User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Is any one type more prone to drinking/drug use?

Just a thought

Also, do you think any specific ethnic culture to be predisposed to a certain type?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    we are the leader we've been searching for

infj ; 6w5 so/sp (maybe)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

dunno but i find it quite funny that one intp description said that intp is more likely to support marijuana legalization

but that kinda makes sense sine its usually the stupid people who cant think by themselves who are against it
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Drugs I would use:
    - Coffee
    - Tea
    - Coca Cola
    - Energy Drinks
    - Ibuprofen (If needed)
    - Paracetamol (If needed)
    - Penecillin (If needed)
    - Diclofenac/Voltaren (If needed)
    - Meclizine/Postafen (If needed)
    - Glyserol (If needed)
    - Alcohol (I really can't stand alcohol anymore though)
    - Hashish/Pot/Mary (I prefer this. Can't get addicted, can't get sick, and can't overdose, unlike on alcohol)

I will use legal and illegal drugs whenever and however I see fit. No one is ever going to tell me what I can and cannot do to my own body.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I believe there have been threads on this topic in the past.

I've wondered if Se-doms might be more likely to have issues with addiction, but that's just idle speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Drugs I would use:
    - Coffee
    - Tea
    - Coca Cola
    - Energy Drinks
    - Ibuprofen (If needed)
    - Paracetamol (If needed)
    - Penecillin (If needed)
    - Diclofenac/Voltaren (If needed)
    - Meclizine/Postafen (If needed)
    - Glyserol (If needed)
    - Alcohol (I really can't stand alcohol anymore though)
    - Hashish/Pot/Mary (I prefer this. Can't get addicted, can't get sick, and can't overdose, unlike on alcohol)

I will use legal and illegal drugs whenever and however I see fit. No one is ever going to tell me what I can and cannot do to my own body.
    Yes, you can get addicted. Most people don't, but marijuana can be psychologically and even mildly physically addictive. Studies have found that people genetically predisposed toward alcoholism are also more likely to become marijuana addicts.

By "can't overdose", I assume you mean can't die from an overdose, which is true. You can overdose, though -- there are negative effects of smoking too much in one sitting, of which the most common are fatigue and anxiety/paranoia.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

MBTI
    INTp

Well, I would suspect so, since I think the converse is true:

SJ types seem to be less likely to use illegal drugs for sure. In my experience, the most straight-edge people have been SJs who don't even consider using illegal substances a personally viable option. Underage drinking is more common, but still, I see it in much greater numbers with the other temperaments.

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    I've wondered if Se-doms might be more likely to have issues with addiction, but that's just idle speculation.
    I've wondered this myself. I think it's a bit more nuanced than that, in that personalities who score high on Fatalistic and Hedonistic attitudes are more likely to develop addictions, and that Se-doms are more likely have those attitudes.

My guess for most drinking and drug use is probably (E/I)SPs, followed by (E)NTs. Maybe NTs feel more free to experiment with cerebral drugs like pot, LSD, and shrooms, since they place smaller value on obeying authority.
    I (89%) N (88%) T (88%) P (56%)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Te > Si = Se > Fi > Fe

Enneagram: 5

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

the enneagram thing says type 7 i think...and i like party stuffs but i don't like habits or routines...if that's an answer...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

4 too i think, to feed emotion... people who value hedonism for sure. addiction also generally is suspected to have some kind of genetic component, i believe. personally, my opinion on the whole drug thing is that drugs are chemicals you put in your body that change it, just like food. they're not really all that different when you think about it. governments just decide to make some illegal... usually for good reasons, sometimes for dumb ones.

that said, i'm not really one for drugs. i typically avoid them on the basis that whatever i'm looking to do with the drug probably has a reason -- for example, if i've got a headache, it's probably because i've been way overstimulated, or haven't eaten enough, etc. i think symptoms are important, so unless i know why they're happening (or if i'm in a situation where i just need to get shit done), i probably won't medicate. though lord knows i appreciate some nitrous oxide

otherwise... alcohol's good, can be fun, i like little fruity drinks. and a really low dose of adderall if i REALLY need to get something done, lol. i don't really have much of a desire to try any other recreational drugs though, i just don't care that much

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

hardcore addictions? i'm sure i know one of every type. i don't think this is more prone to one type or another. i'm neither an alcoholic or stoner. i've had my run with both, but never had dependency issues on either. it was more for experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingMask View Post
    Well, I would suspect so, since I think the converse is true:

SJ types seem to be less likely to use illegal drugs for sure. In my experience, the most straight-edge people have been SJs who don't even consider using illegal substances a personally viable option. Underage drinking is more common, but still, I see it in much greater numbers with the other temperaments.

I've wondered this myself. I think it's a bit more nuanced than that, in that personalities who score high on Fatalistic and Hedonistic attitudes are more likely to develop addictions, and that Se-doms are more likely have those attitudes.

My guess for most drinking and drug use is probably (E/I)SPs, followed by (E)NTs. Maybe NTs feel more free to experiment with cerebral drugs like pot, LSD, and shrooms, since they place smaller value on obeying authority.
    i don't agree with this. at least not from what i've seen. i have many SJ, NF, NT, and SP friends who have a dependency on either alcohol or marijuana. i really don't think any one type is prone to it more than another.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i wouldn't equate being sensual with having addictive attitudes. maybe Fi, purely out of speculation. however, we see people of all types with addictions. it's more about mental stability. addictions, be is alcohol or cocaine are dependency issues, which typically arise out of dissatisfaction in some aspect or another with self or life. at least, that's my view. it's a way of self medicating or running away from a situation. and with marijuana, most people use it for inspiration.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yes, you can get addicted. Most people don't, but marijuana can be psychologically and even mildly physically addictive. Studies have found that people genetically predisposed toward alcoholism are also more likely to become marijuana addicts.
    you know you can get addicted on eating raw potatoes(or basically anything) if you do it enough. afaik it can even lead on a physical addiction because your body gets so used to eating only certain kind of food.

i bet if you would eat only junk food for a month and smoke weed for a month, you would get much greater addiction to junk food.

you will need highly addictive personality to create an addiction to cannabis, i know one guy like this, lucky he quited and even more lucky he never liked alcohol much..

By "can't overdose", I assume you mean can't die from an overdose, which is true. You can overdose, though -- there are negative effects of smoking too much in one sitting, of which the most common are fatigue and anxiety/paranoia.
    fatigue, anxiety and paranoia arent signs of overdose, its a sign that you smoked too much for your psyche to handle. when you start puking for smoking too much, that could be labeled as overdose, but its not dangerous
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read