User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 471

  1. #71
    Senior Member Lightyear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Keep in mind that if the world had no Fe, Ti would also not exist. So our types would be halved.
    Why? In which way are Fe and Ti connected so that one can not exist without the other? Just wondering.

  2. #72
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Why? In which way are Fe and Ti connected so that one can not exist without the other? Just wondering.
    Well the way I see the functions is that Si/Ne, Ni/Se, Fi/Te, Ti/Fe all feed each other, and have a hard time existing without each other (if they even can). I see them all as the same mental process, just some people are more prone to do one part of it rather than the other.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #73
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    But I would suggest without Fe you would also not have Ti...thus you should rephrase it that way and in your question, then look at what would the world be without the 8 types who naturally use Fe or Ti in the top four positions.....

    Then what your world be like...
    INFP, ISFP
    ENFP, ESFP
    ISTJ, INTJ,
    ESTJ, ENTJ

    What job roles would each of these fill? Would it suffice to make a complete society? How would that society differ from our current society?

    (Do the same for a world without Te/Fi...)
    ^^ these would be the types left without Fe.

    Lightyear, Te/Fi and Fe/Ti seem to pair and communications between the two groups seems to result in massive communications issues. As Sim points out in his Ti thread, everyone intends for the best, but we assume the other thinks the way we do...thus misunderstand badly.

  4. #74
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Well... I think the world would be pretty dandy because I'd still pretty much be me and that's all that really matters.

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    ^^ these would be the types left without Fe.

    Lightyear, Te/Fi and Fe/Ti seem to pair and communications between the two groups seems to result in massive communications issues. As Sim points out in his Ti thread, everyone intends for the best, but we assume the other thinks the way we do...thus misunderstand badly.
    I grew up with people who think really different then me. I tend to struggle the most communication wise with people who think like me. People who think different are the most comfortable because it provides a new perspective, a new method, something to try and understand.

    Do people who feel different then you intrigue you? Like you have to understand how they feel? General feelings, not just how they feel about you
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #76
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    ^^ these would be the types left without Fe.

    Lightyear, Te/Fi and Fe/Ti seem to pair and communications between the two groups seems to result in massive communications issues. As Sim points out in his Ti thread, everyone intends for the best, but we assume the other thinks the way we do...thus misunderstand badly.
    I think people on this forum EXAGGERATE miscommunications. Noise and interference are natural byproducts of communication, just like carbon dioxide is a natural byproduct of respiration. If you're saying that the reason why miscommunications exist is (majorly?) attributed to the differences in these functions, then I disagree....there are so many more factors that make a much bigger difference. You'd think the other function pairs Se/Ni and Si/Ne would have just as much difficulty, but for some reason people with their own agendas seem to lay the blame at this.

    Two of my closest friends for life are Te/Fi and we're astoundingly seamless as far as our communications are concerned.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  7. #77
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Well... I think the world would be pretty dandy because I'd still pretty much be me and that's all that really matters.

    Pffft. You need me. It's a fact.

  8. #78
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I grew up with people who think really different then me. I tend to struggle the most communication wise with people who think like me. People who think different are the most comfortable because it provides a new perspective, a new method, something to try and understand.

    Do people who feel different then you intrigue you? Like you have to understand how they feel? General feelings, not just how they feel about you
    ENFPs do naturally dissect others, but to be honest I avoided Fe users growing up as I didnt understand them. I dont seek to understand feelings as much as predict behavioral patterns. I must say your thought above is funny as once I read a post where you and MDP were chatting back and forth and I had NO idea what you guys were talking about....

    I must say that communicating with my ex ISTP has changed massively in the last two weeks-once I learned how to phrase requests in a more Fe way...

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I think people on this forum EXAGGERATE miscommunications. Noise and interference are natural byproducts of communication, just like carbon dioxide is a natural byproduct of respiration. If you're saying that the reason why miscommunications exist is (majorly?) attributed to the differences in these functions, then I disagree....there are so many more factors that make a much bigger difference. You'd think the other function pairs Se/Ni and Si/Ne would have just as much difficulty, but for some reason people with their own agendas seem to lay the blame at this.

    Two of my closest friends for life are Te/Fi and we're astoundingly seamless as far as our communications are concerned.
    Protean, I think on the forum we actually uncover the acute severity of the issue. In real life we tend to make so many assumptions about how others feel/think-assuming they are like us, thus never really dig deeper. We also tend to forgive those we love and care for quite readily, and just overlook the occasional misunderstanding and move on.

    However note that ENTP:ENFP folks make best friends, but the relationships end horrifically as they try and become closer. The dance steps cannot be maintained. The ENTP will say the ENFP is crazy and the ENFP will say the ENTP is a narcissitic pig. Here on this board we have at least 5000 posts arguing this issue back and forth in one form or another.

    Other MBTI types can handle the communication gap better as due to the differing perceptive functions, they are not as likely to end in such an explosive, neurotic fashion and sort of limp along never really understanding each other, but not appreciating how different they each are.

    My entp and I have watched our company for the last three years or so and this divide is exceptionally destructive in a corporate enviornment where we dont forgive and forget. Instead you end up with departmental silos, defensive mechanisms, accusations of evil motives, and an endless mess...
    all due to different communicative modes....which costs massive amounts of time and thus money wasted. It also crushes people.

    also-peguy and lightyear....I would suggest you end up with stalin like figures when you take a Te dom and they grow up in an Fe/Ti system-like what communisim was sorta intended to be. They will dominate the enviornment.

    The most "evil" people I have met were an ESTJ and ENFP who had learned to play by Ti/fe rules-without understanding those Ti games are meant to equalize everyone in the group, an endless game of one-upmanship, and they instead crush others in the group.

  9. #79
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I think people on this forum EXAGGERATE miscommunications. Noise and interference are natural byproducts of communication, just like carbon dioxide is a natural byproduct of respiration. If you're saying that the reason why miscommunications exist is (majorly?) attributed to the differences in these functions, then I disagree....there are so many more factors that make a much bigger difference. You'd think the other function pairs Se/Ni and Si/Ne would have just as much difficulty, but for some reason people with their own agendas seem to lay the blame at this.

    Two of my closest friends for life are Te/Fi and we're astoundingly seamless as far as our communications are concerned.
    I think you're forgetting the huge role body language, tone of voice, and just simply knowing someone very well plays in communication.

    I believe that the internet, especially with respect to text communications that leave only verbal cues without tone of voice, and stressful situations that force one to interact more closely with someone (such as job coworkers or a business partnership or a marriage), is what amplifies the communication difficulties. In real life, I've plenty of NFJ and NTP friends, and didn't really notice any communications difficulties with either until I had to work with a very close INTP friend of mine.

    In real life, I find the S vs N divide to be more significant, because while tone of voice and body language "fix up" sloppy verbal language for Te/Ti/Fi/Fe, communication of difficult concepts is much easier with similar conceptual frameworks. S and N viewpoints tend to start out with very different conceptual frameworks.

  10. #80
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    In a world without Fe...

    Ni would intuit the need for it.

    Fi would empathically recreate the experience.

    Ne would brainstorm the possibilites for creating it.

    Ti would refine these into a conceptual model to explain how it works and why it is necessary.

    Te would turn this into a plan of action.

    Se would promote it far and wide.

    Si would preserve the usage once it was seen as necessary and became established.

    Voilla! A world with Fe!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Similar Threads

  1. What would the world be like without religion?
    By RandomINTP in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 11:06 AM
  2. How would the world be without Ni?
    By Lightyear in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-08-2015, 07:37 PM
  3. What Would the World Do Without Fi?
    By Glycerine in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 03:23 AM
  4. How would the world be without Ti?
    By Robopop in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 11:10 AM
  5. What would the world be without Sensors/Intuitives?
    By VanillaCat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO