User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

I'm an addict in recovery. Meaning that I believe I will always be addicted to my drugs of choice... I just might not use them, like I don't use them now. I'm still an addict though.

I'm an INFP 4w5 with hedonistic tendencies, if that helps the original question in this thread.

I like the fantastical, the surreal, the escape. I've had addiction problems my whole adult life. Beat them all, but it's a daily struggle. The dreams are the worst, but I personally believe they are part of recovery.

And fwiw, and relatively speaking, marijuana is not addictive. This, from experience and observation.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post

And fwiw, and relatively speaking, marijuana is not addictive. This, from experience and observation.
    I think that sentence is ludicrous. You don't have the cash to buy some and your happy with that? Your body is not reacting to the withdrawals?

From observation .. I have seen someone go from calm and stoned to on edge and snappy ..

If you're not addictive then why not just have 1 joint a day as opposed to 8? or save it for the weekends then get caned on the shit?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    You don't have the cash to buy some and your happy with that?
    Cash isn't the problem, in fact, there is no problem. I could get some in minutes, I just don't want any right now. I'm not addicted to it, and after 30 years of using it, I've never met anybody who is.

Your body is not reacting to the withdrawals?
    No, not even a little bit. There is no withdrawal, except maybe being a little spacey, and realizing how much fun you just had. A friend got me high with his homemade vaporizer last night, and the withdrawal, if there was one, was a sense of unusual calm. I have anxiety issues, and I enjoyed that calm.

From observation .. I have seen someone go from calm and stoned to on edge and snappy ..
    Bummer. Never witnessed that myself. Don't immediately blame the weed. Could be something else.

If you're not addictive then why not just have 1 joint a day as opposed to 8? or save it for the weekends then get caned on the shit?
    Wow, lots of assumptions. Again, I'm not addicted, so right now I'm having none. Although like I said, I had dinner with my friend last night and he got me high, and we laughed our heads off. Good times. And I don't want any today, much less need it, just like I didn't need it (or expect it) when I joined my friend and his family for dinner last night.

IMO, nicotine is a much bigger problem than marijuana will ever be. And yes, I'm addicted to nicotine. I've beat almost every street drug that's out there (after they beat me), but I can't seem to quit smoking... and I want to, very much. Now that is an addiction.

If you want to talk about real drugs, not naturally growing medicinal herbs, I can tell you about addiction. I communicate well, and I'm not shy about talking about it, if anybody sincerely wants to know.

Edit: I'm surprised I haven't seen more talk about alcohol in this thread. I drink too, but thankfully it's not a problem for me. I can take it or leave it. I mainly use it to self-medicate when I don't have any Klonopin, like recently.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I dunno.

I know addicts of all types. :/

I don't know any ESFJ addicts though, come to think of it.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingMask View Post
    That said, I do think (based on my informal experience) that there is a type component in which people try illegal drugs and underage drinking, with SJs being the least likely due to a greater respect for the law. Once a person has tried substances, however, type may not be a factor in addiction.
    I completely agree with this. The legality of it has never been an issue for me. In fact, I never even thought about the legality, much less rejected using a drug simply because it was illegal.

I don't know nearly as much about MBTI as most of you, but I do believe that is an "NP" thing.

I dont think drug/alcohol use has anything to do with type. I think it depends on an individuals life, path, and experience.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

If I were to make any drug a lifestyle, it would be alcohol. I already drink a fair share and I'm not even legal.

I used to be into marijuana. A lot actually, but it chills me out too much and I don't like it. It smooths out my edges and I lose my ziingg. I don't like it. But I adapt to social environments. The other day, I went on a 9 hour climb up a mountain with some guys who smoked at every other stop...so I joined in. If I were at a party and weed was being smoked, I'd probably join in.

For me, it's all about social setting. I'll usually slip into it if it's what people are doing; I am not opposed. But having my way, I won't go out of my way to get on anything. Except alcohol.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    I'd love to see a link to a study documenting evidence of raw potato addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    people can get addicted to anything, including raw potatoes.
    That's not exactly the proof I was looking for. I was mostly joking, but that doesn't mean you can cite yourself. saslou's note about trace amounts of nicotine is interesting, but also does not constitute evidence that raw potatoes are addictive. If I've read the data correctly, a single cigarette has several hundred times more nicotine than a potato or tomato, and I'm not aware of anything to suggest that it's addictive in such miniscule quantities (a few millionths of a gram per kg). I can't believe I'm typing this.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP
    if someone who has a schizophrenia smokes 0.01g of weed and starts flipping out, do you think that he has smoked an overdose?
    Symptoms of a marijuana overdose and symptoms of a schizophrenic episode have nothing in common.

You have no proof for what you believe, and apparently you don't understand what it means to provide evidence of a claim.

Abstract thinker,

You don't experience withdrawal symptoms from a marijuana addiction immediately after you've smoked marijuana. It usually takes a week or more, even for a heavy smoker because cannabinoids remain in your body for weeks, even months*. You may not experience symptoms but others do. I was a heavy smoker and dealer for years. All of my regular customers were addicted, while the casual users were never "itching" to get high. In fact, most of the time I was high it was because the customers couldn't wait until they got home before packing a bowl, followed by the addicts exhale. I quit abruptly due to a certain kind of...um...how do i say.... "therapeutic detention". In the following weeks I became physically weak, irritable, aggressive and could not sleep and when I did sleep I had horrible dreams and woke up with anxiety attacks. I wasn't habitually using any other drugs at the time except nicotine, which I continued using during my detention, albeit at much higher doses (two packs a day instead of half a pack) once the withdrawal symptoms began.

*HEAVY USERS, not once a month smoker.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Abstract thinker,

You don't experience withdrawal symptoms from a marijuana addiction immediately after you've smoked marijuana. It usually takes a week or more, even for a heavy smoker because cannabinoids remain in your body for weeks, even months*. You may not experience symptoms but others do. I was a heavy smoker and dealer for years. All of my regular customers were addicted, while the casual users were never "itching" to get high. In fact, most of the time I was high it was because the customers couldn't wait until they got home before packing a bowl, followed by the addicts exhale. I quit abruptly due to a certain kind of...um...how do i say.... "therapeutic detention". In the following weeks I became physically weak, irritable, aggressive and could not sleep and when I did sleep I had horrible dreams and woke up with anxiety attacks. I wasn't habitually using any other drugs at the time except nicotine, which I continued using during my detention, albeit at much higher doses (two packs a day instead of half a pack) once the withdrawal symptoms began.

*HEAVY USERS, not once a month smoker.

NEXT DAY EDIT: I deleted this post because it was just too much, and it wasn't relevant anyway. It also shames me to know that my story is out there for everybody to see. Can't handle it. Sorry.

Suffice it to say that no, I do not have withdrawal from marijuana, but I had epic battles with crack and meth. I'm clean now, but they are awful. Stay away from them, please.
    Last edited by Abstract Thinker; 08-08-2010 at 11:19 AM.