• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would the world do without Fe?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
damn... so it's NOT angry octopus revenge for pulpo en su tinta! :holy:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i remember being really grossed out in the 9th grade when some kid brought in fried octopus, and there was a whole fried baby octopus in there. he threw it up in the air and munched down on it. all i could think about was the tentacles being tickly the whole way down :shock:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am a shiny orb of sunshine. It's just that my core actually burns. My rays aren't cardboard cutouts.

Actually, your interjections are always rather unpleasant. I'm not sure what that has to do with cardboard.

All I know is that I don't want your attitude defining Fi.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A world without Fe would be one in which no one had a clue about what anyone else was ever feeling. It'd be rather lonely.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Actually, your interjections are always rather unpleasant. I'm not sure what that has to do with cardboard.

All I know is that I don't want your attitude defining Fi.

Who the hell are you to talk to me about attitude? I should be ignoring this post. And no worries, you're the only one smart enough to take me seriously when she shouldn't around here. Now go get a fucking personality.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who the hell are you to talk to me about attitude? I should be ignoring this post. And no worries, you're the only one smart enough to take me seriously when she shouldn't around here. Now go get a fucking personality.

Typical.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
My Fe feels toxicity on this thread.

Little_Sticks

I have to really disagree with the sentiment of this thread. I'm not sure why Fi is being viewed as selfish. I know MBTI seems to define and put the Fe function on a pedestal of something magical that can understand everything and respond in a way that always makes people feel good. But let's face it, that's hugely theoretically bias; if someone uses Fe well they have the ability to understand well the immediate emotions of another and respond and influence in any manner they see fit, to fulfill whatever manipulative goals that person wants to fulfill or to make other people feel better. And you can't just further blame all action the Fe person might do on Fi by labeling it such and saying because we act, we use Fi and we are selfish. If you follow along this reasoning then you believe that all actions human beings take are selfish, and that the cause and effect relationships of physics or a computer program are selfish because they act depending on certain guidelines just as we do in our conscious minds. Human consciousness and human philosophy is just not that simple and clear-cut.

And Fi on the other hand just evaluates the worth of a relationship with another human being and morals and ethics, etc. It can sometimes be selfish, but not anymore than Fe. This is the function that if it is valued strongly with another person can lead them to form loyal symbiotic relationships where trust is freely given and each feel motivated to want to do their part to help and enjoy one another, and can lead to acts of heroism since the person acting on Fi will want to protect or help those relationships they value. Without Fi, you lose morality and ethics and become only concerned with yourself.

They go best hand-in-hand and neither is selfish by default. To understand another and form an Fi bond you need some Fe and to use Fe positively to make people feel better and happier you need to have some Fi as well or you wouldn't bother.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, when I crafted the OP, I wasn't thinking about Fi at all. I was just thinking about Fe. :)

You make some good points in your post however.

Cheshire Grin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The world would be like a huge empty house in the middle of the woods. It would be snowing outside and there would be no fire in the hearth.

On the other hand, efficiency would increase as society orders itself around Te. Less dilly-dallying, less time wasted searching for solutions that build on personal values or harmony. Approaches would be cold and hard.

If Fe didn't exist then people wouldn't miss it. Peoples' values would be ordered via Fi. Many of the emotional and social bonds in communities, friendships, and marriages wouldn't exist. The world would be a sad place but maybe I am biased because Fe is important to me personally.

Thankfully that kind of world is unlikely to ever exist.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I can see it still being totally medieval, jagged, and without any sort of global alliance or comradeship.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
interestingly, i think a lot of strong Fi types value unity highly, but we're not always the best at making it happen.

Fi tends its own hearth, but Fe knows that by inviting someone to your hearth, the warmth is doubled, and is less likely to burn out...

not to mention they might know better ways of tending to the fire. :)

sculpting

oh...this thread is fun....

But I would suggest without Fe you would also not have Ti...thus you should rephrase it that way and in your question, then look at what would the world be without the 8 types who naturally use Fe or Ti in the top four positions.....

Then what your world be like...
INFP, ISFP
ENFP, ESFP
ISTJ, INTJ,
ESTJ, ENTJ

What job roles would each of these fill? Would it suffice to make a complete society? How would that society differ from our current society?

(Do the same for a world without Te/Fi...)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
^ Then it'd be like the partiers, softies, and people-persons
against...
the rigid ruthless tactical machines.

NO BAAALAAANCE! :(

sculpting

what makes FPs buckle down and work harder?

Who teaches the ruthless people machines that they might want to consider people?

:)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Without Fe, it would become a male dominated world

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Your doctor could perform surgery on you in a gorilla suit and you'd trust him all the same.