User Tag List

123 Last

Epiphany

Default Intuitive Absent-Mindedness

What are some examples of things you've done or haven't done while your mind was elsewhere?

- Today I was trying to check the balance on my credit card and instead of dialing the 1-800 number on the back, I picked up the phone and dialed my credit card number.

- I remember a couple of years ago, I prepaid for gas then got back into my truck and left. About four blocks down the road I noticed that my gas tank was still empty.

I'm sure there are a lot more that aren't coming to me right now.

Share your stories.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

going upstairs to get my cell phone, bringing my cell into my room while i grab a necklace, getting distracted by my necklaces and 5 other things, leaving the cell on the desk, and only realizing that once i'm downstairs.

this is why living in a dorm room is so much easier for me than living in a huge house.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    this is why living in a dorm room is so much easier for me than living in a huge house.
    ++ Not a dorm room here, but a studio apartment. I cannot live in a house again. The convenience of not losing things...

Threads like this always make me wonder if I've mistyped myself. Again.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...d-moments.html (among other threads)

PS you intuitives don't have a monopoly on absentmindedness, yaknow.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...d-moments.html (among other threads)

PS you intuitives don't have a monopoly on absentmindedness, yaknow.
    lol excellent.

it's kind of comforting to know we're all absentminded at times

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I was at ArtScape in Baltimore a couple weeks ago, and I walked off without paying for my dinner. I didn't notice until I was halfway through eating ten minutes later. Oh well.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've done all of the above.

To that I'd add:

Accidentally threw my purse in the garbage. The purse was in one hand, and the trash in the other.

Put my keys in the fridge. Literally.

Unlocked my apartment door, and forgotten to take the keys out of the keyhole. Many times.

Left my purse behind at public places. Many times.

Eaten at one of those Chinese buffet places where you pay at the cash register when you're done eating and forgot to pay.

Gone to the store and filled my cart ready to pay and realized I forgot my wallet at home. A few times.

Packed my lunch for work so I didn't have to eat out but ended up having to eat out anyway because I forgot to put my food in the fridge. Multiple times.

Yeah, I can be incredibly absent-minded at times.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP

I used to be really absent minded as a small child. I lost so many pairs of glasses by throwing them in the trash with my lunch tray. I've thrown house keys and cell phones in the trash too. I've wondered in and out of so many classrooms. I forget what floor my doctor is on constantly, despite refreshing myself minutes before.

For the last couple of years I've been losing things in my very small room. So don't think a small space will keep you safe from the inexplicable black abyss that randomly opens up and swallows your backpack or a whole uneaten sandwich. Or a blow dryer.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Purses and glasses in the trash? Damn, it's time to go dumpster diving... where do all the N's live??

As for me, let's see...

* Last week I put a textbook in the freezer...I thought it was the TV dinner I'd bought.

* Accidentally threw a pen at a stranger on the train...I thought my friend was sitting behind me, who had lent me the pen and I flung it backwards automatically and heard an older man gasp "jesus christ!"

* Forgot to change my boss's cc information when he travelled, and he ended up with a denied card. scheisse!!

* Nearly broke into someone else's truck because I thought it was mine. The key wasn't unlocking the door and I was shaking the shit out of the door handle. Eventually, some dog inside the car starts barking viciously and scared the shit out of me. It was a BIG dog.

* Attempted to upload a homework assignment online for school and accidentally uploaded the wrong file...a thing I typed up about my idea of installing toilets in car seats...flip the seat up and take a shit on road trips. No need for rest stops during road trips. Well, I couldn't delete it once I realize what I'd done, so of course the Professor read it and actually emailed me personally and said he'd buy something like that.

* Answered the phone, thinking it was my friend I'd just gotten disconnected with. I answered the phone and said jokingly, "You moronic little cockcruncher. What's wrong with your phone?" It was the CFO of the company I worked at.

* In Philosophy class, I was focused intently, and I subconsciously noticed french fries on the desk next to me. I always eat fries, so I mindlessly grabbed fries out the bag and munched as I listened. Only after helping myself several times did I realize I was eating a stranger classmate's food. I was so embarrassed, I gave her $2.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    Put my keys in the fridge. Literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    * Last week I put a textbook in the freezer...I thought it was the TV dinner I'd bought.
    - Put the remote control in the refrigerator.

Alright I don't feel bad about this anymore.