User Tag List

First 334142434445 Last

Results 421 to 430 of 471

  1. #421
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Well, Z edits lots of posts after posting them, he is just saying what he said knowing he may have missed any changes in the back & forth since his initial read ... why would we assume he was trying to be nasty to protean?

    I ascribed the wrong interpretation to the edit space, but I was not incorrect in saying he wasn't accusing her of anything.
    He was implying that I'd go back and edit in him asking me to correct my thinking...that it was not originally included. Oh and that he said I was argumentative and hostile, which once again coming from an INTJ makes me beam with delight!

    Honestly, he wouldn't know it was pre-edited or not because the time stamp would not appear until more than 60 minutes have elapsed. So if I'd changed anything less than an hour of me posting it would show as no change at all.

    I made my post (377) at 9:23 and he quoted me at 9:33. So he saw what I wrote (and it's in his quote of my post) and his poor Se skimmed over it.

    If I edited his post, there would automatically be a record of it and it's clearly not there.

    So what else am I to believe that he was trying to insinuate that I'd play some trickery and edit in something to cover my tracks?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  2. #422
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Now at what point did I mention gender in that post?
    You didn't, but it's the way some fellas describe the ladies.

  3. #423
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    She might be saying that empathy is a learned skill but it doesn't really relate innately to the functions...it's a learned near universal trait? Please correct me if I am wrong, pro.

  4. #424
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I didn't assign the behavior.

    I assigned the potential for the act, and not so much out of malice, but moreso out of the fact that sometimes people go back and edit posts, and, if I'd missed an edit in which she asked for clarification, that this might be the reason why.
    Potential for the act versus the act itself is kinda moot when, in this context, you're "theoretically" talking of a past occurence. You were asking her for a post of hers, that she made in the past. So, behaviour already occured either way.

    Meaning that, at the time you had asked for protean's post, the way you did, it indicates: either (1) whatever edit she had made to them were already done* OR (2) she will go to edit them in now, in the present, after your comment.

    * if you truly believed that she had already made the edits in the past, before your post asking her for the example - then, it doesn't seem like, rationally, you would ask for her to remember or, for that matter, know, if you had caught the edited or unedited version - from the past.

    Which leaves us with option (2).
    Last edited by Qre:us; 08-20-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: edited...doing this for time stamp, to avoid confusion :)

  5. #425
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    So what else am I to believe that he was trying to insinuate that I'd play some trickery and edit in something to cover my tracks?
    ^ I wonder why that's the first thing that comes to your mind?

    Z can verify that I'll call him out if I think he's being a tool. Your interpretation didn't cross my mind 'til you posted it though. Although I can see it as a possibility when you flesh it out as above.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  6. #426
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    My very, very quick scan of this thread indicates that this is a manifestation of Fe. So, like, that's progress, right?


    No, no, we're regressing. As it was done by an "Fi-tert", and well, that puts a fly in our ointment.

  7. #427
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Potential for the act versus the act itself is kinda moot when, in this context, you're "theoretically" talking of a past occurence. You were asking her for a post of hers, that she made in the past. So, behaviour already occured either way.

    Meaning that, at the time you had asked for protean's post, the way you did, it indicates: either (1) whatever edit she had made to them were already done* OR (2) she will go to edit them in now, in the present, after your comment.

    * if you truly believed that she had already made the edits in the past, before your post asking her for the example - then, it doesn't seem like, rationally, you would ask for her to remember or, for that matter, know, if you had caught the edited or unedited version - from the past.

    Which leaves us with option (2).
    Hey!

    This reminds me of something I put in my blog recently!

    Plenty of reasoning, not much soundness...

    If you hadn't noticed, many posts had been made, the line of discussion was rather convoluted, and, in that context, edits can be made and missed, and even original requests for clarification can be missed; I was simply stating that she show me where she'd asked for clarification, and that, if she had edited it in after the fact that, and that I'd missed it, then I would want it to be known that I hadn't seen it in her original post because it was not originally there.

  8. #428
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    To which you provided this response (which I have deemed irrelevant):
    I missed this the first time but this is too good to pass up.

    Because you said it is, means that it is actually so. Hmm. OK.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  9. #429
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I missed this the first time but this is too good to pass up.

    Because you said it is, means that it is actually so. Hmm. OK.
    I'm just stating it as a fact.

    I have called it irrelevant.

    That does not mean it is.

    That's just what I've deemed it.

    And I will continue to until you show me how it is relevant.

    I have asked you to do so, but, thus far, you have not.

  10. #430
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm just stating it as a fact.

    I have called it irrelevant.

    I will continue to call it irrelevant until you show me how it is relevant.

    I have asked you to do so, but you, thus far, have failed to do so.
    Z, I can't make your brown eyes blue. But I can strongly suggest you go to a optometrist and get your scripts updated. Don't you just hate people telling you what you say is irrelevant?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Similar Threads

  1. What would the world be like without religion?
    By RandomINTP in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 11:06 AM
  2. How would the world be without Ni?
    By Lightyear in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-08-2015, 07:37 PM
  3. What Would the World Do Without Fi?
    By Glycerine in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 03:23 AM
  4. How would the world be without Ti?
    By Robopop in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 11:10 AM
  5. What would the world be without Sensors/Intuitives?
    By VanillaCat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO