First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i agree ExTJ

i have an ENTJ (male) cousin who seemed more outwardly F when he was younger, because he could have emotional outbursts sometimes. like if someone was beating him in a game, he would purposefully sabotage it and then pretend like it was an accident, or just run away and sometimes cry... and he could be very sweetly attentive to others too sometimes.

but really he was always a T, and just a sore loser

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    What on earth does arrogance have to do with basing decisions on thinking?
    Well, not necessarily arrogance per se, but simply being blunt and persistent about your own ideas/strategies/opinions. When I'm discussing something with others, I always join in and offer my stance, backed by my reasoning, etc. I do have a bad habit of automatically playing the 's advocate - partially to test out the strength of the other person's reasoning, but also because I think it's fun.

However, if it's necessary to get along with the group (that is, they're colleagues at work, or maybe just a professor etc), I shut up when I notice that the others grow weary of the argument/debate. Or if they start to go all emo soap opera on me (politics!)... I know that if I keep pushing, it'll get ugly. In both cases, if I kept arguing, I'd just set myself up to be portrayed in a negative light, which can hinder work/school networking success.

It's in my best interest to not cause a stir in the wrong circles. Group harmony... I understand that this is a chief F trait.

Howeve
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of Trinity somewhat there... Thinker doesn't mean cold and emotionless anymore than Feeler means nice and squishy... it simply means a preference in subjective or objective decision-making and evaluating processes

Anyways... we all use all of the functions, so all thinkers are also feelers and vice versa
    You always remind me of my 6th grade gym teacher. So peppy, cheery and diplomatic. I bet you've got sexy rocket legs like she does.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

"work/school networking success" you sure you aint estp ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4?

I've read that xNTPs are typically much more open about their feelings than other thinking types, with the extroverted ENTPs obviously expressing them more (but INTPs being more honest and complete when they do express them).

Seeking group harmony is not an F trait, it is an Fe trait. An ExTP would have this fairly pronounced as his tertiary function. Playing the Devil's Advocate tends to be a Ti (and maybe Ne) trait. Having strong personal opinions (especially those not backed by much) is really more of Fi trait, but it would be more pronounced in TJs because their Fi is less mature and they have almost no Fe to keep it in check.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    It's in my best interest to not cause a stir in the wrong circles. Group harmony... I understand that this is a chief F trait.
    Not F, Fe.

And the decision making as you explain it is based on logic, not feeling.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

*jinx'es magister343*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would guess ExTPs who use a lot of tert Fe.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by magister343 View Post
    I've read that xNTPs are typically much more open about their feelings than other thinking types, with the extroverted ENTPs obviously expressing them more (but INTPs being more honest and complete when they do express them).

Seeking group harmony is not an F trait, it is an Fe trait. An ExTP would have this fairly pronounced as his tertiary function. Playing the Devil's Advocate tends to be a Ti (and maybe Ne) trait. Having strong personal opinions (especially those not backed by much) is really more of Fi trait, but it would be more pronounced in TJs because their Fi is less mature and they have almost no Fe to keep it in check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Not F, Fe.
    And the decision making as you explain it is based on logic, not feeling.
    Well, that does make sense. *shrug* Especially the Fi part...I really don't have any opinions unless I've thoroughly researched it and thought it out. I don't understand how ANYONE can just spring up opinions out of thin air. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    "work/school networking success" you sure you aint estp ?
    shhhh damn you... :steam:
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

ENTP>ESTP>ESTJ>ENTJ>INTP>ISTP>INTJ>ISTJ

Or so I think...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by magister343 View Post
    Seeking group harmony is not an F trait, it is an Fe trait.
    Fi generally wants group harmony too, but only if the group isn't violating our ideals... in which case we don't mind a little conflict first, and once things are set straight, then we can work on harmony. we figure harmony can be sacrificed temporarily for the long-term greater good. Fe would probably rather wait things out a little while longer and work things out more discreetly to maintain harmony.

and Fi is just not as good at group monitoring as Fe, so try as we might, we really can't do as good a job.

it's an interesting dichotomy because Fe generally comes off warmer and more welcoming than Fi, because it's more of an active thing. Fi's warmth is more passive - it's more like acceptance than welcoming. a key difference is also that Fe can turn that warmth off and become very cold and passive, while Fi will get angry and active.

so anyway, what i think this all means is that T types with Fe can read as very feelery-ish, even though they're not, but it'll probably only come in spurts. immature Fe can be really good at hitting someone where it hurts and/or is the most embarrassing, and can be good at ostracizing. like magister was pointing out, immature/not-well-or-often-used Fi will probably manifest more in occasional bouts of intense personal feeling or stubbornness over beliefs. Fe is more likely to show feelings for someone, but not change their own internal state, while Fi is more likely to mirror others' internal states.