User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    Do people really think we are built in that way? What are we, factory made?
    6th function role? WTH?

Dont delude yourself this much. Like some psychotherapist say, it's often the case; "analysis is paralisis"!
    I'm not terribly interested in the relationship of function strength to highly speculative theories either, I don't think many people function (ha, ha) as predicted by these ordering schemata, and there's a danger of being seduced into thinking the categories have some kind of predictive power to define self or others...

Anyway, here are mine, as near as I can make it. This is from a combination of various test results and personal reflection:

Ni
    Fi
    Ti
    Si/Fe/Ne
    (not certain of the correct order here, or that it matters except that the uncertainty makes me even harder to "type"! I can live with that though )
    Te
    Se
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Ne
    Te
    Fi
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    I'm not terribly interested in the relationship of function strength to highly speculative theories either, I don't think many people function (ha, ha) as predicted by these ordering schemata, and there's a danger of being seduced into thinking the categories have some kind of predictive power to define self or others...

Anyway, here are mine, as near as I can make it. This is from a combination of various test results and personal reflection:

Ni
    Fi
    Ti
    Si/Fe/Ne
    (not certain of the correct order here, or that it matters except that the uncertainty makes me even harder to "type"! I can live with that though )
    Te
    Se
    The whole people thinking this is a prediction thing is hard for me to wrap head around. How is this predicting anything. The only thing that even remotely in my mind could be related to prediction as to do with the testing and trying to answer how you would likely respond. This has nothing to do with the actual theory, it has to do with the testing method. I look at the theory from an INTP perspective which means that its based on a logical grouping of observed concrete details - NeTiSi. Predictive ability is a mere consequence.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    The whole people thinking this is a prediction thing is hard for me to wrap head around. How is this predicting anything. The only thing that even remotely in my mind could be related to prediction as to do with the testing and trying to answer how you would likely respond. This has nothing to do with the actual theory, it has to do with the testing method. I look at the theory from an INTP perspective which means that its based on a logical grouping of observed concrete details - NeTiSi. Predictive ability is a mere consequence.
    Lol, the problem is that when it's broken down into all these subcategories with evocative, image-rich names like "critical parent", it's easy and tempting for people to want to reason from these categories and try to filter experiential reality through them. Do you see what I'm saying now?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    STP

Lol, the problem is that when it's broken down into all these subcategories with evocative, image-rich names like "critical parent", it's easy and tempting for people to want to reason from these categories and try to filter experiential reality through them. Do you see what I'm saying now?
    Yes, I face the opposite issue. The concept based definition tends to steer me, not the image rich names. The names do nothing for me. I did notice the steering and I kept that in mind when responding.
    Im out, its been fun

I could explain all my Se,Ti,Fe as my critical parents, or as my devil role.. you see that often when people change types how much they try to filter reality through given categories, because they first reason Se as their "Critical parent" then Fe.. etc...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

where can i find out all the roles? this is incredibly fascinating!! helped put a lot into perspective. it was also great timing for me, as i'm finding myself more balanced with age.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post

I could explain all my Se,Ti,Fe as my critical parents, or as my devil role.. you see that often when people change types how much they try to filter reality through given categories.
    You just nailed the concept of what you do without giving it a category or name..."The filtering of reality through categories". This is what I stick with when I try to dig deeper as to me its concrete with who you are and what you do. These concepts to me would match more closely to the way you are wired and being able to understand then assigning things roles. No matter what personality you are or what role you look at these concepts ("The filtering of reality through categories") are the basic building blocks of what you do and how you function.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

According to the test I just took:

Ti
    Ne
    Fi
    Te
    Ni
    Se
    Si
    Fe

What does that mean? I can't be bothered to analyze it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I don't know what to make of functions.

Mine make no sense

Fi-43
    Ni-35
    Ne-34
    Se-34
    Fe-34