7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

very interesting read satine...thanks for writing all that out. i've actually never read about all that but wow...it all makes so much sense...and i relate a whole lot to the way you described it.

and funny...i realized that i feel soothed when i'm streamlining an idea...like writing a business plan...it feels good to control/give structure to the ne...or something...that must be one way i see te in myself...that would be te...wouldn't it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Ginkgo

Alright, well I think that function order is a controversial topic. There are many theories thrown about, most predominantly the standard theory which is the basis of MBTI. Function preference for people other than yourself cannot be empirically tested. Neither can type. However, one can learn about the functions and determine what resonates with them, and even express how those functions resonate according to definition and recognition of them. This is what I am going to do because I have nothing better to do at the moment.

Introverted Feeling: I find this function to manifest itself in either accepting or rejecting of things according to what I'm feeling at the moment. It's difficult for me to even describe this function as I see it, and no anecdote could really do it justice. When my friend asks me to see a movie, I determine whether I want to go based on whether I feel compelled to or not. What reasons should I feel compelled? What reasons should I deject it? If I don't have the desire, then I likely won't go unless I appeal to my other functions. This can give people the impression that I am flaky or flighty, or that I have no sense of order or direction. However, my direction is simply undisclosed and it takes the form of emotion. Introverted Feeling.

Extraverted Intuition: This is the function that I do see as a "parent" or facilitator. It's not something I use in relation to myself as much as I use it to connect with others or envision change in a very broad, sweeping sense. Unlike introverted intuition, I rarely change my own vision in a sweeping way. When Fi bleeds into Ne, I can have the appearance of influencing the environment in ways that I feel comfortable with. Sometimes it can be by disrupting the flow of events to create a snow ball effect. Usually, I must do this in the first stages of an event to have the greatest impact. You have to plant the seed of an idea swiftly so it grows and culminates into the crux or theme of a larger picture. Otherwise, your voice will be drowned out in a sea of "what has been". I can generally see the future in front of me and I can make general plans about what I'll have to do. I am a minimalist who slides by instead of hammering down every detail along the path.

Introverted Sensing : This function isn't just about mere sense impression. It's also about deriving meaning and significance from the sense for me, personally. My past is something that doesn't apply to all people, and it affects me profoundly. I can either let it encumber me or aid me. If I use it correctly, it can keep me grounded and focused on a single thing instead of floating everywhere as my intuition would have me do. Sometimes I can counsel the past or attempt to undo what has already been done when this function blends into my intuition. This can give people the impression that I am a perfectionist about my projects, never actually drawing closure to them but instead lingering.

Extraverted Thinking : This function is badass. Probably what motivates me to be active regardless of what I feel, but instead about what would be most efficient. In its more passive form, it allows me to make logical distinctions, pry ideas apart or look for gaps in reasoning. It's very linear and systematic. I'm honestly not sure whether this is my Te talking or Ti. At its worst, it can mesh with my introverted feeling, turning what should be impersonal action into a personal vendetta for order and accountability.

Extraverted Feeling : I am so oblivious to this function that it's hysterical. Earlier, someone made a thread about Fe and "beauty". How, according to Jung, external objects are somehow "enchanted" by some impression of a collective feeling organism. The fact is that, when I am giving my opinion, it is either in accordance with that I actually think or in accordance with a reasoned approach (thinking). I pander to an individual and attempt to access his/her own preferences and desires, not a collective. I have no moral agency against the collective, it's just simply not how I operate as far as feeling. Even if I try to convey how this function is like for me, I doubt it will be true to form. It would probably be a bastardization or a fusion of other functions trying to pass themselves off as Fe.

Introverted Intuition : I've experienced intense introverted intuition only a few times in my life, but every time was unnerving. My normal mode of thinking is likened to being on one side of a gulch with a shattered, asymmetrical bridge linking my side to the side in front of me. When Ni hits, it's like all of those pieces suddenly came together, formed a symmetrical bridge, and provided me with the exact perspective another person would have if they were on the other side. Normally I would simply try to fix the bridge. Ni would simply have me look at it differently through a lens that would appeal to universal principles of perspective.

Extraverted Sensing : I am so premeditative that it's difficult to get "in the moment" of sense impression for very long. For instance, I may hear my air conditioning right now, but instead of focusing on it, my mind meanders or withdraws back into reflection again. Occasionally, when I'm doing something consistent like driving or listening to music, or even meditation, I will harken to what I might call extraverted sensing. I might do things instinctively while in this mode, but my mind is so devoid of pure, primal instinct that it's kind of sad. Lol.

Introverted Thinking : This function is just as equal in badassiosness as its extraverted counterpart, though it scarcely looks so. When I am searching for the right words to use, or the correct structure of an idea to convey, introverted thinking is where "it's" at. It most often takes the form of searching for grammatical or dialectical consistency. It gives me a sense of security knowing that my ideas are crystal clear. However, with this clarity comes a sort of removal from my person and others. This gives me an untold potential to piss people off while still being politically correct. I have to say that my own Ti is not purely introverted. Everything I know comes from an outside source, not an innate sense of logic; though I can reason that information out in spite of its influence.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

ESTP

Dominant: Extraverted Sensing (Se)
    Se focuses on the experiences and sensations of the immediate, physical world. With an acute awareness of the present surroundings, it brings relevant facts and details to the forefront and may lead to spontaneous action.[14]

Auxiliary: Introverted Thinking (Ti)
    Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[15]

Tertiary: Extraverted Feeling (Fe)
    Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.[16]

Inferior: Introverted Intuition (Ni)
    Attracted to symbolic actions or devices, Ni synthesizes seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined. These realizations come with a certainty that demands action to fulfill a new vision of the future, solutions that may include complex systems or universal truths.[17]

[edit] Shadow functions
    Later personality researchers (notably Linda V. Berens)[18] added four additional functions to the descending hierarchy, the so-called "shadow" functions to which the individual is not naturally inclined but which can emerge when the person is under stress. For ESTP, these shadow functions are (in order):

Introverted Sensing (Si):
    Si collects data in the present moment and compares it with past experiences, a process that sometimes evokes the feelings associated with memory, as if the subject were reliving it. Seeking to protect what is familiar, Si draws upon history to form goals and expectations about what will happen in the future.[19]

Extraverted Thinking (Te):
    Te organizes and schedules ideas and the environment to ensure the efficient, productive pursuit of objectives. Te seeks logical explanations for actions, events, and conclusions, looking for faulty reasoning and lapses in sequence.[20]

Introverted Feeling (Fi):
    Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation.[21]

Extraverted Intuition (Ne):
    Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[22]
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    For me, Fi works as an idealizing function. I often determine what worth something has and maintain that opinion until that external thing changes. It is very potent for me, though most people do not notice my feelings simply because my expressions rarely reflect what I am feeling internally. This can sometimes result in social complications where people think I am unhurt when I really am, or when I feel strongly about something and no one was aware. Sometimes my subjective interpretation of someone's tone or statement can give me an emotionally skewed (either positive or negative) view on things. Ti, for instance, is involved with linear analysis and sometimes it can be unsettling if a Ti oriented person hones in on the inconsistencies of our discussions rather than absorbing the "theme" or "purpose". I will often attempt to convey my ideas in an analogous way so that people can see focal similarities between one object and another. When this sort of thinking is dissected down to the bone instead of valued or at least understood, it bothers the shit out of me. However, I do see the value in clear communication and argumentation, and so Ti isn't as much of a "Devil" or antagonist for me as much as it is a counterpoint which should be learned from.

More on my own experience of function order a little bit later.
    I am actually identical with my logic. People dont normally have a clue that I logically judge things and generally I hold it in as well until something changes. I tend to more play with "what people(people in general) think" instead of openly being logical. Usually I respond in like kind to tone out of instinct. This part you explained about Fi is what makes Fi comfortable for me, especially the worth part. Fi is not forceful worth, just an internal judgement or biased. I like the distinction of worth better then values, it matches better with what I see.

99% of the time I notice the inconsistancy of Fi, but I pick and choose what to say. If I do say something I just want to understand why they are inconsistant, more like validating what I think and seeing if I was right or wrong. I may dissect down to the point of understanding.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I am actually identical with my logic. People dont normally have a clue that I logically judge things and generally I hold it in as well until something changes. I tend to more play with "what people(people in general) think" instead of openly being logical. Usually I respond in like kind to tone out of instinct. This part you explained about Fi is what makes Fi comfortable for me, especially the worth part. Fi is not forceful worth, just an internal judgement or biased. I like the distinction of worth better then values, it matches better with what I see.

99% of the time I notice the inconsistancy of Fi, but I pick and choose what to say. If I do say something I just want to understand why they are inconsistant, more like validating what I think and seeing if I was right or wrong. I may dissect down to the point of understanding.
    I constantly evaluate worth. Someone wanted my opinion on a situation and I asked, " What's it worth to you?" In other words, how far are you willing to go? Do you really want to "stand up" for this? How steep a price are you willing to pay, and I'm not talking money.

None of that is "logic." Christ, if used nothing but "logic" I'd be collecting welfare checks and eating out of trash cans.
    That's the problem with MBTI. It creates the illusion of one-sided personalities that don't even exist.

Ginkgo

I think the distinction between worth and values needs to be made.

While they are in some respects synonymous, values are also defined as morals, like "family values".

Morals aren't what feeling functions essentially are.

There's an anachronism there.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I constantly evaluate worth. Someone wanted my opinion on a situation and I asked, " What's it worth to you?" In other words, how far are you willing to go? Do you really want to "stand up" for this? How steep a price are you willing to pay, and I'm not talking money.

None of that is "logic." Christ, if used nothing but "logic" I'd be collecting welfare checks and eating out of trash cans.
    That's the problem with MBTI. It creates the illusion of one-sided personalities that don't even exist.
    I dont pay any attention to worth. Doesnt mean I dont do it, but its not a focus of mine.

So do you test people just to see how far they are gonna go and what something is worth to em or do you use your judgement of worth and compare it to theirs to know when to stop?
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is how I test....
    Fi>Ne=Ni>Te=Ti>Si>Se>Fe

These results apparently correspond to INFP, but I am not sure I agree with certain cognitive process orders corresponding necessarily to MBTI types. There's no way I'm a P.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I usually get this:
    Ni> Fi=Te=Fe> Ti > Ne> Si> Se
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche