User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

very well said abstract. i have not shared your experience...stayed away from anything i considered to be addictive BECAUSE i've seen my friends deal with it...and lost some too...horrible horrible life stealer that it is...but pot imo is about as addictive as sugar.

edit: and congrats for going through it...and hugs for how hard it is..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Crack didn't make the slightest impression on me, and I did it a few times, just to be sociable. Snorted coke at parties many times, never once thought I needed to buy some myself to have around, never thought twice about it after the party.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Crack didn't make the slightest impression on me, and I did it a few times, just to be sociable. Snorted coke at parties many times, never once thought I needed to buy some myself to have around, never thought twice about it after the party.
    Good for you, seriously. Glad you never got hooked. It is hell on earth.

But please understand that it could have gone the other way. It often does.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    very well said abstract. i have not shared your experience...stayed away from anything i considered to be addictive BECAUSE i've seen my friends deal with it...and lost some too...horrible horrible life stealer that it is...but pot imo is about as addictive as sugar.

edit: and congrats for going through it...and hugs for how hard it is..
    Thanks, Lady X. Yeah, I've lost a few too. One of them I made peace with just before he died. He was over the edge (even more than me), and was convinced I did him wrong (I most certainly did not.)

I showed him love and forgiveness, and it meant the world to him. When he left the trap that night, he hugged me and whispered in my ear, "I know you didn't do it. I love you too."

He died a week later.

RIP, bro.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I don't know any ESFJ addicts though, come to think of it.
    I think they're the alcoholics.

I'm not sure...I smoke light cigarettes, but rarely drink other than socially and
    have never done drugs in my life...I'm just not the type to run away from things
    by sedating myself from them

ENTJ

I started a lot of drugs when I was 12, but quit (accompanied with meltdown) at 17. I can't say I was addicted exactly though.. just being stupid. I never got much out of the drugs that are "officially" addictive (coke, heroin, etc..). I mostly smoked too much weed and did LSD one too many times. There was one period where I did different sorts of amphetimines for awhile, but it just makes you feel like ass after a certain point. I can't believe people actually carry on with that shit, but they do.

I am still crazily addicted to cigarettes though. It sucks. The one thing that might make me quit is vanity. They make you look like shit after awhile. haha.. forget cancer! I want to be pretty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

back to OP

I don't think it matters too much based on type, everyone can find something for them in one big goodie bag, whether it's prescribed or nay.

Strangely, I got addicted to OTC sleep aid this year (twice), before I realized my body became physically dependent and attached to it. I went through withdrawals, the first time I went unconscious while standing up and smashed my head against my kitchen floor. Felt good man.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    Wow, lots of assumptions. Again, I'm not addicted, so right now I'm having none. Although like I said, I had dinner with my friend last night and he got me high, and we laughed our heads off. Good times. And I don't want any today, much less need it, just like I didn't need it (or expect it) when I joined my friend and his family for dinner last night.

IMO, nicotine is a much bigger problem than marijuana will ever be. And yes, I'm addicted to nicotine. I've beat almost every street drug that's out there (after they beat me), but I can't seem to quit smoking... and I want to, very much. Now that is an addiction.
    I wasn't aiming all my question at you directly .. More thinking out loud with regards to weed being addictive.

You made some interesting points which i shall digest for a while though.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

If I abuse it, it is because I want the never ending stream of thoughts to stop.