• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intuitive Absent-Mindedness

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh my gosh, this thread is hilarious!! I had to quote almost every post!

- Today I was trying to check the balance on my credit card and instead of dialing the 1-800 number on the back, I picked up the phone and dialed my credit card number.

- I remember a couple of years ago, I prepaid for gas then got back into my truck and left. About four blocks down the road I noticed that my gas tank was still empty.
Fantastic - I did the office snort when I read the second one!

going upstairs to get my cell phone, bringing my cell into my room while i grab a necklace, getting distracted by my necklaces and 5 other things, leaving the cell on the desk, and only realizing that once i'm downstairs.
Yup. I do this all the time. Go down to the basement to get something, and while I'm down there I throw in a load of laundry, check the supply of toilet paper, etc and then go back upstairs, realizing I forgot to get the thing I went down for!

Left my purse behind at public places. Many times.
Ugh, I do this all the time too. So annoying and embarrassing! I also used to lock my keys in the car with alarming regularity, when I had manual locks. Remote entry is the best thing ever!!

* Accidentally threw a pen at a stranger on the train...I thought my friend was sitting behind me, who had lent me the pen and I flung it backwards automatically and heard an older man gasp "jesus christ!"

* Forgot to change my boss's cc information when he travelled, and he ended up with a denied card. scheisse!!

* Nearly broke into someone else's truck because I thought it was mine. The key wasn't unlocking the door and I was shaking the shit out of the door handle. Eventually, some dog inside the car starts barking viciously and scared the shit out of me. It was a BIG dog.

* Attempted to upload a homework assignment online for school and accidentally uploaded the wrong file...a thing I typed up about my idea of installing toilets in car seats...flip the seat up and take a shit on road trips. No need for rest stops during road trips. Well, I couldn't delete it once I realize what I'd done, so of course the Professor read it and actually emailed me personally and said he'd buy something like that. :thelook:
Haha, I can't say I've done the first two, but they both made me lol. :) As for the third one... my husband and I totally did this at Ren Fest last year (and he's an S!). We'd sort of forgotten where we were parked, we knew the general vicinity but not exactly where, so we were scanning the lot for the maroon Buick LeSabre he was driving at the time. We spot what we think is it, and he hits the remote entry on his key fob, and it's not working, not working, not working, and we're trying the doors, going, "What the heck." Finally it worked and we opened the doors and started to get in. Only then did we notice that there was stuff that wasn't ours in the car... and that the reason the remote entry had finally worked was because the actual owners of the car had come up and hit theirs! :doh::doh:

Wow was that ever embarrassing. I'm sure they thought we were drunk but we weren't! Oh yeah and we were also dressed as a pirate and a musketeer. Not that that's unusual at Fest, but the car's real owners were Danes (short for Mundanes, meaning not in costume) and I can only imagine what they were thinking.

And as for the 4th one you posted... one of my colleagues once asked me to send him a document I'd been working on for work, and I accidentally sent him a personal document I had on my desktop. He emailed back and was like, "Uh... I think you sent me the wrong thing...". Yeah, that was awesome...:banana2:

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
One time I got off work and thought my car had been stolen. It was a big parking lot. I forgot where I parked. ..except when my boyfriend, who was the security guard, helped me find my car it was right where I was looking.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I super-glued my fingers together, I forgot to pick up a huge order and I forgot I was going to wash my face and now my bathroom is flooded with water.

:doh:

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I super-glued my fingers together, I forgot to pick up a huge order and I forgot I was going to wash my face and now my bathroom is flooded with water.

:doh:

That's a mess of a day right there.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
At a shopping center
Put my wallet in a plastic bag with my lunch rubbish in it (I wasn't even aware I did it), I of course forgot I put my wallet in there and I threw the bag in the bin.

Everytime I buy a movie ticket, I store it somewhere I forget (especially if I'm with other people), sometimes I accidentally throw it in the bin with the ticket receipt.

A few times I've almost walked out of shops holding things I haven't paid for (of course, they don't accept 'absent mindedness' as any valid excuse). I'm innocent I swear!

I've left rags near the gas stove and they've caught on fire. I've burnt a fair few things in the oven too... because I become immersed in some other task.

Noon

Not an N, but today while lost in thought, I walked into the kitchen and placed my soda can into the microwave instead of the refrigerator. I came back after a few seconds when something didn't feel right :huh:. I'm glad I didn't turn it on.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not an N, but today while lost in thought, I walked into the kitchen and placed my soda can into the microwave instead of the refrigerator. I came back after a few seconds when something didn't feel right :huh:. I'm glad I didn't turn it on.

You sound like me. Oh the stories I could tell... I once locked my car with the engine running at a gas station. Yikes. :doh:

The interesting thing to me is the strange feeling you mentioned. Happens all the time. I can see something deep in our brain, like this little person tapping on our shoulder and telling us to wake up and stop daydreaming. But the person doesn't know exactly what's wrong. Like a warning bell or something.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Half the time I get that "strange feeling", other times I'll open my bathroom cabinet and find the granola bar I was looking for yesterday...

I find OCD to be a good insurance against this kind of thing. Comes at a high price though.