTP/ENFP are the two types that are most commonly mistaken as introverts? (That is, they don't always come off as stereotypical extroverts).

    And then I think I also heard that ENTJs were the most sensor-like N type.

    Which think-type(s) would perhaps seem the most feely?

    Oh, and obviously we'll assume that all the MBTI letter-traits are equally present (an INTP is 100% I, N, T & P and ESTJ is 100% E, S, T & J....) So don't say "An INTP with only 54% T will seem more feelerish than any other T type with 90% T."

    *I know this isn't a scientific question, and the generalities certainly aren't exclusive/always applicable to the mentioned types.*
    IP.
    E may give the aura (=impression) of more feeling. But that is demonstration only.

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    ETPs might be more outwardly feelery, but ITJs are the ones who really cry at night under their money pillows.
    I suspect this as well.

  9. #39
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    ETPs might be more outwardly feelery, but ITJs are the ones who really cry at night under their money pillows.
    I suspect this as well.
    There is something to this. I, for one, cannot imagine doing it in less guarded circumstances.

  10. #40
    Junior Member La de Longe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I had an ESTJ housemate last year who had more emotional blowups than I've ever seen anyone have in my life. She also cried more than I anybody I've ever known too. The ENTJ I lived with wasn't like this at all, but I think the gender difference played the biggest role in that.

    I also used to think my mom ISTJ was a feeler, but this may have been colored by the fact that she's my mom, and I mostly saw the nurturing over-protective side. I did know a female ENTP that I (briefly) thought might be an ENFJ, because she seemed to use Fe so well, but after spending more time with her I could see how inconsistent and, perhaps, shallow she was with it.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] which type would have the most abstract thoughts?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-11-2017, 07:03 AM
  2. Which Type Would Make The Best King?
    By highlander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 05:05 PM
  3. [MBTItm] HEIST!!: Which Type Selections Would Makeup The Most Effective Team To Rob A Bank?
    By Winds of Thor in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 09:21 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Which type annoys you the most, and why?
    By KLessard in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 05:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO